View Poll Results: Which position do you favor?

Voters
389. This poll is closed
  • Hobby Lobby should not be forced to pay for health care that they oppose on religious grounds.

78 20.05%
  • The law should apply equally to everyone.

303 77.89%
  • Other, more nuanced opinion (post and I will add options).

8 2.06%
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Did anyone refute my statement that the issue questioned here would apply just as well to any employer with over 50 full time employees, regardless of whether the employer is a human or a corporation? I think I did that a few pages back, didn't see a response.
    Don't recall and unsure. My guess - and not a lawyer so take it as a guess - is that yes if you're paying for an employee's health insurance whether a person or corporation that you'd have to go with insurance in compliance with the federal mandate.

Might be some exclusion in the law somewhere. Can't be sure with all the exclusions and delays (honestly).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    If I applied that to political parties would you hold it against me? Like say the US Democratic Party?
    As long as you don't mind if I apply it to ever other political party ever.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Yeah no. That's like saying a village or a government or w/e form individuals choose to organize themselves as isn't a group of individuals. ?
    A corporation isn't just another group of people. That's the whole point. You create a new entity that bears the risk that investors and owners would otherwise bear. That's how you're shielded. The owners and operators of the corporation aren't the corporation and as such restrictions on the corporation aren't restrictions on them.

I can't sue the Greens for Hobby Lobby's actions because they're Hobby Lobby's actions. Same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Because a doctrine that promotes "don't ask questions, follow instructions and obey" makes it easy to be abused.
    I don't think you actually know anything at all about religion and just hate it to hate it. You realize that just because someone has a belief does not mean they are blindly devoted followers, right?
    Last edited by Gumboy; 2014-03-28 at 05:42 AM.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I can see that this thread is nothing but people bashing religion without knowing a single thing about real religious people, I'm out. Enjoy your circle jerk of bashing though!
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    The whole thing is absurd, some people might not be religious, why should they have to listen to the companies that they work's religion?

For Hobby Lobby it might just for birth control but this could set a horrible precedent. A company does not believe in blood transfusion or vaccines? I am sorry you have chosen the the wrong people to work for! ZWIl people seriously have to not take jobs because that company is for a certain religion( or say that they are for the one for lower $). If you want your company to be religious fine, but you can not enforce that on your employees.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Don't recall and unsure. My guess - and not a lawyer so take it as a guess - is that yes if you're paying for an employee's health insurance whether a person or corporation that you'd have to go with insurance in compliance with the federal mandate.

Might be some exclusion in the law somewhere. Can't be sure with all the exclusions and delays (honestly).
    It just says "Employers" as far as I know. http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/Ques...dable-Care-Act

That's not the text of the statute, obviously, but you'd think the distinction would be made there if there was one.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since religious discussion is forbidden here and the past few pages are pretty much just that, it's a sign that this thread has reached its end.

Closing.