View Poll Results: Which suggestion do you prefer?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suggestion 1

    1 12.50%
  • Suggestion 2

    4 50.00%
  • Suggestion 3

    2 25.00%
  • Suggestion 4

    1 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Ok, couple things that hit me, first, You don't seem to have much of an understanding of specs viability, One that popped out at me, Fire mage, just because "another spec can fill that role" in no way at all, means the others are not viable, fire is very viable.
    I never mentioned Fire in my post nor did I say Fire wasn't viable, nor did I say that just because Frost was viable Fire can't be. All I might have hinted at was that due to the fact that Frost fills the same role as Fire for Mages, both specs do not need to be viable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I also think you have some learning to play issues, Cyclone is still very easy to use, We spent most of the time not being able to free cast it any way, It's hardly going ot be a problem now it's gone again, Feral itself is amazing in PvP, I do a lot of W-PvP with a Feral friend of mine, (I normally play Guardian, or resto, or my fire mage(the horror) Yet he gets off a lot of cyclones, and still takes on 2/3 people easily, me and him fought 11 horde, Him feral, me Guardian, for like 17minutes, before we died, and we killed those Horde many times over, they just kept ressing, Lol, and they had a healer.
    We did spend most of the time being able to instant cast it you mean, right? We gained Cyclone in TBC and in WotLK it was made instant, thus making it instant throughout almost two and a half expansions and only casted in one and a half expansion.

    Regarding your wPvP adventures you're either exaggerating or your opponents are very bad. A Feral should not be getting a single Cyclone of ever against 11 opponents, if you believe anything else you're delusional I'm afraid. Let alone surviving for 17 minutes just shows what PvE gear and tanks has done to wPvP, even though I imagine your opponents were very, very bad.

    If you ever enter highlevel rated PvP I think you'll find getting hardcasted Cyclones of of is quite hard and is not going to happen very often.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    My point is Cyclone is fine, calling it unusable because of a cast time is just stupid, You might aswell say that every spell with a cast time is unusable, Just fake cast it first, most people will throw their interrupt, then you get an easy cast, one example, anyway.
    Getting Cyclones of against three competent players who do not fall for fake interrupts (skilled players don't) is quite hard, almost impossible sometimes, especially considering there are three of them who can prevent you, at least. Also, if you fail getting it off you lose a large amount of pressure due to not actually being on a target while trying to clone. Once again, if you actually enter rated 3v3 arena or even RBGs at a high level I think you'll notice that Cyclone is hard to get off, and rarely pays of very well.

    Sorry to say, but you sound like you've never entered any competitive PvP in WoW at all. Either that or we're playing two separate games.

    Cyclone in its current form, with it's current environment is not fine.

  2. #22
    The point of this is simple, mid season changes.
    That would just get removed again in 6.0 anyway.

    I'm just saying that you shouldn't get your hopes up for anything to happen before 6.0.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    That would just get removed again in 6.0 anyway.

    I'm just saying that you shouldn't get your hopes up for anything to happen before 6.0.
    I'm fully aware that it would get removed again in WoD (I mentioned that I was perfectly okay with it in the original post).

    What's for sure however is that nothing will happen this season if we don't try to make something happen, sure the chances are not great that something will happen, but what the hell I / we might aswell try.

  4. #24
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,913
    Quote Originally Posted by ManneN View Post
    I never mentioned Fire in my post nor did I say Fire wasn't viable, nor did I say that just because Frost was viable Fire can't be. All I might have hinted at was that due to the fact that Frost fills the same role as Fire for Mages, both specs do not need to be viable.



    We did spend most of the time being able to instant cast it you mean, right? We gained Cyclone in TBC and in WotLK it was made instant, thus making it instant throughout almost two and a half expansions and only casted in one and a half expansion.

    Regarding your wPvP adventures you're either exaggerating or your opponents are very bad. A Feral should not be getting a single Cyclone of ever against 11 opponents, if you believe anything else you're delusional I'm afraid. Let alone surviving for 17 minutes just shows what PvE gear and tanks has done to wPvP, even though I imagine your opponents were very, very bad.

    If you ever enter highlevel rated PvP I think you'll find getting hardcasted Cyclones of of is quite hard and is not going to happen very often.



    Getting Cyclones of against three competent players who do not fall for fake interrupts (skilled players don't) is quite hard, almost impossible sometimes, especially considering there are three of them who can prevent you, at least. Also, if you fail getting it off you lose a large amount of pressure due to not actually being on a target while trying to clone. Once again, if you actually enter rated 3v3 arena or even RBGs at a high level I think you'll notice that Cyclone is hard to get off, and rarely pays of very well.

    Sorry to say, but you sound like you've never entered any competitive PvP in WoW at all. Either that or we're playing two separate games.

