Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    thats pretty much every boss in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's surprising enough on a first run through and as long as you are playing on a difficulty that you are not overgeared for he's extremely punishing on slight mistakes. You also have to deal with an extremely drawn out fight if you are not good at maximising DPS while avoiding his mechanics.

Probably easier on a ranged vs melee though.

played games for years, mad hes experienced.

this is right up there with wow is ez even tho most of those people fail constantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore
    I've been linked pictures of anime that are already like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by whathump
    What has science done?!

On Torment 1 solo with "not so great gear" (10m toughness and 250k DPS on a Wiz) the fight was intense. My favourite fight in D3 right now

Like others in this thread, I farmed all of Act 5 on Torment 2 (torment 1 in Pandemonium), but I had to drop to Expert for Malthael.

He hits hard, though that is not why I dropped down in difficulty. My monk has 6.6 million toughness and only 110k dps. Its not a problem anywhere but single-target dps boss fights because I can use my exploding palm for the luls, but on Malthael...there's a very limited window where you can exploding palm him to any great effect.

So even though his hits tickle with that much toughness, he has a metric asston of hp and if you don't have incredible dps, you will get bored out of your mind before you get close to killing him.

With my group we played all the game at T1 - with not optimized gear the synergy between party abilities/different classes is extremely valuable (no one with more than 200k dps and 2mil toughness) but we managed to get to him.

We did the fight 4 or 5 times, but between a lag and a stupid death we were wiping at around 7-8% because of too many death clouds on the ground basically because of huge hp pool and low damage. We decided to switch to master an it was a piece of cake - he dropped my Cindercloth and with a couple enchants i reached 400k dps
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account

Talking

Did it on my Wizard with around 140k DPS on Master, and used a close range stunlock spec (http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...fS!XVhR!cbYYZc). Took me a total of 3 tries. First try I learned the mechanics, go to around 40% after using 15 potions or so. 2nd try I died at 3%, while getting used to the mechanics, after the area where the red beam did not hit was covered in clouds, where he charged me into the clouds, dying from the 1sec knockback with Teleport on CD
    Now, having [url]http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/xephirian-amulet[/url] help a LOT on surviving the adds and actually being able to ignore them, as they kept healing me up.

Profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/I...323/hero/78389
    Or actually, I didn't use Arc Lightning, swapped to Piercing Orb on 3rd try to be able to do some damage during the middle phases after I ran out of Arcane Power

Deleted
    playing wizard, ~250k dps ~3m toughness. started on T1, but dropped down one difficulty after 2 wipes due to the insane amount of health and the fight would just take so long. I ran with galvanizing ward and diamond skin:crystal shell and was never in any real danger.

Those minibosses in Westmarch with the corpse piles were way more annoying than this fight.. :-P

I struggled a lot more with that fire boss earlier in the game tbh

Deleted
    Torment V took about an hour and a half to kill him, here's a video, speed up.

Infracted; removed Rickroll video link.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2014-03-27 at 10:09 AM.

Nailed it after 4 tries on T1, was a pretty long fight but i loved it, he also dropped the crafting bracers Reapers wraps and the material to craft them.

Deleted
    Very long. Wizard on T1 took like 10+ minutes to kill him with 400k dps. Lots of damage to take and had to really minmax my healing. (I have only like 5k healing, so need perfect pot and healing well usage)

Wizards : use the black hole's glyph that absorb projectiles too... you can nullify all of his abilites. All of them.

Edit : except the "clouds" (the white things)

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Oneshot him, without knowing what to do, I remember Diablo the first time didn't go that smooth.

Though I must say it's a nice fight, it could have been made a tiny bit crazier though.

I do like the boss animations, they looked amazing.

(The thing they should change is how strong teleport is, I could dodge pretty much all abilities).
    (Maybe they should make bosses abilities always hit you for something, so it adds more tension to your play).
    Last edited by mmoc19ee780deb; 2014-03-26 at 10:45 AM.

2shoted on T1 was abit disapointed with the fight,just had to switch to a more defensive build and killed him under 3m got the achiv.

Equiped my 60% arcane gear and took half his HP during a archon duration.

Deleted
    So played the campaing on crusader solo at master difficulty.. had to 'grind' 2 lvl's to hit 70 for Malthael. With that gear Malthael was a bit of a pain (low dps + melee) with the moving clouds at worst taking 80% of ground area, while trying to avoid the red swipe got the wrist plans and 1h sword "doombringer". At one try he turned invisible for a while and only once he summoned 2 adds. Might be a bit bugged or something... I gather.
    Last edited by mmoc198caea9b6; 2014-03-26 at 03:00 PM.

Did it on master with a 120k dps wizard (just dinged 60 on RoS release). It was a good challenge, mainly because it took like 15 minutes and there was a lot of stuff to dodge at the end that does a lot damage. I'm guessing paragon level makes a diff too.. I was at 30.

Deleted
    Managed to kill him on T1 on my wizard solo. Couldn't do it with my normal spec (Arcane Torrent), so I switched to a melee build. Had around 200K sheet damage, used blades and arcane meteor, 4 images and +10% damage slow time. I think I was around 6 million toughness with some 260K health maybe. Took a while, but managed to grind him down.

Did T3 to level 66, then it got too tough and dropped to T2 and soon after to T1. Decided I'd finish it on torment though, so I'm happy the melee spec worked out. Actually got stuck on the ram quest, had to switch to melee style there, then went back to normal, and again melee style on Malthael.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fight was fine as a Demon Hunter at first - standard procedure of dropping all three turrets and constantly running around taking the occasional potshot while they do all the work, focusing on avoiding absolutely everything (and there's a lot of bad shit to avoid). When he does his early big middle channel, it's the perfect time to stand there, pop Vengeance and blast the absolute bejesus out of him (stealthing when he runs to you so he turns around to swing at your follower so you can squeeze in a couple more seconds of pewpewpew). I'm not sure if those projectiles are supposed to hurt when you're standing at max range. The swirly skulls for sure, I believe they're basically a one-shot.

But then phase 2... bah. Not the fire patches and that massive cone (again, lol invincible stealth, can stand in it and not give a fuck). That's fine. It was that bloody soft enrage which caught me by surprise. I didn't realise he'd spawn his death clouds faster and faster, and eventually almost the entire screen was covered in white shit. Made it by the skin of my teeth in an all-or-nothing standing burn with back to back stealths.

Seriously, a soft enrage mechanic on a fight where I have to be constantly moving to not die as well as kiting? Bah. Bah I say. I clearly need better gear.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I was kinda dissapointed.
    From the datamined audio files I was expecting him to recharge and using Baal/Mephisto abilities. Adding two more phases. Sadly he only used Diablo powers =(