Which receiver would you buy?

Hey lads,

So a few months ago you guys helped me pick a nice tv for my mother. Much obliged btw! Now I'd like to set-up a home cinema center so she can watch the 10 commandments and what not, in full 5.1/7.1 glory.

I only have a few requirements;
    - Airplay
    - compatible with Jamo s426 hcs 3 speakers
    - 7.1 support
    - 4k US and passthrough

I've found these 2:
    http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/compa...518/categorie/

Denon AVR-x2000 and Sony STR-DN840

The Sony is cheaper and seems to have more functions. My budget isn't exactly limited, but if I can spend less for a equally good, or better receiver it's good.

Do you lads have any experience with either of these? Or is there another receiver you would advise me to buy?

Thanks again!

Just from glancing at the specs, the Sony does seem to be the (much) better option of the two. There might be a better receiver available out there(at a similar price-point), but I would have no idea where to start
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Just from glancing at the specs, the Sony does seem to be the (much) better option of the two. There might be a better receiver available out there(at a similar price-point), but I would have no idea where to start
    The Denon has much better sound, according to reviews. Apparently it's fuller, brighter, more punch at high volumes, etc... No WiFi, or video AirPlay seems negligible if the sound is better.

Quite frankly, I did suspect this already. It's Denon vs Sony after all...

I'll update with more info for those interested!