    Cyclone in its current form, with it's current environment is not fine.
    First, Your exact words "With only 18 viable PvP specs (I want to apologize in advance if I calculated incorrectly, but I did not count Fire, Arcane, Demo, Combat etc since there are still other specs for those classes that fulfill the same role)"

    So, Yes you did mention fire, and yes you did say it wasn't viable. So it looks like you need to read what you write.

    And in regards to everything else, Yes, we do play two very different kinds of PvP, I do play competitive, but not rated, on my server we have a lot of very insane PvPers, but W-PvP is what we do, I'm not saying people who play Arena/rated are not good, far from it, But myself, and most people I know, prefer World PvP, as it's not as reliant on team composition, I never liked how organised arena was, I don't see the point myself, so yes, Things can be very different on both sides there, But just because some people know when to cast, and when not too, doesn't mean they are only against "bad players" I don't believe cyclone is an issue, as much as you think it is, plus come WoD there will be no instant CC anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I also think you have some learning to play issues, Cyclone is still very easy to use, We spent most of the time not being able to free cast it any way, It's hardly going ot be a problem now it's gone again, Feral itself is amazing in PvP

    Feral isn't bad in PvP, but it's definitely not "amazing" compared to other specs. As far as melee goes it's only better than Ret right now. If you don't understand why perhaps we'll have to explain it to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I do a lot of W-PvP with a Feral friend of mine, (I normally play Guardian, or resto, or my fire mage(the horror) Yet he gets off a lot of cyclones, and still takes on 2/3 people easily, me and him fought 11 horde, Him feral, me Guardian, for like 17minutes, before we died, and we killed those Horde many times over, they just kept ressing, Lol, and they had a healer.
    1. World Pvp is entirely different from instanced PvP because classes aren't balanced keeping it in mind.
    2. Sounds like you found the worst pack of Horde - i.e. your anecdotal evidence is not an indication of the strengths and weaknesses for a spec.
    3. Again - world pvp. People can slap on heroic gear and be near raid bosses. We don't know how undereageared the enemy was. They were obviously quite bad because any 2 dps will be able to take out you and your friend.

    Tell you what. You (as feral) and your friend (as Guardian) queue for a 2v2 game and see how far you get. Grab someone else and queue for a 3v3 game and see how far you get.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    My point is Cyclone is fine, calling it unusable because of a cast time is just stupid, You might aswell say that every spell with a cast time is unusable, Just fake cast it first, most people will throw their interrupt, then you get an easy cast, one example, anyway.
    Cyclone isn't 'fine' and calling usable because of a cast time is just stupid. See, anyone can play that game. You don't seem to understand the basic problem behind the concept of a melee spec sitting and attempting to fake cast a clone. Look up 'opportunity cost'.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I was watching a recently uploaded broadcast on twitch from a Tyrannical Glad currently playing resto at 2.2k ish. They're playing RMD - arguably one of the top comps right now and came across Yipz (if you don't know him you're probably not in a place to comment on feral pvp) playing Feral/Spriest/Pally (I guess FPS is not a thing anymore). They beath Yipz both times but it was amazing how long Yipz's team survived due to sheer perseverance and skilled play. Even a player like Yipz barely gets a few cyclones off in the span of a 10 min game.

    Everyone that's not completely biased or in denial knows this:

    Quote Originally Posted by ManneN View Post
    Sorry to say, but you sound like you've never entered any competitive PvP in WoW at all. Either that or we're playing two separate games.

    Cyclone in its current form, with it's current environment is not fine.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ManneN View Post
    What's for sure however is that nothing will happen this season if we don't try to make something happen, sure the chances are not great that something will happen, but what the hell I / we might aswell try.
    and nothing will, that retard Holinka mentioned already they are not going to touch anything in middle seasons.
    also you thread title "...&Boring Gameplay..." - really, ferals are most fun to play over all classes... but I kinda see problem is in you, you don't like it yourself, and it doesn't mean others who play it also, how about you change to something else ?! 90lvl boost is here go go
    and I don't understand your pool, your post is wall of text with DOBULE 1-4 statements, what are suggestions are I don't see them in post, your pool is useless
    Last edited by Zstr; 2014-03-27 at 10:46 AM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    and nothing will, that retard Holinka mentioned already they are not going to touch anything in middle seasons.
    I personally think Holinka made a huge mistake saying that (if he ever did that is) and as such I made this thread hoping for a change, I know the chances are slim, but they're obviously larger if we (Ferals) voice our opinions, the louder the better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    also you thread title "...&Boring Gameplay..." - really, ferals are most fun to play over all classes...
    That's your opinion, mine is different. If you ask other Feral Druids on their opinion of Feral PvP this season I think they'll all go "I miss Cyclone, gameplay sucks and it's boring right now". If you read my post on arenajunkies, here and on eu-forums you'll see other Ferals agreeing. I believe a broad majority of competitive Feral PvPers agree with me on this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    but I kinda see problem is in you, you don't like it yourself, and it doesn't mean others who play it also, how about you change to something else ?!
    So whenever something doesn't play the way I want it to, instead of voicing my opinion and hoping for a change I should just swap to something else without a second thought, okay. Oh if everyone in this world thought like that.

