Poll: What rank?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Not everyone reads up on every guide out there to min-max their decks. The majority of currently popular decks were made by people creating their own decks. The meta shifts when new decks emerge, because someone did something different. It's that simple.
    You're comparing people brickwalling at rank 15 to the top players in the game. There is a difference you know.

Deleted
    I'm at rank 13 and don't seem to progress much now. I win some, I lose some but most of the time the matches are fun. More interested in arena nowadays though, despite the stupid amount of rng in deck building it's a nice change of pace from facing the same decks over and over again.
    As for building your own versus copying: I like to win so until I get better at the game I'm just going to copy cheap f2p decks. As long as their playstyle is comparable to my own I don't mind one bit. Better to copy something good than come up with something crappy yourself.

Deleted
    I literally just copied a random Hunter deck, and adjusted it, changed stuff around depending on how games went. I'm still at Rank 15, so I'm not good, I just removed and replaced stuff depending on my experiences.

I find the main problem being building a deck that does consistently well against all classes. Cards like oozes can win you a game, but I find that I never draw it when I need it, and always draw it when I don't, so I don't use it currently.

Stuff like that is what I do, I'm not gimping myself to make myself feel special, I'm just trying to be a better player on my own.

I've tried nothing but basic decks twice, so still 25.
    First time I was close to winning, ended up drawing all useless spells for like 6-7 turns as they drew like Raid Leader, and other minions.
    The 2nd one dropped a legendary on me and I was like "Why". Granted it was only The Black Knight, but still, I had a buffed up taunt minion that was saving me

I voted 16, but had another win since. Man, I feel like rank 15-17 is the sweet spot for me. Feels like players who actually understand the game, but don't care enough to go too deep into "meta" or spend a lot of money on cards.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Let the fun begin.

Rofl yup, at time of posting half the poll claims to be Legendary Rank and a couple 1-5 ranked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I still don't understand why people believe getting past the 10 rank is that hard.
    I dont understand why it's considered hard to just say the rank you are? Is it shameful to be rank 12 like me? In fact it is amazing that I am rank 12 just by doing my daily quests. I haven't played a single game outside of my daily quests during this season. Add the fact that I only have 3 decks that I actually enjoy playing - Druid, Paladin and Shaman decks. I can't play Rogue at all, and my Warrior and Warlock decks also suck. And I am still doing my quests for those classes in ranked mode

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    I dont understand why it's considered hard to just say the rank you are? Is it shameful to be rank 12 like me? In fact it is amazing that I am rank 12 just by doing my daily quests. I haven't played a single game outside of my daily quests during this season. Add the fact that I only have 3 decks that I actually enjoy playing - Druid, Paladin and Shaman decks. I can't play Rogue at all, and my Warrior and Warlock decks also suck. And I am still doing my quests for those classes in ranked mode
    This is my point; people have this absurd notion that it's impossible to climb the ranks at all or that only the best players using the most broken decks can get a high ranking. There's nothing wrong with being rank 12 at all; The fact that you've done it while just farming gold is great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just what I thought, a bell shaped curve.

I am rank 14, I really have not tried to get that much to get up, I pretty much play any decks I need to get my quest done.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Maxed out at 9 last season playing primarily shaman control. This season I've been toying around with pure fun decks a lot more and played a lot more casual. 17 rank right now. Figure I could climb higher pretty fast if I sat down for a few hours with the shaman deck again(still my best). However I have more fun with my miracle rogue, pinging minion rogue, and enrage warrior decks right now.
    Is this where the header goes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rank 12 last time I logged in (which has been about 2 weeks now). I play once or twice a week as time allows. I don't take it too seriously and tend to bounce between rank 10ish and 15ish.

3 stars into Rank 7 is where I've peaked with my mid-range Pally deck

The game is based on 80% RNG/luck and 20% skill. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to be good at this game. It's just funny reading how everyone EXPECTS you to always have this counter for legendaries or any other OP card. If you don't have it your screwed...if you do have it by chance your a GENIUS! Just the way it is. You can plan for all these different outcomes but if that correct counter just doesn't come...then you lose. Not a matter of skill or anything. Its just plain dumb luck and RNG. I love reading on and on about people offering advice saying do this and you should have done that but what the fuck do you do if it just doesn't draw? No shit I should have hexed that Ragnaros? You think? You really think I should have hexed that Ragnaros? Well perhaps if I would have seen my 2 hexs that I have in my deck I would have..

