Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If I need to go to the toilet while in queue and it pops while I am there. No big deal just re-queue.

I usually never miss it as I do what I need to before I queue.

This would be a nice feature, I hate missing ques when I step away from the computer for a few minutes. Post it in the Battle.Net Forums definitely!

Something like that would be really nice, but IMO the act of waiting (like for a queue) is a task just like any other, albeit a mostly passive one. It's a calculated risk, but if you can accomplish making boom-boom while waiting at the same time then grats on multitasking. If not, oh well, L2Pee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonath View Post
    This would be a nice feature, I hate missing ques when I step away from the computer for a few minutes. Post it in the Battle.Net Forums definitely!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q...0button&f=post

It's been dropped on the official site tons of times. They just don't care to implement such a feature. Likely cost more to make than the number of people who would actually use it. Just my take on it.

There really needs to be a way to pause it. It's not just bio breaks, but when there is a 1 hour que that often times pops anywhere from 1-60 minutes from the time you join, you can't leave the computer or risk having to wait again.

What downside is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

I usually shit before I queue, but hey, I can see it working.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Good for you, not everyone has one. And even those that do, I doubt they bring them to the shitter.
    Do be aware that you're arguing with the same guy who wanted to argue about where I lived.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

"Hm, 30 minutes in queue, average queue time is 58 minutes. Should be enough to go to the toilet" Forget it, 90% chance the you'll get the invite right when you leave the room. I would welcome a pause button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    What downside is there?
    Imagine you are one of the other 24 players who have been waiting to get in. Now you queue just got extended cause someone forgot to go piss before hitting the queue button. now stack this affect as you gain people in the finder. if all 24 people have an auto-pause setup, you could conceivably add up to 120 minutes to a queue time.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Just because YOU can't handle hygene fast and effectively, doesn't mean, noone else can..

- - - Updated - - -

...or zero times for zero minutes.. More than that and you should've planned it better since you need to dedicate some time to the group anyways.
    planning your idle time is a good thing too; called being efficient. When you see 30-60 mins, you shouldn't sit with your thumbs in your ass waiting on a queue, if the only thing you feel like doing that day is getting that queueing over with; then a smart person would be getting other stuff done while in their mandatory waiting line for the 'fun'.

BTW, let me call ahead to any restaurant you are going to and make sure that anyone making your food goes potty and only takes 38 seconds to wipe, pull up pants, wash hands, and be back at their position ... I'm sure you'll LOVE how sanitary that is, right?

It requires a MINIMUM of 20 seconds of warm water and soap scrubbing to effectively cleanse your hands of germs. If you were doing effective hygiene, then that would leave you less than 18 seconds to wipe, pull up your pants, dry your hands, ascend/descend a flight of stairs, get to your chair, and click accept.

Pause buttons affects YOU in no way at all. All it does do, is allow people who've been in queue for 45 mins and find that their body has decided they have to go potty OR someone rang the doorbell that wasn't expected OR any other random possibility that can take you away for less than a minute for any reason, to retain their position in queue, while other people get to -move ahead- of them while they are paused.

There is no negative here; it is simply giving courtesy to the loyal, paying customer.

People will have to just keep abusing the system though, by using proving grounds or other personal scenarios to hold their position, which technically is an (albeit minor) larger strain on their systems overall. If you have thousands/hundreds of thousands of people holding spots on instance servers to save their spot in a queue, it would be much better for their systems overall (once implemented) to just have the ability to pause in a situation that you must leave your PC.

Hell, even when a queue pops, you should have an option to 'pass to next in queue and pause' because things can literally come up as the queue pops (like doorbells, phone calls, etc); but that is asking a bit much from people who are so ignorant to real life that a pause button seems outrageous, as if they've never had a feeling to poop or piss sneak up on them in their life; or any other thing pop up unexpectedly.

