The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Act V End Cinematic (slight spoilers)

Is anyone else disappointed the end cinematic wasn't another glorious eye candy video? =/

I liked it for what it was, but was kind of hoping after the book closed it would cut into something epic. >_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it was a huge letdown but I'm trying not to focus on it and instead focus on rifts and such. But yeah that story book drawing... ugh

I thought it was epic. I saw it for the monk. I don't know how similar each classes ending is. But to me it was awesome.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    really disappointing, Big D get's a FMV video, yet Malthazar didn't

Deleted
    spoilers:

I'm thinking that D4 or whatever will have a feature where we can choose to be evil. Since they already had us fight angels - though arguably corrupt - and Imperius and Co. aren't exactly fond of us - we might actually be able to choose the demon side next time around. Could be pretty badass.

I'm also damn near certain that Necromancer will be the next class. I've met 3 separate necromancers, 2 in RoS, and it doesn't feel coincidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I thought it was epic. I saw it for the monk. I don't know how similar each classes ending is. But to me it was awesome.
    Yeah, the moment when the insanely bearded face of my monk emerged from the light was quite cool indeed. But yeah, could use a small cinematic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AsifIcarebear3 View Post
    spoilers:

I'm thinking that D4 or whatever will have a feature where we can choose to be evil. Since they already had us fight angels - though arguably corrupt - and Imperius and Co. aren't exactly fond of us - we might actually be able to choose the demon side next time around. Could be pretty badass.

I'm also damn near certain that Necromancer will be the next class. I've met 3 separate necromancers, 2 in RoS, and it doesn't feel coincidental.
    That would actually be awesome if it was a faction based Heaven/Hell thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I posted this in another thread, but here's my musings on the ending cinematic.

Immediately after his death, you talk to Tyreal who tells you Diablo must have been released after Malthael's defeat, since he absorbed the Black Soulstone. But didn't Tyreal say he didn't know what would happen should the Black Soulstone be destroyed, since it's a man made soulstone instead of the ones he's used to? Following this, the final cinematic doesn't even MENTION the potential for Diablo having been released.

And immediately after that, the ending cinematic has Tyreal basically following the line of thinking that drove Malthael to do everything he had done in the first place. Is this a hint that, should there be a final Diablo III expansion (Which I find to be highly likely), we may be viewed as the enemies rather than the heroes?

That said, I found the entire expansion story as a whole to be quite enjoyable. Especially the follower stories and the reveal that Covetous Shen is a little less insane than I initially thought.
    They knew that Diablo was released because Malthael absorbed Diablo into himself. Since Malthael died it also means that Diablo's soul was able to escape by either resurrection by spawning in Hell (Angels and Demons reincarnate in their respective domain) or by some other means. The whole deal with Tyrael not knowing about what would happen when destroying the stone was because of it being created by Zolton Kulle and not Angels. There was no way of knowing what would have happened when the Black Soulstone was a unique creation and not like the previous Soulstones. Malthael absorbing all the souls along with Diablo's on the other hand basically made that a non-issue since it's clearly been shown before that the Black Soulstone is able to do that (i.e. Diablo possessing Leah). The shard that Tyrael had throughout the Act also implied that it was in fact possible to break off pieces of the stone without it causing major malfunctions of deadly consequences.

Also, the cinematic did address this if you paid attention. You can clearly see all the souls Malthael absorbed flow out of his decaying corpse when falling down. If all the Human souls managed to escape his body, then so would Diablo as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping Zoltun Kuule shows up and convinces us to kill all the angels and daemons.

That guy had the right idea all along.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

That said, I found the entire expansion story as a whole to be quite enjoyable. Especially the follower stories and the reveal that Covetous Shen is a little less insane than I initially thought.
    Definitely enjoyed the follower stories...though was surprised that Lyndon's apparently ends on rather major cliffhanger for the character. Kormac and Eirena both get good resolution, and there's a couple random comments while adventuring that suggest that Kormacs chance at romance isn't entirely dead (my Crusader suggested he talk to the Mystic, who should have some good advice for him), but a note from his brother's wife in the blade that killed his brother and the reveal that she killed him...and it ends there? Yikes. Pretty major thread to leave hanging for Lyndon.

Also, Covetous Shen one was really well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    I'm hoping Zoltun Kuule shows up and convinces us to kill all the angels and daemons.

That guy had the right idea all along.
    Well, if you pick up all the Malthael lore books in Pandemonium fortress there is a pretty interesting lore bit that is in fact a bit ironic. Malthael's only problem with humanity was their mortality, nothing else. He thought that humans' ability to choose between good and evil was too big of a power for mortals to possess, which is why he, as an immortal being, was willing to absorb Diablo into himself to have the same freedom as humanity.

Bear in mind that Angels and Demons are slaves to their own nature, which is something Malthael even points out in one of his lore books. His solution to the Eternal Conflict was to unite himself with the powers of Hell so that true balance was to be restored like before the creation of Heaven and Hell.

I posted this in another thread, but here's my musings on the ending cinematic.

Immediately after his death, you talk to Tyreal who tells you Diablo must have been released after Malthael's defeat, since he absorbed the Black Soulstone. But didn't Tyreal say he didn't know what would happen should the Black Soulstone be destroyed, since it's a man made soulstone instead of the ones he's used to? Following this, the final cinematic doesn't even MENTION the potential for Diablo having been released.

And immediately after that, the ending cinematic has Tyreal basically following the line of thinking that drove Malthael to do everything he had done in the first place. Is this a hint that, should there be a final Diablo III expansion (Which I find to be highly likely), we may be viewed as the enemies rather than the heroes?

I believe it is more along the lines of this:

The Angels couldn't defeat Diablo at his best. The Angels also couldn't take on Mathael due to the way they work. However, the hero can. Since he is mortal, he can go from good to evil at any given moment. And when s/he does, they pretty much got nothing to stop him.

Also on how Diablo's soul got out, I'm pretty sure with that big hole in Mathael's chest, his soul can come out of it, seeing as a huge crowd of souls are pouring out.

I can't wait for more D3. Hopefully, we don't wait another 9+ years on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Big D get's a FMV video, yet Malthazar didn't
    Hey John Travolta, I didn't know you played Diablo.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AsifIcarebear3 View Post
    I would love that to be the case, though if they wanted to introduce a Necromancer class, this expansion would've been the perfect time to do it since it's all about death.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Samesies. It makes me wonder if I actually will be fighting temptation on my monk in the next expansion...makes me feel like there's a possibility I'll go dark side and have to redeem myself. It had me interested, that's for sure.
    BAD WOLF

having the option to go dark would be cool, but i wouldn't want it to be a thing you have to do. dark in diablo is too dark for me. i'd have to skip that xpac.

tyrael says it several times that both angels and demons fear the nephalim. his thoughts are justified by the fact that he's probably lived with that fear for thousands of years, and listening to the paranoia of the angiris council and imperius.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    tyrael says it several times that both angels and demons fear the nephalim. his thoughts are justified by the fact that he's probably lived with that fear for thousands of years, and listening to the paranoia of the angiris council and imperius.
    Bring on the Nephalem World Order. *crunches fingers*. Too bad my characters are holy warriors, so they would have no interest in that stuff. Still...would be interesting to RP a dark crusader. Having a choice that only impacted the story and not random play would be pretty cool just for the experience in an ARPG.
    BAD WOLF