Though I just had this KILLER counter that was just plain funny. Sorry for sarcasm. But totally played a knife juggler after he played a 2/1 and then I did snake trap. Knife juggler totally sniped his 2/1 before it killed it. Funny stuff. Pro counter! I'm such a genius! Damn I'm good!
    Last edited by HisDudeness; 2014-03-30 at 03:15 AM.

I don't play ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    The game is based on 80% RNG/luck and 20% skill. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to be good at this game. It's just funny reading how everyone EXPECTS you to always have this counter for legendaries or any other OP card. If you don't have it your screwed...if you do have it by chance your a GENIUS! Just the way it is. You can plan for all these different outcomes but if that correct counter just doesn't come...then you lose. Not a matter of skill or anything. Its just plain dumb luck and RNG. I love reading on and on about people offering advice saying do this and you should have done that but what the fuck do you do if it just doesn't draw? No shit I should have hexed that Ragnaros? You think? You really think I should have hexed that Ragnaros? Well perhaps if I would have seen my 2 hexs that I have in my deck I would have..

Though I just had this KILLER counter that was just plain funny. Sorry for sarcasm. But totally played a knife juggler after he played a 2/1 and then I did snake trap. Knife juggler totally sniped his 2/1 before it killed it. Funny stuff. Pro counter! I'm such a genius! Damn I'm good!
    No it's not. If that was the case any slap together deck could hit Legend.

Today, I reached legend rank and I will never ever do that again.
    The last 3 ranks where the most boring chore of a grind I have ever done.
    There existed 3 different decks I played over and over and over again: Handlock, Zoolock, Hunter.

Sometimes there was a legend rank player that played a different deck but most of the time it was those 3 decks.

Deleted
    Rank 10 with the mage deck that trump used to get to Legendary (and a druid deck i made myself which is fine in ranked so far), I might be able to get to legendary too but I, unlike trump, lack the dedication to grind to that rank, also I probably lack his skills.

So most of the people posting are either already legendary or rank 10-15 but just "cannot be bothered to put in the time to get legendary" Must be the most skilled HS players just in this thread imo then..

OT: 3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faladrath View Post
    So most of the people posting are either already legendary or rank 10-15 but just "cannot be bothered to put in the time to get legendary" Must be the most skilled HS players just in this thread imo then..

Truth be told if you can get to rank 10 you probably can get to Legendary, provided you grind enough. Any winrate above 50% will suffice, provided you have enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by AveRage View Post
    Truth be told if you can get to rank 10 you probably can get to Legendary, provided you grind enough. Any winrate above 50% will suffice, provided you have enough time.
    yeah, thats the problem, the time AND dedication to grind those ranks. People praise trump for reaching legendary with f2p deck, well hes good, no questions asked, but If I played the 30+ hours as him with my deck, I would likely be at or near legendary too. Its fun those quick ranks in two or three hours with some rush deck, get to the sub10, but then 90% of games are with people who actually know how to play and have either good or netdecked decks and in alot of cases its decided by the card draw. Its either grind for endless hours or swap to the netdecked rush of your choice... and still grind for plenty of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Faladrath View Post

As the others said above, if you can get to rank 10~ casually you can get to Legend or at least near it by playing hardcore. The system is designed so that your rank gets higher the more you play, because there's no penalty for loss streaks but there is a reward for win streaks. All you need to do is stay above 50% as AveRage said (although not even this, as long as you get enough wins in a row it'll carry you further than you would be even at below 50% win rate), and you will get to legend. Once you get below rank 15 you start seeing the same decks more and more anyway, which in a way actually makes it easier to maintain a W/L ratio where at middling high ranks you can easily see more extreme win/loss streaks from the more varied decks you face. Naturally player 'skill' does gradually increase as you go up but.. I've never played a card game with more RNG than Hearthstone. Keep playing and you will get there.

with 3, you could realistically push for legend before the reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."