Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    The big reveal, I think they're out of their fucking mind:

...does it come with its own mini fusion reactor to power it?

On the plus side, sounds like something that might run a more recent game at 60 FPS on a 4k monitor, for really really really high end enthusiasts.

That and the scientific applications.

5760 cuda cores...what is that like double the Titan's?

Anyway, for science...you monsters.

Edit: oh nvm it's just two gpus on one board, more SLI nonsense, no thanks.
    Last edited by BlizzardApologist; 2014-03-25 at 05:40 PM.

Interesting stuff Nvidia is showing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... here I was hoping something new =\
    I mean hell, for $3000 I can get 2 new computers.

Wait why is it 3000? It's just a bit better than 2 Titans, shouldn't it be like max max max 2500$ ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    This card isn't aimed at gamers if ANY of you saw the keynote.

It's all aimed at content creation.

It has full FP64, which the titan black does not

Not to mention the space constraints and savings it does by reducing in half the space it takes up versus titan black SLI (and even then it's better than titan black SLI because of full FP64)

And as far as compute, pros can have loads of these running simultaneously

They never even HINTED at games during the marketing of this card. It is NOT for you guys. It is likely that a Tesla ECC variant will be out as super high-end and this is the cost-conscious alternative.

It isn't made for gaming, and as soon as you guys accept that not every GPU is for games, you'll start being a lot happier. 780 Ti is for gaming. They never said the word 'game' anytime with the Titan Z.

And for those pro's the Titan Z is quite a sweet deal at an actually stellar price compared to the other compute cards.

So yeah, don't call it stupid, don't say it's greed.

Context, it changes everything.

Edit: Sure, there will be idiots that buy it (except super niche market for best in class performance (including compute) in mITX) for gaming. And sure, they might even show that it has the highest gaming capability compared to all other cards in their lineup (because it's true), but it still isn't made for GAMERS. It's made for pro's and content creators and if it allows for some gaming unlike the Teslas, then so be it, and if it gets a couple more sales for people who want the best single card solution for mitx or maximum epeen people with more money than sense, then why the heck not)

Edit2: but if you are talking extremities and extremely niche markets, this (as more of a side-benefit of the card, not so much its intent) is the only card in existence today that will run 4K decently in a single-card setup in an mITX rig.

NVIDIA can afford to have different cards, don't be made that they didn't make one of them for you in mind specifically.

Also, notice how the release of this card has not impacted any of y'alls ability to buy the GTX 780 Ti's that you believe is the card FOR YOU. It's still there, guys, options are options.

With regards to high end Maxwell, iirc it was recently reported that 20nm is having issues and that the majority of it is initially going to Apple A8 processor. It's been established for a while that it's 2H 2014 I think (which isn't that far off). Doesn't even make sense business-wise to announce a product that is way off and with its announcement, destroy your current GPU sales due to anticipation.

Just gonna quote myself
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

10+ Year Old Account
    The link above basically markets it as a gaming gpu...

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/art...ce-gtx-titan-z

I realize it's design isn't really meant for gaming, its still marketed as one.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-03-25 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think its directly targeting gamers at all. Its said that 3 (according to Huang) Titan Zs can rival Google Brain. This card however, I can see beneficial in companies that need more CUDA cores in order to render faster. In article below, an hour of rendering vs 1 min seems like a crazy trade-off.

source for quoting TitanZ: http://www.pcworld.com/article/21115...hics-card.html

And on the Conferences site, looks like Pixar might talk about it a bit more. And with Thursday being reserved for a Keynote on Video Games.

source for GTC schedule: https://registration.gputechconf.com...lector=Keynote
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

15+ Year Old Account
    I think ill wait for Geforce GTX Titan GT.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Geforce GTX Titan Black Ti Z inc. >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I think ill wait for Geforce GTX Titan GT.
    Or maybe Geforce GTX Titan Zx or Geforce GTX Titan ZxR.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose