Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wizard probably. Frozen orb is insane

I like my monk but when I was leveling everything up to 60 before ros Wizard was just insanely good

Deleted
    Wizard is the current fotm faceroll ezmode class that wrecks everything, so if you wanna shit on stuff playing solo, go with Wizard. If you wanna play what you think is fun, anything works. (Wizard is hella fun tho)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wizards are indeed awesome. But monks are the best "tanks" for any group, their constant pulling of mobs is awesome. And WDs have some great utility/buffs for the group as well (mainly BL for elites and bosses).

Wizards. No other class comes even close.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Coming from a wizard....wizards easily they just destroy shit and have a lot of viable builds on top of it. Was grouped with a well geared crusader earlier that was owning stuff almost as hard as my wiz so Id say they're in a decent spot although its a bit early to say. DH, Wd and monk seem to be in a decent spot although a step below wizards. Barbs Ive honestly seen almost 0 since the expansion. They seem to need some love as far as popularity is concerned anyway

I leveled a barb as my main and then when the 50% exp bonus came about, I wanted to get another character to 60 before ROS hit. So I started a wizard. It was amazing how much better he was than the barb, and that was even before getting the frost orb at level 55. Once you hit 55, wiz just destroys everything. And is a ton of fun. Haven't touched my barb since.

Most Crusaders complaining about their damage against bosses are just not using the right build. Can't just use 1 build for everything anymore, mess around with abilities and you can absolutely destroy bosses fairly quickly. It's also not all about holding your wrath generator and spamming the dump, the class has TONS of short burst cd's that you should take advantage of.

Deleted
    I am new to Diablo, got the game about a week before the expansion and I just fell for Wizard. There has been a few times with some elite packs on torment 1 where I have died because they wall me then free me and splat. I rage a bit then die again, then rage a bit, then look at the talents and come up with something completely different to what I was using and rape them. They just seem to have so many different options for setups, every other day I find a yourtube of something using a different setup for different things be it farming or group play or boss fights.

For me they have a very intuative set of skills and talents.

On a side note, idk if I have been really unlucky, but I have barely increase my over all dps (300-450k) in about 5 days of grinding adventure mode on torment, completing my 2nd act v playthrough on torment 1, and then spamming advanture mode on normal to get the heroderic things and my dps seems stuck. I have had about 7 legendary weapons and about 4 legendary amulets, so maybe I am just suffering from some horrible rng.

If anyone wants to look at my armory and point out any glaringly obvious mistakes feel free to PM me. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...TS!diWg!a.cabc this is just a tanky AoE normal grinding setup atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Crusaders need a bit more tuning in terms of abilities but anyways my main is a barb and so far he's level 62 and he's doing pretty good.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Barbarian, without any doubt.

All classes are really good the actual differences in dmg between them is barely noticeable at the moment. Each class has its strength and weaknesses. In my experience and opinion, dh, monk, wiz are the "top" 3 as far as being efficient in gameplay. (Although i have literally seen 0 WD since release and have not played with crusader. Streamers and other people say they are less efficient).

Efficieny in my terms - the time it takes you to kill a mob/pack and the amount of time it takes to get to the next pack.

Wizard....

Frozen Orb is the main culprit of OP.

This is my build(and same is for MANY other Wizards I know): http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...OS!cXWY!ZccZZZ

3 buffs to keep up, Magic Weapon for DPS and Energy Armor+Familiar for survivability(Familiar freezes enemies) and DPS. Full glass cannon passives(I guess, Arcane power regen is always good). Archon to rape elite packs, Electrocute to regen AP and do decent AoE. And then Frozen Orb for the massive damage it does and synchronization with Cold Blooded passive.

I've been havin' a lot of fun on my crusader, doin' torment 2 and it doesn't take me too long to destroy enemies. I play a Wizard too.

Crusader Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...fi!aYiS!aZYYba

Wizard Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...gk!WXcY!YcZZbZ

As far as wizard builds go, I hate hate hate that Magic Weapon is so good, because I detest passive buffs like armors and familiar. It's a garbage waste of a slot that makes for a more boring build with less utility to me. I use it only because it cripples you don't.
    Last edited by Teevo; 2014-03-28 at 02:37 AM.

Wizard > Barb/Crusader > Monk/WD/DH

I'm having a blast playing my WW Lightning barb - 1M dps :-P

Frozen orb is weak tbh. I don't know why every wiz take it... there are so much better options.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Frozen orb is weak tbh. I don't know why every wiz take it... there are so much better options.
    Because with the right +cold gear, and passives/other abilities, it's incredibly easy to play with massive cc/roots and damage.

My 50k damage HC Wiz finished Act V on Master because everything was constantly rooted in place.

I admit Wizard is the most OP atm. Pure frost wizard just roots and smashes everything in seconds. Oh, wait, frost mages being OP? Why am I not surprised.

Barbarians, however, are just too fun. With 40% extra lightning damage + lightning rune WW and over 300k DPS is just too damn good.

I'm loving my frosticles wizard. I just got into the 60s so it may be piss poor later on but right now it's AMAZING.

All these Frost Wizards think they know what damage is Drop that cold damage crap and go with arcane, few items boosting it and your mob melting capacity will make Frozen Orb looks like a wet noodle. And that's without even mentioning the far superior sustained damage capability of an arcane torrent wizard running AP on crit, you literally can't OOM if you have a couple items with it and decent crit chance.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..