Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Is a nice fight, but then i sort of randomly broke it with my DH.
    Sentries + passives boosting it, along with a legendary armor that gives me 3 wolves instead of 1. I was just running around and randomly shooting when i could while my 3 wolves and 3 turrets in the middle were killing him.
    200% damage 1 min duration turrets that also fire 140% damage rockets, along with wolves dealing 150% damage each and having a 30% damage inrease activate.
    Was quite hilarious just running around like that, not sure how well it'd work on higher torments, i main a crusader anyways 0.o
    It's basically an exception due to te fight mechanics that favor your build - maybe it is actually functional up to torment 6, but it's just because it's malthael and you can run around indefintely; also i don't know if the damage from turrets + wolves (granted you have a legendary/skill setup to boost them) would be enough to kill him before "enrage".
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Didn't even know he has an enrage. Also forgot to mention i have a crossbow that may or may not summon more turrets everytime i shoot. Is quite hilarious having 5 turrets up at the same time. The amount of rockets that fly around are many.
    ...said legendary might just summon a trap instead, oh well, is luck based :P

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's basically an exception due to te fight mechanics that favor your build - maybe it is actually functional up to torment 6, but it's just because it's malthael and you can run around indefintely; also i don't know if the damage from turrets + wolves (granted you have a legendary/skill setup to boost them) would be enough to kill him before "enrage".

enrage? the first t6 hardcore kill took the dude 3 hours
    http://www.diablofans.com/forums/dia...-malthael-down

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    enrage? the first t6 hardcore kill took the dude 3 hours
    http://www.diablofans.com/forums/dia...-malthael-down
    There's a soft enrage mechanic - the longer you extend p3 the more defile-clouds spawn, and they spawn faster that they disappear - so eventually whole (or almost whole) arena is covered in those..
    I suppose that the guy that managed to kill it, just was able to stand in shit.. On his screens you can see him having over 50mil thoughness, that's the only way I can see that happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    There's a soft enrage mechanic - the longer you extend p3 the more defile-clouds spawn
    Last time I killed Malthael it took quite a while, and while I definitely noticed the amount of clouds rising, it felt as if though there was a cap to them; at some point I realized I could find a clear area quite easily.

Is there a source for this information about a soft enrage mechanic?

I don't have a blue/official source, but from my experience and that video it seems that the mechanic is just that - the more p3 lasts, the more clouds will spawn. It's not a proper enrage, but still a thing to count since they do quite a lot of damage and require movement if you're not able to stand in them and survive.

I don't have a blue/official source, but from my experience and that video it seems that the mechanic is just that - the more p3 lasts, the more clouds will spawn. It's not a proper enrage, but still a thing to count since they do quite a lot of damage and require movement if you're not able to stand in them and survive.
    Yeah, but they despawn as well, so there is always room for you to stand. It's not something that will kill you after x min because everything is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Yeah, but they despawn as well, so there is always room for you to stand. It's not something that will kill you after x min because everything is full.
    But they limit your movement and I had situations where I had to hide behind Mal to avoid 1-shot beams of death but there was no room left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Yes, but the spawn speed raises while despawn time is fixed - so slowly all the area will be full of clouds. As i said, not a proper enrage if you can stand inside the clouds without worries (basically the strategy the HC guy used on T6).

Yes, but the spawn speed raises while despawn time is fixed - so slowly all the area will be full of clouds. As i said, not a proper enrage if you can stand inside the clouds without worries (basically the strategy the HC guy used on T6).
    i just did it for about 35m and the room never got 100% full, always had despawns before it would. this was only on t2 though, so not sure if it increases at t6. i dont think it does, but cant say for certain
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2014-04-02 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    i just did it for about 35m and the room never got 100% full, always had despawns before it would. this was only on t2 though, so not sure if it increases at t6. i dont think it does, but cant say for certain
    Some barb took 3 hours to beat the fight at torment 6 Hardcore, but then again he did have 50 million toughness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Yeah the fight is good.

Had a lot of trouble doing it on T1/Master so I had to drop down to Expert so that I could kill him before I ran out of room with only 250k DPS :P
    That's odd, I did him on T2 with about the same DPS. What class were you? (I was a Crusader)

EDIT: the fight took me about 20-30 minutes to do with that DPS, but I only sometimes had to stand in the clouds to avoid his ray of death.
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2014-04-02 at 08:48 AM.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Asshat View Post
    That's odd, I did him on T2 with about the same DPS. What class were you? (I was a Crusader)

EDIT: the fight took me about 20-30 minutes to do with that DPS, but I only sometimes had to stand in the clouds to avoid his ray of death.
    Class was WD and the biggest issue for me was the problem with Toughness and almost no Healing :P

I couldnt stand on the clouds at all and his charges almost one-shot me. The room was filled with clouds by the time I was even relatively close to killing him and I just ran out of room (I know there is room but you have to run through clouds a bit at that point) as running through the clouds pretty much meant death if Spirit Walk was on CD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Class was WD and the biggest issue for me was the problem with Toughness and almost no Healing :P

I couldnt stand on the clouds at all and his charges almost one-shot me. The room was filled with clouds by the time I was even relatively close to killing him and I just ran out of room (I know there is room but you have to run through clouds a bit at that point) as running through the clouds pretty much meant death if Spirit Walk was on CD
    A very big part of surviving the fight for me was using Templar as my follower. Also I had a bit over 5 million Toughness, so I guess that helped.