Deleted

Need help deciding... Desktop vs Laptop (high end)

Hey all,

I'm wondering what I should go for... Either a laptop or a desktop (€1500 - €2500 range).

What I'd like to do with it is gaming on the couch, now I know there are certain ways to fit a desktop on a couch (special table etc.), and I'd also like to take it to a lan party once in a while.

Now, I'd either fit a build around a decent desktop (including all peripherals such as monitor and keyboard), or a good gaming laptop.

So I'm wondering, what do you guys suggest? Anyone got experience gaming on a desktop on the couch? Is it comfortable?

Also, if laptop, what would you suggest around the €1500-2500 range? I'm thinking Asus G750-T4046H myself, once it finally gets released in Europe...

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    I honestly can't imagine myself doing any sort of serious gaming on a couch. Your back will probably not be on the right position and even if you get a shorter kinda of desk your knees will be hitting it or if they dont it will be too tall to be comfortable. Dunno if that makes sense

For the portability part you could make a mini/micro desktop built but peripherals will be hard to carry around. With that said you probably think, hey a laptop would then be better then. Myself i don't feel comfortable playing on a say 17" monitor while used on playing at 22"-24" but it you dont have that problem then you should probably look for laptop ^^.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couch gaming represent! I have been a couch gamer for like 5 years now, suits me fine, everyone's tastes are different. You'd be looking at a nice mini itx build most likely as laptops for gaming really aren't the way to go (in my opinion) unless you absolutely need a computer that an be packed up at a moments notice. Once I get home I can put together a nice build for you if someone hasn't already. Also what country would you be ordering parts from?

Intel i7 4770k @ 4.79Ghz | Corsair H110 | Gigabyte Z87X-OC | Corsair HX1050 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Asus Strix GTX 1070 | 4 x 2TB WD Green HDD | 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD | Corsair Carbide 500R Black/Orange | Corsair Scimitar Mouse | Logitech G710+ Keyboard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    I honestly can't imagine myself doing any sort of serious gaming on a couch. Your back will probably not be on the right position and even if you get a shorter kinda of desk your knees will be hitting it or if they dont it will be too tall to be comfortable. Dunno if that makes sense

For the portability part you could make a mini/micro desktop built but peripherals will be hard to carry around. With that said you probably think, hey a laptop would then be better then. Myself i don't feel comfortable playing on a say 17" monitor while used on playing at 22"-24" but it you dont have that problem then you should probably look for laptop ^^.
    I'm afraid getting a desk isn't an option, not enough space downstairs, and I don't wanna go upstairs... Or the missus wouldn't like it

Quote Originally Posted by JosephStylin View Post
    Couch gaming represent! I have been a couch gamer for like 5 years now, suits me fine, everyone's tastes are different. You'd be looking at a nice mini itx build most likely as laptops for gaming really aren't the way to go (in my opinion) unless you absolutely need a computer that an be packed up at a moments notice. Once I get home I can put together a nice build for you if someone hasn't already. Also what country would you be ordering parts from?
    Netherlands I'm still doubting, I had a Asus G series before, the cooling is very good. But sure! If you wouldn't mind. I'd be ordering from the Netherlands.

Even though with that money you would be able to get a 780 ti or a r9-290x...if you REALLY want to game in a couch you could just find a really high end laptop but I would still rather go the desktop option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Deleted
    Well I've finally decided, Either an Asus G750JH-T4065H (16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, GTX780M) or the MSI GT70 2PE Dominator Pro-1069NL (12GB RAM, 128GB SSD, GTX880M). The price is around the same (Asus 100 Euro more).

What do you guys think?

I've been thinking about building a small PC and getting a portable monitor like this. Keyboard + Mouse I'm not 100% sure on this either. My goal was for a steam streaming machine so either cheap laptop or low end PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragaroah View Post
    Well I've finally decided, Either an Asus G750JH-T4065H (16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, GTX780M) or the MSI GT70 2PE Dominator Pro-1069NL (12GB RAM, 128GB SSD, GTX880M). The price is around the same (Asus 100 Euro more).

What do you guys think?
    I'd say the MSI. Can always plug in a external HD or use networked storage to compensate for the smaller SSD- only putting your start-up heavy stuff on it, although I'm sure the thing comes with a 1.5TB secondary drive anyway. Not likely to hit over 12GB of RAM either, also assuming the speed is the same.