Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This is definite proof of the Illuminate.

(really now?..)
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    This is on the same level of fear mongering as saying that there are real Cylons and they won't stop until the human race is extinct.

I didn't even think of fear mongering until it was mentioned. I took it as an easily understood example of "totally not worried about Russia".
    Then again, some people really let their overly-fertile imagination and warped logic get the better of them.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-03-26 at 12:12 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So does Pakistan.

Russia's not important to anyone except its close neighbours.
    Russia has ICBMs.

Inter-continental ballistic missiles. They can hit the U.S.

Russia also has submarines with nukes.

Now imagine if Obama really did isolate Russia and punish them for protecting ethic Russians in Ukraine from Neo-Nazis in Ukraine.

It would only take one nuclear missile to plunge the world into complete and total chaos. All Russia would have to do is wipe out one city. They wouldn't survive the counterstrike but you can't undo being nuked. Russia could just wait until the U.S. is much more vulnerable. Some people forgive, but they never forget.

Pakistan is nothing compared to Russia. Russia actually understands nuke tech. You vastly underestimate Russia.

But hey, I guess Obama needs to seem like a tough guy by belittling his enemies.

This whole situation was handled wrong. It's only going to make Russia hate the U.S. even more, and that's a fatal mistake because you don't know what the world is going to look like in 20 or 30 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil View Post
    Good? He should worry more about HIS country than cykaland but even so he should not ignore the red evil commie threat.
    Obama would have to look into a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Russia also has submarines with nukes.
    None that are operational at this time. Their latest missile project is a money sucker and has been rife with failure. They retired all their Typhoons and their latest class of missile, even if it were to somehow by an act of God start working (because that's about what it will take) it's still decades out of date.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    None that are operational at this time. Their latest missile project is a money sucker and has been rife with failure. They retired all their Typhoons and their latest class of missile, even if it were to somehow by an act of God start working (because that's about what it will take) it's still decades out of date.
    So you don't see a country with ICBMs as a threat?

At all?

You don't know what the world will be like in 20 years.

Like I said, you can't undo being nuked. The U.S. is in decline and making Russia hate the U.S. even more isn't a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    So you don't see a country with ICBMs as a threat?
    In Russia's case? No. We have MAD with them, but they don't have MAD with us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazemoore View Post
    Keep quiet Obama! You're giving Putin ideas!
    Stop Putin ideas in his head!
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is Russia not of any concern?

Getting bitch slapped by Putin twice in your second term isn't alarming?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    How is Russia not of any concern?

Getting bitch slapped by Putin twice in your second term isn't alarming?
    In all fairness Putin is amazing at what he does. The US could have elected anybody and they would have gotten slapped by Putin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    In all fairness Putin is amazing at what he does. The US could have elected anybody and they would have gotten slapped by Putin.
    Oh, if Putin keeps his shit up, he will be remembered as the long awaited Russian answer to Reagan and Thatcher.

But just because he's good at what he does doesn't make him non problematic.

They need to do a Reagan Vs Putin political death battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Oh, if Putin keeps his shit up, he will be remembered as the long awaited Russian answer to Reagan and Thatcher.

But just because he's good at what he does doesn't make him non problematic.
    Our economy might actually get the last laugh if / when our exports overtake Russia's for the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting point. But international financial economics has a tendency to change shifts a lot. I'll keep an eye out on this development for sure.

Deleted
    In case you can't read between the lines, GET OUT OF MANHATTAN IMMEDIATELY.

If the G7 is going to outmanoeuvre Putin economically then we need somebody who can shotgun a 6-pack, play the Piano, has balls of brass, doesn't listen to anybody and is an economist by trade.

We need to find out who this mysterious "Econo-man" is. And we need to find out if he's on our side.

We need to find out who this mysterious "Econo-man" is. And we need to find out if he's on our side.
    He's the hero G7 deserves...and the one it needs right now.

If the G7 is going to outmanoeuvre Putin economically then we need somebody who can shotgun a 6-pack, play the Piano, has balls of brass, doesn't listen to anybody and is an economist by trade.

Looks eerily similar...

"lets just start fuckin hammerin' shit!"
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

It's funny how Canada seems to miss every G7 meeting that Econo-man shows up for.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Order View Post
    I think he's trying to say Russia is not a threat or a concern to him by posing himself as being more concerned about a highly unlikely circumstance. He did word it very poorly though.
    Not poorly, he's being very straightforward. Somewhere in the US Government they keep a list of threats, and Russia being a threat to the US is not as high on the list as a potential loose nuke. I can appreciate his reality and candor about the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Norjak View Post
    Not poorly, he's being very straightforward. Somewhere in the US Government they keep a list of threats, and Russia being a threat to the US is not as high on the list as a potential loose nuke. I can appreciate his reality and candor about the situation.
    At the same time isn't a complete nuclear weapon lower on the list than something like a dirty bomb? or even a conventional terror attack?