[MW] Gearing for Proving Grounds

Hey guys,

I've recently decided to try PG's as a Mistweaver to achieve my 30 waves. On the way I'd love a shot for server 1st healer.
    Thing is I've never done them as a MW monk and would be interested to know if there is any source around for BiS gear list.

From stalking top west players on wowprogress I've seen Mistweavers are going for maxing their spirit but I am unsure as to why. Before I start grinding any gear, I'd appreciate it a lot if someone could explain the reasoning behind this sort of gearing and also if anyone could shed the light on the BiS list or at least the most appropriate trinkets for PG's.

Much appreciated!

Because the legendary meta gem is deactivated in proving grounds. If you go with your current gear, once scaled you end up with like 2k spirit and go oom in no time. With the major crit reduction, you won't get as many tea too.

Plus mastery is useless, the npcs won't ever pick up orbs.

The RNG nature of the class makes is pretty hard compared to any other healers in Proving Grounds. I personally gave up and raged while trying to get gold because it was requiring that I go regem everything to get it, while I had zero issues on priest or druid.

So it looks like you need to gem for spirit, use the spirit meta gem and use 2 mana regen trinkets.

I didn't try for long to be honest though, now that I actually did a challenge mode set, maybe I should go try again.

Deleted
    I managed to get to endless 29 and can confirm what WinterQT is saying: NPC's dont pick up the mastery orbs ever (at one stage there were tons of orbs just sat right next to the tank and the NPC just left them lol) and a reliance of using the legendary meta for mana back etc isnt applicable as its deactivated. I managed to keep hold of many of my old gear from ToT which had a good few gem slots and Spirit/Crit on them and went for that. I hardly used renewing mists and usedsoothing/enveloping on tank and studied a few vids. But in terms of gear, picking up good sets of Spirit/Crit, plenty of gems slots with Spirit gems or the hybrid gems with spirit and another secondary stat is prudent. Found my mana at stage 29 to be abuot 30%, just lost concentration late at night and wiped with about 15 seconds left before i got the proven healer.... gutted lol

Gl

go full crit then spirit then haste, don't worry about breakpoints. You should be ending every 10th wave with 20 or close to 20 stacks, mana isn't really an issue, throughput is.

Deleted
    spirit > crit > rest doesn't matter (no haste breakpoints)

Only use ReM when all the NPC are taking damages, do not try to keep ReM on the group at all time.
    Abuse Healing Sphere -> best and cheapest heal you have in PG.
    Find the wave in which you have problem and use Xuen. I THINK I used it for waves 2, 6, 9.
    Do not let the tank in low hp otherwise it will use its CD at the wrong time.
    Make sure you kick/stun as many things as possible, I created macros for the interrupt and ring of peace.
    Avoid using surging mist.
    Spam soothing mist.
    Managing your mana tea is important, do not waste them.

Be prepared to hate the stupid mage who stays in melee range with the debuff to be dispelled.

Have fun.
    Last edited by mmocceca20d1fe; 2014-04-01 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hiveNzin0 View Post
    spirit > crit > rest doesn't matter (no haste breakpoints)

Only use ReM when all the NPC are taking damages, do not try to keep ReM on the group at all time.
    Abuse Healing Sphere -> best and cheapest heal you have in PG.
    Find the wave in which you have problem and use Xuen. I THINK I used it for waves 2, 6, 9.
    Do not let the tank in low hp otherwise it will use its CD at the wrong time.
    Make sure you kick/stun as many things as possible, I created macros for the interrupt and ring of peace.
    Avoid using surging mist.
    Spam soothing mist.
    Managing your mana tea is important, do not waste them.

Be prepared to hate the stupid mage who stays in melee range with the debuff to be dispelled.

Have fun.
    Thanks for the info... gonna get a couple of more spare piece for spirit socketing then going to try it in a more serious way!!!

I used crit > spirit > haste(887, I think). Should really have the haste just by chance, but if you don't that's a good one to have for Enveloping Mists. I primarily Fistweaved with this setup. Spirit > crit may be better if you don't FW, I'm not sure.

I've tried using nearly no Soothing Mist and replacing it with Healing Spheres plus EnvMist from using Chi Brew. That worked fine, but so does using SooMist. If you are full mana might as well start a wave with Renewing Mist, but otherwise it's only decent on one, maybe two waves.

I found RoP to be more useful than leg sweep. Chi Wave pretty much on CD. I liked using Tiger's Lust on the tank right before each wave. I used Dampen Harm, but Diffuse Magic might be a better choice. Chi Brew is a must. Xuen 2, 6, 9 worked for me. Glyhs: Targeted Expulsion, Enduring Healing Spheres and Detox were all nice to have. Replacing Detox with Zen Med would be fine. Using HS for yourself that you generated in the last waves can be awesome, and the NPCs will accidentally run over them also.

Thanks a bunch guys, you've been very helpful!