Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If it's done enough yes it will wipe the raid. It's excusable if you are first time or haven't done it in awhile and or if you're rotation is attention grabbing but doing it a lot? There's no excuse for that in LFR. It's the "LFR Mentality" that make it painful.
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei
    I'm sure no matter how many times or how politely I would try to ask people not to attack Nazgrim during defensive stance there would still be at least 5 people AFK auto-attacking him through the entire fight.
    No, it will not, please stop spreading misinformation if you have only a few clue about how it works.

"DPSing Nazgrim during defensive stance = bad" is a common misconception from people who want to help, but only have a few idea of what is going on with Nazgrim in LFR. It would wipe you if you did it during first few days when 2nd SoO wing went live, but Blizzard quickly nerfed the rage generation of LFR Defensive stance - it's now capped at 1 rage per sec, so as long as there is 1 person hitting him, it will make no difference if the other 24 hit him as well. Moreover, with 1 rage per sec generation rate, you will never get Ravager unless your tanks derped hard on stacks.

Example - I got my alt up to 90 yesterday. After some quick LFR gearing up, I got enough for SoO (was 498 ilv?). Went to Nazgrim, kept hitting him during Defensive Stance with a number of other melee. Some people yelled at melee to stop hitting the boss, and I had to give them the same explanation as above mid fight, told them to trust my title and the fact that I have no interest in trying to top the meter with 498ilv, without gem, enchant and 1.3% hit. So what happened? Nothing happened. We got 0 Ravager in Defensive stance, killed him ~5s after enrage. Had the melee (and probably some range) didn't DPS him during defensive, that probably would have been a wipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    It's blizzard's fault my guild is full of shitters :^)
    designing a fight that makes you stop DPS is silly because shitters are gon shit
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Apparently stopping DPS is a forgotten mechanic.
    Also Heroic Immerseus... tunnel the boss and ooh what's this stacking debuff that killed me?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Eye sore is a PITA, I've seen more LFR wipes on Durumu than any other boss due to that.
    Honestly the eye sores don't do that much damage in LFR. You can easily take 2~3 ticks, what does kill you instantly is the beam. Additionally, it's fairly obvious now where you're suppose to stand/move to provided a) people didn't drop purple pools where you need to go around and b) people killed the adds from the tribeam mechanic.

However, I will admit that it is a lot of fun doing an over/under bet on how many people die to that boss alone. Typical is 15 out of 25 will die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    funniest thing about Nazgrim in LFR is to see people rage about pets attacking him in defensive stance, even after blizzard have told us that pet attacks does not give him rage.
    Huh.

I didn't know that.

I pull my pet off when he goes defensive.

The more you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    In LFR: "Don't attack him in defensive stance." ... result: Enrage.

In Flex/Norm: "WTF our DPS is awesome heals are shit how come we dies at .2%"

I just hate this boss. Fuck you Blizzard for creating a boss with knobs that turn the wrong way.
    When this first came out in LFR I remember having up to 8 stacks of determination with some groups. Since then I have been in the occasional group in LFR or Flex that have wiped on it - but it doesn't happen often. I suspect you are just coming across new groups due to the boosts. Give it a while and it will be cake again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Also Heroic Immerseus... tunnel the boss and ooh what's this stacking debuff that killed me?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly the eye sores don't do that much damage in LFR. You can easily take 2~3 ticks, what does kill you instantly is the beam. Additionally, it's fairly obvious now where you're suppose to stand/move to provided a) people didn't drop purple pools where you need to go around and b) people killed the adds from the tribeam mechanic.

However, I will admit that it is a lot of fun doing an over/under bet on how many people die to that boss alone. Typical is 15 out of 25 will die.
    "How many are going to die in maze here?" is a little like "How many people are going to hug snails?" It makes for a little fun in the event imo. I always tell people "if you arnt sure where to go - if you cant see the break in the maze - walk in the eye sores... its not good - but its not as bad as walking in the beam - you MAY get healed in the eye sore. Personally while I think I have only died in maze about twice early on, I do often "lose" the way someway through if I try and carry on healing/dpsing and end up the last few seconds totally out of the maze. Fortunately on my healer i just heal through it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    "DPSing Nazgrim during defensive stance = bad" is a common misconception from people who want to help, but only have a few idea of what is going on with Nazgrim in LFR. It would wipe you if you did it during first few days when 2nd SoO wing went live, but Blizzard quickly nerfed the rage generation of LFR Defensive stance - it's now capped at 1 rage per sec, so as long as there is 1 person hitting him, it will make no difference if the other 24 hit him as well. Moreover, with 1 rage per sec generation rate, you will never get Ravager unless your tanks derped hard on stacks.
    Thanks for the info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    and

No, it will not, please stop spreading misinformation if you have only a few clue about how it works.

Example - I got my alt up to 90 yesterday. After some quick LFR gearing up, I got enough for SoO (was 498 ilv?). Went to Nazgrim, kept hitting him during Defensive Stance with a number of other melee. Some people yelled at melee to stop hitting the boss, and I had to give them the same explanation as above mid fight, told them to trust my title and the fact that I have no interest in trying to top the meter with 498ilv, without gem, enchant and 1.3% hit. So what happened? Nothing happened. We got 0 Ravager in Defensive stance, killed him ~5s after enrage. Had the melee (and probably some range) didn't DPS him during defensive, that probably would have been a wipe.
    I'm not spreading misinformation. It's the truth, so if anything you are spreading it. I've had people in the same item level as you suggested and dps in defensive stance still ends up shit going bad. It's ignoring mechanics and LFR shouldn't be that. Ever.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Giving Nazgrim the pug killer title? Really?

Durumu the Forgotten laugh Nazgrim right up the face. Count yourself lucly if you get a LFR group able to down him before 5 stacks of Determination.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It's fine in the Immerseus case. You can spend the downtime on the boss on killing the adds, then deliver 3-4 shots at boss again, repeat. It's more about quickly switching from bursts of dps to aoe/control and knowing what your healers can handle. Nazgrim has a phase where you are just standing idly, which is just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    http://wowpedia.org/General_Nazgrim_...s_and_hotfixes

-General Nazgrim now gains 1 Rage when struck in Defensive Stance (down from 2 Rage).
    Note how this doesn't say "General Nazgrim can now only gain 1 Rage per rage gain from being struck while in Defensive Stance." He gains 1 Rage FROM EACH STRIKE TAKEN during Defensive Stance. More people = More strikes = More rage.

-General Nazgrim's Ravager no longer generates Rage when it strikes a player and deals 50% less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    This probably helps a bit, considering getting one Ravager doesn't immediately make him gain more rage, practically guaranteeing another Ravager.

Those are the only two major changes to his rage generation during defensive stance. YOU are the one spreading misinformation.

General Nazgrim can now only gain 1 Rage per rage gain from being struck while in Defensive Stance. That is the thing you are forgetting. He can only proc his rage gain 1 time each second, which has been stated earlier in this thread. That is why it isn't a major issue to keep dpsing him through Defensive stance in LFR. The issue in LFR usually ends up being nobody killing adds or bad tank swaps, not dpsing during defensive.

Normally it's fine when i've done it. If you are hitting enrage it probably means it was getting heals off the shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm not spreading misinformation. It's the truth, so if anything you are spreading it. I've had people in the same item level as you suggested and dps in defensive stance still ends up shit going bad. It's ignoring mechanics and LFR shouldn't be that. Ever.
    Except you are because the idea that dpsing nazgrim in d stance is lfr being bad is just WRONG. people that continue to spread that idea don't read hotfix notes and are spreading misinformation. The following is a list of hotfixes to nazgrim.

General Nazgrim's Sundering Blow can now gain up to a maximum of 25 Rage (50 while in Berserker Stance) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    General Nazgrim
    Changes on Raid Finder difficulty:
    General Nazgrim's health has been reduced by 10%.
    General Nazgrim's Ravager now hits for 200,000 damage.
    General Nazgrim now gains 1 Rage when struck in Defensive Stance (down from 2 Rage).
    General Nazgrim now gains 2 Rage for each target struck by Heroic Shockwave's Aftershocks (down from 3 Rage).
    General Nazgrim now gains 2 Rage from Kor'kron Banner (down from 3 Rage).
    Kor'kron Warshaman's Earth Shield now heals for 2% of maximum health (down from 5%).

There's a 15 second cooldown on rage abilities, and sundering blow happens about every 7-10 seconds. that means in the 15 second window in d stance you can at most generate 75 rage. (the rage gain from d stance can only proc 1 time per second in lfr. Actually, that's standard for all difficulties.)

YOU CANNOT GET A RAVAGER IN LFR DURING D STANCE WITHOUT A BANNER BEING DOWN AND PEOPLE NOT KILLING IT. Stop acting like the mechanic matters in lfr, and actually read patch notes before you try to act like the mechanic matters.

Yes, if you tunnel the boss and don't kill adds, shit happens. that's not an issue with dpsing during d stance, that's an issue with not doing mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    You can ignore 9 out of 10 mechanics in LFR, but reading the journal gives no pointers which is the only one you should care about. Therefore noone bothers reading it.

BTW I've never seen many wipes on Nazgrim, he just dies whatever happens. Whenever people don't handle adds, it can be a bit tricky, but hitting him during def stance? No problems.
    On the other hand Durumu sucks. If dps is low (and it is low), it doesn't die before the 3 minutes mark and kills 20 out of 25. That stupid eye sore doesn't belong to LFR in that shape and form, this is not the place to learn how to avoid that shit.
    The eye sores tickle now. You literally don't have to follow the maze. The sole thing you can die to is the hug beam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    In LFR: "Don't attack him in defensive stance." ... result: Enrage.

In Flex/Norm: "WTF our DPS is awesome heals are shit how come we dies at .2%"

I just hate this boss. Fuck you Blizzard for creating a boss with knobs that turn the wrong way.
    99% chance that the two tanks are hugging the boss. At 10% (or well, 12%), one of the tanks should leave and pick up the shamans + warriors while standing on an arcweaver to interrupt. Are you a tank? Your fault in that case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stick melee on the boss at all times except when he does defensive stance.

Have ranged worry about adds at all other times.

Kick anyone that continues attacking during defensive stance.

= Dead Nazgrim.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

He still gains rage from being attacked in Defensive Stance and it says so right in your own post. Every strike on him in Defensive Stance gives him 1 rage.
    Except if you go into lfr and hit him during d stance, you'll notice he isn't gaining nearly as much rage as he "should" for 20+ people hitting him. I remember there being a hotfix note or a tweet about them limiting the rate at which he gains rage in d stance in lfr, and in practice in the actual instance it holds true. I can't find the actual note though -.-

I haven't seen a single ravager in lfr since those hotfixes went live. even with people tunneling the boss. It's mainly the rage gain limit from sundering since that's where most of his rage gain came from anyway.

This hotfix that no one can find and yet is supposed to be the reason for everything seems to be the only argument for attacking during defensive stance. And until that hotfix manages to find the light of day, there is absolutely no reason to believe it even exists.

You aren't getting Ravagers because people aren't being bad anymore and they're not hitting the boss during Defensive Stance. Hard to believe, I know. You can thank the 'assholes*' who are 'spreading misinformation.**'

(* - Read: Players who are actually informed
    ** - Read: Telling people the proper mechanics.)
    *shrug* can't find it because I can't remember if it was a tweet or a hotfix (wouldn't be the first time they made a change and didn't actually ever put it in hotfix notes). Haven't seen dstance spawn ravagers in lfr even with more than half the raid tunneling the boss so meh. If tanks are swapping properly his rage gain is so low that it doesn't matter.

It's not like those were what wiped the groups anyway, it was always from there being too many adds up because people weren't killing them, and the mages one shot the group. Or a shaman healed the boss to full.

The amount of times I wiped in flex because everyone tunnels that last few % of hp... Nazgrim is just as worse as jin do the pug breaker.

It would need to be a hotfix, and considering they listed absolutely every other change made to Nazgrim, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't list this one which changes the fight entirely by allowing people to attack him during Defensive Stance. Tweeting it doesn't suddenly make it a thing.

That said, you are right about the adds/shaman being the real reasons for the wipes. But trying to down the adds with Ravagers going every which way was usually part of the problem. That and people standing in the shockwave.
    I mean, one thing they changed without EVER listing it in a hotfix was when they took the BrM nerf from 10% (which was in a hotfix) and upped it up to 15%. I don't think I ever even saw a tweet on it. It just showed up on the character pane. It does happen sadly -.-

With all the other nerfs to the rage gains in lfr it just makes attacking him in d stance pretty much inconsequential to a wipe. You're going to wipe to adds long before ravagers (esp since ravagers dont' even give rage at all anymore in lfr).
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2014-03-24 at 06:39 PM.

You wanna know how to deal with it in LFR?

Step:
    1) Turn on TV
    2) Stand next to Naz and auto bash (you need to appear on the dps meter to not be kicked)
    3) Move away from PC

The point? When you try less, you get less stress. Try it, its free loot No one cares, so why should you?

Other ways
    For classes with taunt
    Step:
    1) Turn on TV
    2) Stand next to Naz and auto bash (you need to appear on the dps meter to not be kicked)
    3) use taunt skill
    4) Die
    3) Move away from PC

Bellow will work on all the bosses
    1) Blow all you cool down and do as much damage as you can within 10 sec into fight
    2) Find the best way to die (use dagger if you have it)
    3) Watch TV/Youtube till fight is over.

using these following tech will give you Epics and less stress
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2014-03-24 at 06:51 PM.