Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Aborted babies incinerated to heat UK hospitals

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...hospitals.html

Seems a tad morbid, although what else are they supposed to do with them?

The bodies of thousands of aborted and miscarried babies were incinerated as clinical waste, with some even used to heat hospitals, an investigation has found.

Ten NHS trusts have admitted burning foetal remains alongside other rubbish while two others used the bodies in ‘waste-to-energy’ plants which generate power for heat.

Last night the Department of Health issued an instant ban on the practice which health minister Dr Dan Poulter branded ‘totally unacceptable.’
    'Sorry you had a miscarriage. Take solace in the fact that your dead baby will be used to keep the heating on for the rest of the babies that made it.'
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Deleted
    Not too okay with mascarried ones being incinerated, many probably want to bury them.

Deleted
    i guess parents should preserve the fetus in a jar with oil and put it in their living room

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Not too okay with mascarried ones being incinerated, many probably want to bury them.
    I'm sure they still have the option to do that. I guess it's only when the parents don't know what else to do with it.

What did those people think happens to foetal remains and other clinical waste? Incineration is better and more hygienic than putting it into landfill, plus if they can make energy from it then that's an even better outcome. The way the article is written makes it seem more morbid and wrong then it is - as if there are piles of dead babies being put into fires, but most of those miscarried/aborted babies are probably indistinguishable from the rest of the clinical waste coming from the hospital

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sure the health minister clearly has a wonderful alternative, considering he's quick to jump on the band wagon to say it's unacceptable.

Sure it's not the best way to go about things, but it is clinical waste, I have to agree with the miscarriages with possible burials, but that should be on an individual basis anyway. What the hell did they expect happened to them? Leave them in storage cupboards or what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eonwenian View Post
    i guess parents should preserve the fetus in a jar with oil and put it in their living room
    I know right?

Really? Did you read the article?
    Crap, I missed that. Only skimmed the article.

Now it's just ridiculous.

Deleted
    less humane than letting an organism consume them, but hey, what else are they good for.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's acceptable, then why didn't the NHS say so and continue the practice rather than put an immediate ban on it?

Personally, I think what they're doing is fine (even though it does seem a little morbid to me to use dead babies to heat your hospital).
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Oh my fucking god. Do you only say stupid shit? If they wanted to bury them then they would of fucking bury them dsaflkjhasdksjad. Its a miscarriage.
    You seriously didn't read the article then I take it.

Here:

The programme, which will air tonight, found that parents who lose children in early pregnancy were often treated without compassion and were not consulted about what they wanted to happen to the remains.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2014-03-24 at 01:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old news...

When a human is cremated, there is a lot of heat. No need to let that heat go to waste, so naturally, you make hot water for housing heating...
    Been doing it in Denmark for MANY years..
    An unborn fetus is no different from a "normal"dead body, in that regard..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    I have no issues with the way the fetuses were disposed of, but the parents should of been informed they could receive the ashes to do what they wish with them; In this case, they weren't informed.

As for them being used to heat the hospital, how long d'yo reckon the heat would of lasted? 30 seconds?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Not defending this, but wouldnt you ask? I cant imagine they cared all that much to begin with if they didnt at least try to retrieve the remains, because they wouldnt just burn them on the spot, there would be a period of time before and after the surgery that you could express interest in burying the remains surely?
    It's not aborted fetuses I have a problem with there. My problem is they didn't ask parents about miscarried fetuses, which they would probably want to bury.

Sooo....dead baby jokes incoming in 3...2...1
    Am I right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Not defending this, but wouldnt you ask? I cant imagine they cared all that much to begin with if they didnt at least try to retrieve the remains, because they wouldnt just burn them on the spot, there would be a period of time before and after the surgery that you could express interest in burying the remains surely?
    Logic dictates so, but i assume it's policy to inform the parents they can receive the ashes or the like...

But i have no experience with the treatment of remains from a miscarriage, so take it with a grain or rather a bagful of salt.

You seriously didn't read the article then I take it.

Here:
    I read it as:
    The programme, which will air tonight, found that parents who lose children in early pregnancy were often treated without compassion and didn't bother to ask about what would happen to the remains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Yeah. I read it. Its a fetus. There is nothing there. Your literal shit has more life in it than a dead fetus.
    Doesn't matter, if you miscarry it wasn't intended. You would've wanted it and thus you value it. One would most likely want to bury it as well. I don't have a problem with how they handle aborted fetuses but how miscarried ones were handled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I read it as:
    They could be in the grips of anguish over the fact they miscarried, or it died during birth, i mean...

I'd definitely ask what the fuck would occur with the remains and ask for them, but playing DA here.

One assumes, since one is too lazy/busy to read about it, that a stillborn baby is not chucked into the furnace the same way as a couple of months old biomass without consulting the mother.
    Mother pus bucket!