    Really though this argument has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    I don't understand your pool, your post is wall of text with DOBULE 1-4 statements, what are suggestions are I don't see them in post, your pool is useless
    poll*

    If you actually read the post you'd understand what the options are and if you still don't, well then the issue's with you and considering you can't even type properly I think that's where the issue lies.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    First, Your exact words "With only 18 viable PvP specs (I want to apologize in advance if I calculated incorrectly, but I did not count Fire, Arcane, Demo, Combat etc since there are still other specs for those classes that fulfill the same role)"

    So, Yes you did mention fire, and yes you did say it wasn't viable. So it looks like you need to read what you write.
    Sure I mentioned Fire, but it wasn't Fire in specific I ment (I ment pure-classes offspecs for PvP), my bad.

    But you completely misread what I ment by that entire paragraph though. What I ment was that there is no NEED for for Fire to be viable since Mages have Frost fullfulling the same role which Blizzard instead focus on balancing. Fire might be viable, great, but there is no need for it to be viable. That's why it's not generally counted/considered as a PvP spec, Frost is counted as the Mage PvP spec instead. Thus Mages only have one PvP spec, if the others work it's great, but it's not a priority considering Frost already fills the role.

    The difference between Feral and Fire is that Fire has its role fullfilled by Frost already (Ranged DPS) whereas Ferals role (Melee DPS) is not filled by any other druid spec (sure Guardian is Melee, but it's a tank spec and I think we all know the difference).

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Ok, couple things that hit me, first, You don't seem to have much of an understanding of specs viability, One that popped out at me, Fire mage, just because "another spec can fill that role" in no way at all, means the others are not viable, fire is very viable.
    Fire randomly pops up in some seasons and becomes viable, great, but most of the time it remains unviable.

    You're wrong however, Fire is not viable this season. (no, just because they can kill people on isle they aren't viable)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    And in regards to everything else, Yes, we do play two very different kinds of PvP, I do play competitive, but not rated, on my server we have a lot of very insane PvPers, but W-PvP is what we do, I'm not saying people who play Arena/rated are not good, far from it, But myself, and most people I know, prefer World PvP, as it's not as reliant on team composition, I never liked how organised arena was, I don't see the point myself, so yes, Things can be very different on both sides there, But just because some people know when to cast, and when not too, doesn't mean they are only against "bad players"
    It's not competitive if it's not rated and considering you don't seem to know much about the climate of arenas (or RBGs for that matter) and considering this thread describes an issue only found in competitive PvP you should maybe think about not posting further.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I don't believe cyclone is an issue, as much as you think it is, plus come WoD there will be no instant CC anyway
    Considering you don't play competitive I understand why you don't see Cyclone as an issue, but for us that do WoD is an entire (long) season away, atleast 5, or more, monthsand until then we want to play just like everyone. We don't want to be damage bots when everyone else has so much (instant) CC.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ManneN View Post
    I personally think Holinka made a huge mistake saying that (if he ever did that is) and as such I made this thread hoping for a change, I know the chances are slim, but they're obviously larger if we (Ferals) voice our opinions, the louder the better.

    That's your opinion, mine is different. If you ask other Feral Druids on their opinion of Feral PvP this season I think they'll all go "I miss Cyclone, gameplay sucks and it's boring right now". If you read my post on arenajunkies, here and on eu-forums you'll see other Ferals agreeing. I believe a broad majority of competitive Feral PvPers agree with me on this point.
    Holinka is mistake himself, all MoP pvp shit is his fault
    I'm miss cyclone also, but I see it overpowerness against otheres too and I heard and saw a rediculious whine from other 97.433486% of pvp community who is not playing ferals, yet it won't comback as instant anyway...
    ofcourse it's a pleasure to have something better then other in your hands, but game moves with balancing things, one season you top composition, now you don't ,

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ManneN View Post
    I'm fully aware that it would get removed again in WoD (I mentioned that I was perfectly okay with it in the original post).

    What's for sure however is that nothing will happen this season if we don't try to make something happen, sure the chances are not great that something will happen, but what the hell I / we might aswell try.
    Okey, you are basically just asking for a HUGE Feral buff so you can faceroll glad this season.

    Why come up with ideas that does not have a future? If you are going to make serious suggestions on the official forum, put some thought into it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •