Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Ever been "right" but wrongfully kicked anyway?

So I was just in an RBG on my arms warrior. The RBG takes an hour or so to form. Everyone gets on Skype. We get Twin Peaks and start. This was not a YOLO RBG.

The EFC grabs the flag and goes to their flag room. We form up and launch our attack, while the EFC sneaks and goes to water (horde side). My team DOES NOT NOTICE THIS AT ALL and proceeds to stay in the flag room uselessly killing people, while the EFC laughs as he stays underwater with two healers on him, AND NOBODY DOES ANYTHING. I quickly notice BEFORE he jumps into the water and call it out; the team decides to not even be vocal about it and stays in the flag room. They cap the first flag.

The modus operandi for the horde team stays the same. The EFC DOES IT AGAIN, and my team does not notice AGAIN. I call it out. Nobody bothers. I go alone against the EFC, take him down to half health before a healer arrives and I die. They cap the second flag and the RBG ends as the time has ran out. Two people leave, obviously knowing this team's leadership is dumb.

I, entirely pissed, proceed to call them out on their noobness (I may not have been "tactful" about it, but I didn't insult either).

"Do you people even CHECK your maps?" "The EFC has done that TWICE and you all stood in the flag room."

Their response? "get a mic". Goddamnit, at this point I'm infuriated because I WAS SPEAKING AND EVEN TYPED IT OUT IN CHAT. Seems they didn't bother to listen to me.

Few seconds later, the raid leader whispers me: "yo bro we are gonna get a guildie and replace you if thats okay", "No, it isn't okay, because you're replacing me because I called you all out on it.", "if this was yolo it'd be ok, but you need a mic for non yolo rbg"

"You have been removed from the group."

Yeah. I was kicked because I called them out. (needless to say, half the RBG were part of the same guild). Guess I needed to vent.

What's your story?
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Err.... sound like you were on mute or something??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Err.... sound like you were on mute or something??
    Even if I was on mute, I TYPED IT OUT. It amazes me how much people tunnel and don't take in their surroundings; their surroundings being the chat in this case.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of times. It's much better to just stay quiet and go along for the ride, I've noticed.

A decent RBG with voice chat checks everyone's mics before the first queue. Usually it's a roll call of sorts, you respond to your name, then they queue.
    Sounds like you dodged losing even more rating with these guys, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I've had a similar experience in an RBG - I was one of the healers and we were getting zero peels or assistance of any kind. DPS were constantly running away from us and leaving us to die at the hands of multiple enemy DPS.

Frustrating, but I just made my mind up to see the match out and then leave the group.

Until someone started getting vocal about the lack of heals and blaming the loss on the fact the healers were "doing nothing". At this point, I lost it at him back on voice chat. Like you, I wasn't exactly tactful.

The guy's opinion was that healers should just stand there and keep everyone up and "You don't need us to do anything, you just need to heal".

No. Wrong. In a competitive match the team works together - DPS peels for healers, healers keep themselves and everyone else up, and everyone uses effective CC wherever they can. Not this rubbish about running off and leaving healers to cope with 3-4 DPS on their own, then complain about dying up in midfield due to "lack of heals".

I didn't get kicked, but the guy who'd complained wouldn't own up to complaining, and I hadn't caught who was speaking at the time. Half the group left after we lost, and I waited a bit to see if we'd recover, then left as well.

People don't seem to understand that RBGs are a team effort. If you don't want to play as a team and use whatever abilities your class has to support/help, then go queue for a random and stay out of rated matches. :/
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always the healer's fault, no matter the situation. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well can you really be "wrongfully" kicked?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really say I have, as I don't flip my lid in WoW very often.

Most of the times I'm being vocal is in LFR when I'm describing what to do. One or two people may get uppity and tell me to "shut up," but the entire rest of the raid usually agrees with me and tells them to shut up and allow me to continue describing the strategy.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It's happened a few times over the years but none notable enough to remember. Pretty sure it's all been in leveling LFD too.

Kinda almost happened last night in LFR. We kept wiping on Juggernaut because of bad heals and people not knowing where to stand during the pushback, and this was after a perfectly smooth Galakras fight with rather good DPS performance for LFR (half the raid over 80k... yippee). We did have issues with half the raid getting a massive lag spike after pushback on one wipe though. The second or third wipe, myself and the other tank had had enough, and some rogue starts yelling to kick the tanks. We gladly saved them the trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in a Zul'gurub group once, maybe my first time there. I struggled to follow the tactics that someone in the group tried to explain to no avail, everyone was clueless.
    After one hour we had just killed 2 bosses, and we wiped on the tigon boss because I made a mistake I can't remember.
    "Sorry guys, my fault."
    "STFU noob hunter"

I was like, the hell? And the others were also insulting me. They wouldn't reply when I asked why they were being so aggressive, and I tried to kick the guy who told me to STFU. For some reason, the system wouldn't allow it, maybe because we kicked a healer before.
    "Did you guys try to kick me?", I asked.
    "Yes, a thousand times, noob"
    "FFS get off"
    "damn hunter"

...No idea what I did. I was tempted to just alt-f4 and leave them to 4-men it, but in the end I realized it'd be enough punishment to let them actually continue through the dungeon. So I left.

Ah, and this other time in heroic Grim Batol. There was this hunter that had almost not even a LFR piece on, and we were going smoothly. Except said hunter wouldn't stop complaining about my gameplay, for some reason. "Hunter you should use traps, you should taunt mobs off healer, you should, you should..."... I took a look and saw I was doing almost twice his damage.
    "When I'll need help, I'll ask you :P" I said, both jesting and annoyed.
    Suddenly, the healer leaves, and the three other guys just sit there.
    "What's happening?"
    Then I notice they are all of the same guild, crappy hunter included.
    "Arrite guys, I'm sorry I said that, I just wanted to point out we were doing fine anyway".
    "Q_Q bruv" replied the hunter.
    "What does that mean?"
    "Q_Q bruv"
    "Alright... shall we keep going?"
    "Q_Q bruv"
    Now I was fed up and tired, and I got out to do some questing for achievements. I quested for two hours, and for the whole time, those three stayed in the party, doing their own stuff!
    "Seriously, what do you have for a brain?"
    "Q_Q bruv"
    "Grow up, asshats."
    And I left, baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoka Inumuta View Post
    Well can you really be "wrongfully" kicked?
    Yes.

When I played, I was kicked from a group exactly once - because I told them to stop being abusive to the poor healer who was in over his head.

I was doing Patchwerk a long time ago on my resto shaman. I was kicked from the group because I was chain healing the tanks. Apparently trying to heal all three tanks at once isn't how you win. The stupidest part was the fact that we weren't wiping, the leader just didn't like me using chain heal. Fucking retarded.

In Cata when the ZA dungeon was hard. I was in there with raiding gear on as the healer. Lucky break for a random group, you'd think. One of the guys was in full greens and he was buddies with the other guy(s) and they were trying to carry him. I barely recall but I think there was only one decent dps of the 3, an "ok" and the baddie. Whenever the decent dps got picked up by the bird on the first boss, he'd die because the others couldn't kill it. The baddie was standing outside the lightning storm.. etc etc etc. If I recall correctly I was out-dpsing him with my Wrath. We died to enrage. We died, died, died. We had chatted a bit as a group and I was trying to help them out but it was just not working.. I wisped the guy "look, I'm just really not sure we can do it with your buddy in that gear. We don't have the dps." Kicked.

*facepalm* As if a new (likely less geared) healer will fix that problem!

- - - Updated - - -

What baffles the bejesus out of me is when I'm leveling an alt and we're just cruising along as a group and I suddenly get a loading screen with no comments exchanged O.o why
    Last edited by xinjun; 2014-03-27 at 03:46 PM.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

I got kicked once because i refused to res somebody after we wiped and they wouldn't run back. Didn't realize everyone in the group was in the same guild =s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I got kicked once because i refused to res somebody after we wiped and they wouldn't run back. Didn't realize everyone in the group was in the same guild =s
    you should of ressed the person then, thats the whole point of classes having the ability, to res people.

I did Dragon Soul LFR back in Cata. I was the raidleader and i was going through the tactics before the pull. I was kicked before we began :P

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Even if I was on mute, I TYPED IT OUT. It amazes me how much people tunnel and don't take in their surroundings; their surroundings being the chat in this case.
    Let's be honest here, besides some lost time, isn't it actually better you were out of that group?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got kicked from LFR for pointing out AFKers and slackers

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    I don't read chat, if I am in a formed group if you don't have a Mic IMO you are dead weight.

@ the OP - From what you said, it sounds like they couldn't hear you or heard only static or something when you spoke. And yeah lots of people don't read text. It's kinda lame actually.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun