celestial tourney help

im struggling with xuen and nuziao. any advice on what pets to level or use to beat them. thnx

Zao:

1. Fel Immolate
    2. Call Lightning
    3. switch to zandalari pet
    4. Black Claw
    5. Hunting Party till Zao is dead

Xu-Fu:

1. Dance
    2. Bite
    3. Howl
    4. Fox dies, bring out your spider
    5. Brittle Webbing
    6. Spiderling Swarm
    7. Spieder dies and the web should kill Xu-Fu. If not:
    8. Decoy
    9. Missile till Xu-Fu is dead

Deleted
    The Fox/Spider/Mechanical strat works pretty good in most cases. The only way this will fail is if Niuzao gets a crit on your first pet.

Against Niuzao:
    Fox/Crystal Spider/Darkmoon tonk (or Tranquil Mechanical Yeti)
    Moves: Dance, Bite, Howl, Brittle Webbing, Spiderling Swarm, Crystal Prison (switch to mechanical) Ion Cannon if in range (check the damage in the tooltip and divide by 2), otherwise filler>Ion Cannon

Same tactic works for Xu-Fu as well.

Alternative tactic:
    Pandaren Water Spirit/Chrominius/Darkmoon Tonk (Or Yeti)
    Geyser, Whirlpool (switch to chrominius) Howl (switch to tonk/yeti) if in kill range with Ion Cannon, use it. Otherwise use filler into an Ion Cannon.

Against Xu-fu, exactly the same,

10+ Year Old Account

My Pet Battle Website: GirlsDontPetBattle!

Deleted
    The comments on wowhead on each of the pets/trainers in the tournament are also full of great advice. Usually there's multiple strategies with easy to acquire pets. A lot of those strategies are almost fool-proof and generally don't even fall over to RNG.

http://wowpetbattle.com/celestialtournament.html

This site was pretty helpful to get a good idea on all of them. Don't have to follow it pet by pet, but it gives great examples for all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Urtgard View Post
    snip
    wrong spider dude, S/S? get P/P 341 attack, with the dance he's still faster than Xu-Fu and dies from the swarm ability hitting for over 1400 damage.

Deleted
    It's been a long time for me since i did it, but i just killed Xuen with Call Lightning (ruby dragon hatchling?) and then the good old turrets from the Clockwork Gnome

Niuzao I did with the "cheat mode" combo: Whirlpool, Chrominius Howl + Surge of Power