Thread: Act V

Deleted

Act V

How long is it? Longer then Act II?

Deleted
    Short enough to be faster than the time it took you to post this question.

Contribute constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-03-25 at 01:38 PM.

Depends on how much you explore. Some of the maps are insane with tons of events/side quests, if you ignore them it's pretty short but I'd advise against it. I personally was 65 before I even had 2 of the main quests completed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    worth 30 euros? ;-/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Short enough to be faster than the time it took you to post this question.
    Thank you for your usefull opinion, sir.

@Skye Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Thank you for your usefull opinion, sir.

@Skye Thanks
    It has a hidden meaning: Play it and find out. It doesn't take long to play through and it depends entirely on your own playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by bazyk View Post
    worth 30 euros? ;-/
    If you're buying the expac just for the new act you're playing the wrong game.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    The act is not why you'd buy this game. You'd buy it for the crusader, for adventure/bounty/rifts, for fun farming, much the same way as you'd buy the original (but with loot 2.0 it actually works this time...)

How long you take in the act is up to you. I'm at 5 hours and haven't completed it, but I'm doing it a torment 2-3 with level 60 gear (decent enough, but it'll be easier on an alt with account bound legendaries, gems and crafting available) and exploring everything.

But if all you want to do is experience Act V once then I would wait for a sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    8 (with an hour break) hours on Torment 1 leveling with my cousin and we just beat the 2nd main boss. We're also doing a lot of side quests/events.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by bazyk View Post
    worth 30 euros? ;-/
    just to play Act V? probably not (although each person has different value for money spent).

Deleted
    Went through the full act including uncovering all the land and doing the sidedungeons tonight. took about 4 hours total but this was on hard mode so i suppose higher difficulty settings will make it longer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Went through the full act including uncovering all the land and doing the sidedungeons tonight. took about 4 hours total but this was on hard mode so i suppose higher difficulty settings will make it longer.
    Yeah "hard" is basically old-school "normal", where you plow through 1-shotting everything.

On Torment 1 I played last night for about 3 hours exploring everywhere and grabbing all the lore and I haven't even gotten to the first boss yet. The very first major zone alone (Westmarch Commons) took me about an hour in itself because there was like a dozen mini-dungeons and events in that one map, even with no deaths.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed it for the most part. I was disappointed with Pandemonium (expected too much). And I expected a better ending cinematic. But Maltheal was an amazing fight... But I didn't think it was long enough to warrant the price if we're just talking about Act 5. I got it for the farming and rifts though

Got 60-70 in ~4 hours release to ding, completed the act in just over 4.5 hrs. All on T1 except Malth, who was kicking my tired ass so got turned down a notch. This was exploring most of the side rooms, when I wasn't getting annoyed with the various new mob types.

I have spended like 10 hours on act5 today, and still not done, but think Im close. Mind you I was doing ALL I could do on the way.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Depends on how much you explore. Some of the maps are insane with tons of events/side quests, if you ignore them it's pretty short but I'd advise against it. I personally was 65 before I even had 2 of the main quests completed.
    Indeed. Especially Westmarch is absolutely huge(especially if you include the sewers, which are also massive). I loved the atmosphere of Act V a lot as well(except for the Bloodmarshes, they seemed out of place between the dark, night-time, evil angel filled areas in the rest of the act). I also enjoyed the story of Act V more than the vanilla story.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU