Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Advice on a used gaming PC

I'm not very tech saavy and was just looking to buy a pre-built gaming PC from tigerdirect or newegg, but then I came across this used one off Craigslist for $800. Looking for feedback on this build and whether it's worth the $800?

Tower:
    Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel I7 3770 Ivy Bridge Processor
    Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Motherboard
    16GB DDR3 Kingston Hyper X 1600
    EVGA Nvidia GTX 570 HD SC - 2x HDMI - 2x DVI + VGA APT
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM HD
    LG Multi Drive (DVD/CD Writer) - M Disk
    Corsair 500R Case - White W/ Black Vents
    Corsair CX600 PSU

Monitor:
    LG IPS224 - 22.3" IPS Display - HDMI - DVI - VGA

Peripherals:
    Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard
    Steel Series Sensei Gaming Mouse
    Altec Lansing 2.0 Tower Speakers
    Linksys AE3000 Wireless Adapter

Thanks!

Eh, $800 is a bit of stretch unless it is in very good condition and the Windows 7 license is legit (i.e. not pirated). The CPU is locked (i.e. can't be overclocked), the video card is two generations old, and the PSU is of mediocre quality.

That being said, the fact that it comes with all peripherals is pretty nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say no.. simply because for the same price you can get a brand new system and have someone build it, and it will be the same, if not marginally better.

Get them to offer $500, and I'd grab it. Any more, and it ain't worth it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much, gentlemen/women! that link is perfect!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The link you gave him is for a computer with a graphics card that performs less (Although has more video memory), a dual processor vs the quad core with hyperthreading, and keyboard/mouse/speakers/wireless adapter.

I'd say depending on the condition it's worth the price. The processor still goes for $300 brand new assuming it's not actually the K series.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Arbiter! it was since sold so I suppose I shall try my hand at building my own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    The link you gave him is for a computer with a graphics card that performs less (Although has more video memory), a dual processor vs the quad core with hyperthreading, and keyboard/mouse/speakers/wireless adapter.

I'd say depending on the condition it's worth the price. The processor still goes for $300 brand new assuming it's not actually the K series.
    The card performs about the same, but cheaper, and more power efficient. The i3-4330 performs as good as (if not better) in WoW and most other games.. making the i7's 4 Core 8 Thread not really any better than the i3's 2 Core 4 Thread aspect.

And the CPU is $300 new retail. It's not worth $300 used, since nobody would want it. It's worth $0 if you can't sell it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's been maintained and not abused, a used processor will work exactly the same as a new processor. As it will work the same in WoW, there are a lot of uses and some games that will take advantage of it (not to mention the multi tasking uses of it WHILE gaming). It very well could be the unlocked version and just not advertised for that matter. Regardless, if the OP decided to starting messing with video editing it would be far worth it.