Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Season 13 hunters and warriors maybe? :P but i do have to agree other then that little hiccup it has been that bad, the cc needs toning down really bad any 2 classes in 3's could keep you cc'd for a legit minute every class needs to lose some cc other then that pvp is in a really good place right now. Lots of viable specs when they used to be considered trash in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    Most painful season was orange dagger and vail rogues. And orange staff aoe shadow bolt trinket casters. It hurt
    Legendaries just suck for pvp balance. Melee classes w/Shadowmourne, etc.

Deleted
    Is WoW's PvP a joke, most likely one if not the worst in any MMO ever made and the laughing stock of the entire industry? If not, it's pretty damn close it.

Blizzard has given up when it comes to trying to prevent botting, guys using external applications to interrupt casting (they don't even try to hide it any more since Blizzard apparently doesn't care), cc is out of hand and the list goes on.

It's just plain fucking shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Is WoW's PvP a joke, most likely one if not the worst in any MMO ever made and the laughing stock of the entire industry? If not, it's pretty damn close it.

Blizzard has given up when it comes to trying to prevent botting, guys using external applications to interrupt casting (they don't even try to hide it any more since Blizzard apparently doesn't care), cc is out of hand and the list goes on.

It's just plain fucking shit.
    It is. WoW has possibly the worst PvP of all MMOs. On the other hand, it has the best/most polished PvE of all MMOs which is why it has the most subs. And yeah, interrupt bots are getting out of hand. While leveling chars in BGs there is always 1-2 people with interrupt bots. On my shaman I'm leveling, I had a bg where a feral instantly pounced/interrupted me the moment I started casting something when he was attacking someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    Quite the opposite. Every single class in the game has at least one viable spec for arena (some even have 2/3). That indicates greater balance than ever before. That being said, the amount of CC in the game right now is incredibly frustrating and could use some pruning.
    It only takes 5 seconds if not less of logical thinking to understand why that might seem to be true. The only reason why more specs are viable isn't because they balanced the game, it's because they added enough abilities and classes to the game that it has become homogenized. It also didn't help that they changed the talents so that you can still be a certain spec, but obtain a mandatory ability that was once only available via a different spec. Blizzard knows they made this mistake, which is why they're removing a lot of abilities when WoD hits so that there's more diversity among the classes.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    It only takes 5 seconds if not less of logical thinking to understand why that might seem to be true. The only reason why more specs are viable isn't because they balanced the game, it's because they added enough abilities and classes to the game that it has become homogenized. It also didn't help that they changed the talents so that you can still be a certain spec, but obtain a mandatory ability that was once only available via a different spec. Blizzard knows they made this mistake, which is why they're removing a lot of abilities when WoD hits so that there's more diversity among the classes.
    It's not logical that, in order to appear to not be "homogenizing", they placed every class' CC on a different DR like fucking retards. Because there's nothing worse than damage that a developer doesn't know how to scale than dying to that damage while being 100% unable to control your character.

The current state of PvP is just affirmation of a long-standing issue: Blizzard hasn't a clue how to balance the game for PvP. PvE they're obviously doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Could be that or wait for it some classes/specs finally got what they needed to be competitive. Did they try to reach for the stars and fall down burning.. fuck yeah but still something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    It's not logical that, in order to appear to not be "homogenizing", they placed every class' CC on a different DR like fucking retards. Because there's nothing worse than damage that a developer doesn't know how to scale than dying to that damage while being 100% unable to control your character.

The current state of PvP is just affirmation of a long-standing issue: Blizzard hasn't a clue how to balance the game for PvP. PvE they're obviously doing well.
    A lot of classes share the same dr that is why comps like mage/hunter/x don't work... If you can't play 100% of the game. It's an issue on your part honestly stop exaggerating its stupid but nowhere near that bad.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-03-29 at 09:00 AM.

Most balanced it has been? Maybe but I find it to be the least fun of all the xpacs. I rarely PVP anymore when before this Xpac it was the main thing I do. Now I just kill heroic dragons.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    It's not.

This expasion had the most balanced seasons in the games history.
    Prove me wrong
    coming from a hunter, wow

Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    A lot of classes share the same dr that is why comps like mage/hunter/x don't work... If you can't play 100% of the game. It's an issue on your part honestly stop exaggerating its stupid but nowhere near that bad.

I think you misread my post. I didn't say that you are CC'ed 100% of the time. I said that you are 100% unable to control your character. By that I mean that there are so many ways to force someone to burn a trinket and then sit in a full CC. I'm not referring to the trinketing Sap or some stupid shit either. MLS is one of the worst offenders but throw in a Druid and it doesn't get any better. Hunter comps are pretty dumb too.

