The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The gold model in-game

I don't mean how gold works, I mean when gold drops, it no longer is showing up as gold bars and so on. Did they take that out or has it been scaled so it has to be a 10k gold pile to be bar, etc? I've had piles of like 7 coins be considered 3000 gold. I'm sorry but that is just... blah. WHERE ARE MY GOLD BARS AND JEWELRY?!

Anyone know? Anyone else care, or is it just me? =|
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I don't mean how gold works, I mean when gold drops, it no longer is showing up as gold bars and so on. Did they take that out or has it been scaled so it has to be a 10k gold pile to be bar, etc? I've had piles of like 7 coins be considered 3000 gold. I'm sorry but that is just... blah. WHERE ARE MY GOLD BARS AND JEWELRY?!

Anyone know? Anyone else care, or is it just me? =|
    I don't ever remember it being more than just coins. But I also don't care. I see coins on the ground I run over them. Don't pay much attention to how big the pile is or what numbers briefly flash across my screen.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I don't ever remember it being more than just coins. But I also don't care. I see coins on the ground I run over them. Don't pay much attention to how big the pile is or what numbers briefly flash across my screen.
    What can I say? I'm one for aesthetics. :P Not sure how long you've been playing but this was something you'd most often see in Inferno, since that's where you'd most often find 2000 gold+ piles.
    "A flower.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to refer you to the other thread, but now I see it's just titled very similarly. Might want to change it to be more clear? I also don't remember it ever being anything other than piles of coins. I thought it used to display the amount over the piles, as something looked different to me when I came back for 2.0. Maybe I'm just noticing, but not realizing that it used to look different? I personally have this issue as the last of my priorities in the game. I understand you feel different, and to each their own, but I'd rather them create more gear, more content, etc than creating little piles of treasure that I'm going to run over regardless.
    BAD WOLF

What can I say? I'm one for aesthetics. :P Not sure how long you've been playing but this was something you'd most often see in Inferno, since that's where you'd most often find 2000 gold+ piles.
    I played since a month or two after release. I don't remember this but admittedly I don't play full screen and never paid attention to it so you may be right.

Signature Created by Jassinta

It definitely looks different and I was wondering the same. Glad I'm not the only one! I wonder what happened?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything. Not a huge priority for me, but didn't really see any threads about it. I did notice the numbers not over the gold though, that is kind of annoying as well...

WHERE ARE OUR AESTHETICS BLIZZARD?!! Jeez, they didn't even put tons of money into a fancy end cinematic this time, they can afford the fancy gold piles and numbers! XD
    "A flower.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did notice the numbers not over the gold though, that is kind of annoying as well...
    So I'm not crazy...there did used to be numbers. I thought I used to selectively pick up gold, but now I run over everything. I wouldn't mind numbers so I know when to not waste my time. I guess they wanted the gold to be RNG just like loot and you have to pick up every scrap in order to get any big piles. BIG MONEY NO WHAMMIES.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Numbers! I knew I wasn't crazy when I thought there used to be numbers, I was hitting all the keys trying to figure out how get the numbers over them again. Its really annoying wasting your time running over to pick up 15 gold.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed that it showed the gold bars in the crusader preview video, but I haven't seen any in game since beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never even noticed. I tend to watch when I pick it up though and it still comes up showing how much you picked up. Hmm that is weird I wonder if it is a glitch that it's not showing numbers

I remember those. They removed things like gold amounts on screen to reduce clutter and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.