Cool Why are people stacking crit for frost dw? It's real world fail...

Look, I know what the Sims say, and I know what noxxic and EJ say. They are wrong. I have extensively tried crit, haste and mastery builds in the current raid environments, and mastery>haste>all is the best I have found. It just takes a different priority and rotation. Basically, start with outbreak, and first melee with a OB. Then, OB again if no crit proc, but use crit procs primarily for FS. Basically, with razorfrost at full stacks, FS severely overpowers OB crits, and in some instances, so can even HB at high ilvls. Now, we still have the same clunk problem to the rune system, but this build is also our best aoe build, and using FS to build stacks of razor on the branching target makes HB hit all targets that much harder. Crit is still fail, because of killing machine as always. I crit about 70% of the time with as little crit as I can get, warriors eat your heart out. Haste translates into auto crits on single target thanks to our auto attacks and also adds rune regen, helping partially negate the clunk. Mastery is king for DW, all thanks to razorfrost and killing machine. This spec also allows for constant movement, which I have heard some say is an issue? I don't know about them but the only time it's an issue for me is when I actually have to pull away from a boss due to situation, but this is a melee issue, not a DK one. So many people want to let some random guy on the internet or some sight rarely updated in a timely manner tell them what to do without a second thought, or even let a simulation which can't come close to mimicking reality try to predict stat weights, it just doesn't work people. They aren't changing anything about this until 6.0, so I'll post back shortly after that drops and retouch the new weights and function. See you on WoL...

Deleted
    As far as im aware stacking crit>mastery>haste is the thing for that part of the DKs who use two hand weapons. I am not sure who told you DW frost have issue with moving, but to me it sounds like you didnt understood. The thing is that 2h frost will rather save his runes for their powerfull Obliterates, than for howling blasts. The problem with frost movment is that we are not great at runing a long distances. The Dks dont have anything that can allow the class to "sprint" from one place to another and no Death Advance is not helping at all.

About the stats stacking - dual wield was, is and always will be all about mastery, unless they change threat of thaussarian and might of frozen wastes mechanics.
    Only then i can see the stats prio for the diffrent subspecs of frost to be changed
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2014-03-26 at 07:50 AM.

Deleted
    I dont know anyone that does that, also nice wall of text.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure you're not talking about 2H? I haven't seen anyone gunning for crit as DW nor have I seen any guides suggesting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Headtaker View Post
    Look, I know what the Sims say, and I know what noxxic and EJ say. They are wrong. I have extensively tried crit, haste and mastery builds in the current raid environments, and mastery>haste>all is the best I have found. It just takes a different priority and rotation. Basically, start with outbreak, and first melee with a OB. Then, OB again if no crit proc, but use crit procs primarily for FS. Basically, with razorfrost at full stacks, FS severely overpowers OB crits, and in some instances, so can even HB at high ilvls. Now, we still have the same clunk problem to the rune system, but this build is also our best aoe build, and using FS to build stacks of razor on the branching target makes HB hit all targets that much harder. Crit is still fail, because of killing machine as always. I crit about 70% of the time with as little crit as I can get, warriors eat your heart out. Haste translates into auto crits on single target thanks to our auto attacks and also adds rune regen, helping partially negate the clunk. Mastery is king for DW, all thanks to razorfrost and killing machine. This spec also allows for constant movement, which I have heard some say is an issue? I don't know about them but the only time it's an issue for me is when I actually have to pull away from a boss due to situation, but this is a melee issue, not a DK one. So many people want to let some random guy on the internet or some sight rarely updated in a timely manner tell them what to do without a second thought, or even let a simulation which can't come close to mimicking reality try to predict stat weights, it just doesn't work people. They aren't changing anything about this until 6.0, so I'll post back shortly after that drops and retouch the new weights and function. See you on WoL...
    Couldn't possibly be that you are using the simulations incorrectly. No way. Since they totally don't depend on the instructions you give them.
    Last edited by Skarssen; 2014-03-26 at 01:34 PM.

Gonna go ahead and lock this one.