Over the course of a 2 min trinket CD, you're susceptible to 48 seconds (hopefully my math doesn't suck...) of CC which is like 40%. That's a large percentage of time to be controlled and Blizzard obviously recognizes it. But now we have to wait up to 9 months for them to make the adjustments they already deem necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Well, that depends.

1. Did you play Warrior/Druid in S1, S2 or S3? Then the answer is "yes".
    2. Did you play anything other than Warrior/Druid in S1, S2 or S3? Then the answer is a resounding "no".
    Utter nonsense. Sure, they were very strong, but you either didn't play then, or you didn't know how to play then. There were moments when almost every other class was strong. Rogues were very strong throughout. Mages were strong throughout. RMP was one of the better comps the entire expansion. Shamans weren't great, although teams who didn't kill Windfury totems wouldn't last long. Shadow Priests were remarkably strong, if you could manage your mana. Hunters were strong in warlock drain teams. Warlocks were extremely strong throughout, especially after they stopped allowing you to change into Shadow Resistance gear when you saw you were facing a Lock. Paladins weren't amazing, except in Season 1, from what I remember.

Point is, most classes could make it work, and most classed DID make it work - classes were simply more "niched" back then, instead of the vague smearing of shared abilities amongst all classes that we have now.

I guess technically WoW is more balanced than ever but I also think it's the less fun I've ever had with PvP in WoW since I started playing. Balancing in this game is so incredibly reactive to whatever is the strongest at that time it's not even funny. Damage too high? Buff healers? Ok healers are OP now? Better increase the amount of CC. Can't kill anything now? Add more CC removal and burst. And then it's just looping like that and I feel it's escalated a lot the recent years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed 5.0-5.2 pvp however the resilence change in 5.3 made it pointless for how i play (both pvp and pve) so i stopped doing it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Legendaries just suck for pvp balance. Melee classes w/Shadowmourne, etc.
    But GD I bet they are fun, this coming from someone that never played a class that got one when it mattered
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I have no idea, all I know is that CC is so overwhelming at the moment.

It's been steadily getting worse since the end of Wrath (which was already pretty bad in terms of gearing since half the best gear for pvp was from heroic ICC).

I've been an avid pvper for years, but in MoP it seems like Blizz has tried to divide the community up between pve and pvp. You either do one or the other. The old mechanic in Cata where you could trade vp for cp helped a raider stay sorta caught up without them having to resort to some crazy "catch-up" mechanic like they did in this xpac. "but if you're raiding why do you need pvp gear?" No one wants to walk into pvp with no pvp gear at this point. It's almost as bad as walking in butt naked.

Looking to see what they say about pvp gearing next month. Honestly think shoehorning a pve gearing system onto a pvp foundation that honestly has SOME potential is a detriment. "but what would people pvp for?" Mounts, tabards, hell, go one further and grant glads a season-specific xmog set or something (a weapon skin).

probably not as bad as it was in BC or Vanilla

For me its a mixed bag. Im having a blast at times but some times I wake up to the bad. Explosive burst and explosive heals make for a wonky play experience depending on the situation. Being an aff lock I dont experience unless Im destro, but still having healers heal so fast and hard and some classes able to take half or more of your health almost instantly makes for little to no fun.

Is it the worst WoW pvp? Id rate it near the bottom but I dont know if I say its worse then some wrath pvp (might be due to being melee TP back then)...

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    It is. WoW has possibly the worst PvP of all MMOs. On the other hand, it has the best/most polished PvE of all MMOs which is why it has the most subs. And yeah, interrupt bots are getting out of hand. While leveling chars in BGs there is always 1-2 people with interrupt bots. On my shaman I'm leveling, I had a bg where a feral instantly pounced/interrupted me the moment I started casting something when he was attacking someone else.
    What MMO would you (and anyone else reading this) recommend for PvP? Was thinking of GW2 but haven't played since beta, also beta tested Wildstar and ES:O but it's difficult to get a sense of pvp while leveling in beta.

Right now I've been pvping in Rift and even though it is a game not known for pvp it's definitely a more enjoyable experience than WoW pvp currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    But GD I bet they are fun, this coming from someone that never played a class that got one when it mattered
    Broken weapons are always fun. One of my best memories of pvp is using Nibelung on my boomkin in bgs before they nerfed the proc rate of the valks...I'd just spam moonfire/is on everyone and I'd walk around with this huge army of valkyrs one-shotting everyone.

It was fun while it lasted.
    Last edited by Celista; 2014-03-30 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Does Blizzard simply not care anymore? Whoever is in charge of pvp should be ashamed.
    PvP is horribly broken in MoP and the changes they have made are similar to slapping lipstick on a pig. Even Holinka admits PvP isn't in a good place, and instead he spends most of the time talking about how 'fun' the game is, or should be. It's sad when the devs are mostly looking forward to next expansion - a tacit admission the game is not in a good place right now.