I'm sure people like that are the opposite of what they claim; it makes them feel better to spit lies of their delusions of grandeur so they seem bigger than life to people on the internet, while they wallow in their insecurities and depression when they step away from their concocted fantasies on the screen and into their daily life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, boy, is this thread starting to derail or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    The handwash part itself takes like 20seconds, so fast and efficient hygiene means skipping the soap?
    Personally I don't feel the need to use soap everytime I take a piss. The worst that happens is that I spread around my own bacteria around my own house. Ermahgerd.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    I'm sure people like that are the opposite of what they claim; it makes them feel better to spit lies of their delusions of grandeur so they seem bigger than life to people on the internet, while they wallow in their insecurities and depression when they step away from their concocted fantasies on the screen and into their daily life.
    whoa. WHOA.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    People usually use headsets.

And before you say something, the wired ones.
    Never assume I don't use a headset at all, other than for the mic when I'm on Vent. Great thing about living in my own apt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Imagine you are one of the other 24 players who have been waiting to get in. Now you queue just got extended cause someone forgot to go piss before hitting the queue button. now stack this affect as you gain people in the finder. if all 24 people have an auto-pause setup, you could conceivably add up to 120 minutes to a queue time.
    They could easily configure it so you would 'step aside' in the queue, so you don't lose your place, but don't have to go to the end of the line again. A timeout would also likely apply... say no longer than 5-10 minutes?

If you pause the que, that person just steps out of line and the line moves, when they unclick it they step back into line.

How does it extend your time? If anything, it shortens it, because you won't have to wait 38 seconds for people to time out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    If you pause the que, that person just steps out of line and the line moves, when they unclick it they step back into line.

How does it extend your time? If anything, it shortens it, because you won't have to wait 38 seconds for people to time out.
    This!

Imagine you have been in queue for 1h (so you're likely a dps) and are - unkowningly ofc - number 1 in the dps dungeon group. This means you will be on the next group. But then your body kicks in but you reaaaaaaaally must go and do it.

With the current system you would hang on, hopefully waiting until the last possible minute to get into the group and then go "do it". Ask for a little break to the group if you're polite.

With the pause system you would pause the queue when you felt the nature's call, the number 2 (and 3 and 4 and 5 and 6) would go in your stead into that ready group and then when you return and un-pause you'd still be number one and going on the 1st group formed.

Gains:

a) 1 less ready-check timeout for players 2,3,4,5 and 6;
    b) you haven't been in line for 1 hour for nothing and didn't crap yourself in the process.

10+ Year Old Account

Careful. They've said taking time and resources to implement entirely new concepts could take away an entire raid tier

(my fave Blizz quote of all time)

10+ Year Old Account
    There really needs to be a way to pause it. It's not just bio breaks, but when there is a 1 hour que that often times pops anywhere from 1-60 minutes from the time you join, you can't leave the computer or risk having to wait again.

What downside is there?
    Perhaps you should consider rolling a tank class or a healer class? Shorter Ques. Moreover, if you only want to log in to raid (and not do anything else), why don't you try giving oqueue or openraid a try instead? That way you can attempt to find a raid that runs at your schedule so you can do your pooping either before or after raid (and never during raid, especially during a boss).

Alternatively, there are these things called dailies, farming, harvesting, and TI stuff that you could be doing during that "downtime".

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    I believe you can enter the Proving Grounds for the duration of your break, then come back, leave the Grounds and retain your place in the queue.
    That's probably true.

So, now, I need more queue pausers I mean class trainers sprinkled about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Don't queue if you need to poop. I know, rocket science!
    But, I can't go 45 minutes without coffee, and if I have coffee ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tungs View Post
    Not a bad idea at all, followed by the normal plethora of...
    This person gets it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You have exactly 38 seconds to accept, when queue pops..

How is that not enough for a bio break?
    38 seconds. That's eventually gonna be a blown out sphincter or a mountain of trashed underwear. Or both. lol
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    1. Take a piss
    2. Grab a drink
    3. Grab a snack
    4. Have a smoke

---------------------------

Maybe do what you need to do BEFORE queuing? Hardly seems like a complex concept.
    I`m agree its just looks curious for me...I do all the stuff before i sit to computer and start to play...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    I`m agree its just looks curious for me...I do all the stuff before i sit to computer and start to play...
    Pretty much. You get everything done that you need to get done and then hit Join queue. Pretty basic.