Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Can you tell me your secret? Because If I am lucky, I will get 1 legendary per hour and it's always, always FUCKING belt. Note that only thing I can loot legendary is chests...Neither bosses nor elites dropped legendaries for me except first maltheal kill.

Also it seems like we're back to yellows > legendaries...at least according to my experience.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/G.../hero/23317068

ps: I roll on tormet I. I hardly ever die and kill elites below 20-30 seconds most of the time.

It's not that yellows > legendaries, it's that legendaries and yellows follow the exact same formula, but you get hundreds/thousands more yellows than you do legendaries and so it's much more likely that you will find an item with both the right stats and a high roll for those stats, legendaries though will roll more of that same stat. For example the max primary stat roll on a yellow pair of bracers is 415 while legendary can go over 500. In addition to that you obviously have the unique stats and bonuses that some legendaries give.

Legendaries are definitely considerably better than yellows, if you get the right stats and they roll a good ammount. I'm stuck using yellows for most of my slots due to that.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's not that yellows > legendaries, it's that legendaries and yellows follow the exact same formula, but you get hundreds/thousands more yellows than you do legendaries and so it's much more likely that you will find an item with both the right stats and a high roll for those stats, legendaries though will roll more of that same stat. For example the max primary stat roll on a yellow pair of bracers is 415 while legendary can go over 500. In addition to that you obviously have the unique stats and bonuses that some legendaries give.

Legendaries are definitely considerably better than yellows, if you get the right stats and they roll a good ammount. I'm stuck using yellows for most of my slots due to that.
    Legendaries I got were really bad. I salvaged most of them. What you said doesn't change the fact that you stuck with yellows because legendaries roll very bad. I remember a blue which was saying something like "when you see a legendary, you will know it's an upgrade". Seems like a huge bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Legendaries I got were really bad. I salvaged most of them. What you said doesn't change the fact that you stuck with yellows because legendaries roll very bad. I remember a blue which was saying something like "when you see a legendary, you will know it's an upgrade". Seems like a huge bullshit.
    Well the issue is that if a legendary doesn't proc with the perfect stats then it will not be an upgrade against a yellow that does, since you get thousands of yellows and reforging them is cheap (reforging legendaries is not) then you end up in a situation where you're replacing legendaries with yellows simply because they are much more optimised.

Occasionally you will get an exceptional Legendary tho and they completely outclass yellows, I've had a few Legendaries that would be better than my yellows if I could get the reforged stat I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries not only get the extra effects, which can be a 5-10x upgrade over a rare with slightly better base stats, they usually have about 20% higher base stat rolls to boot on average. Max rare rolls on chests seem to be around 600 for rares for example, legendaries go over 700. That's just a very rough estimate.

For those wondering about "i'm doing this difficulty but finding nothing". There are no guarantees. Diablo is a slot machine game, it is pure RNG. The entire game is built around enjoying grinding efficiently and pulling that one-armed bandit over and over. You may have days not finding anything, then you might have an hour of finding 3 upgrades at once. Pure luck. There is no trick to it except to just maximize your chances by optimizing your time spent, but that's all - just upping "chance".

The reason you speed run bounties on normal is so you get as many bags per hour as possible for the bag only legs. Each act bounty bag has a chance to drop some cool legendaries, here is a list.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comme...ard_legendary/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    The reason you speed run bounties on normal is so you get as many bags per hour as possible for the bag only legs. Each act bounty bag has a chance to drop some cool legendaries, here is a list.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comme...ard_legendary/
    Apart from those bag-specific ones Torment bags still drop Torment-only legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    playing the game on normal/hard.... because you want to be efficient.... you are somehow managing to play the game wrong, which is beyond me as all that matters in d3 is that you enjoy the time you spend.
    guess what, some people find efficiency fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Stuff has higher stats on it in Torment. Even if it's the same item. Set bonuses don't work across difficulties. Having a piece of a set from Hard or Master would work with a same piece from that set from Torment. I had 3 pieces of Immortal Kings but one of the items was from a higher difficulty than the other 2, I wasn't getting the 3set bonus.
    Stats are just luck, i got same item in normal and t2, same stat ranges.
    Set bonuses don't work if you mix legacy items with Loot2.0 items.

There are however legendaries and set items that only drop on t1 or higher.
    See here for a full list

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Legendaries not only get the extra effects, which can be a 5-10x upgrade over a rare with slightly better base stats, they usually have about 20% higher base stat rolls to boot on average. Max rare rolls on chests seem to be around 600 for rares for example, legendaries go over 700. That's just a very rough estimate.

For those wondering about "i'm doing this difficulty but finding nothing". There are no guarantees. Diablo is a slot machine game, it is pure RNG. The entire game is built around enjoying grinding efficiently and pulling that one-armed bandit over and over. You may have days not finding anything, then you might have an hour of finding 3 upgrades at once. Pure luck. There is no trick to it except to just maximize your chances by optimizing your time spent, but that's all - just upping "chance".
    Can you please say that to my 416-500 main stat cindercoat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    Well that's precisely what I've been upto, albeit on hard.
    Something I want to say here. The only benefit of doing hard over normal is gold/exp. You do not get more frequent item drops across any non-torment difficulty.

And currently, unless you can faceroll T1/2, normal is the best gear farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Something I want to say here. The only benefit of doing hard over normal is gold/exp. You do not get more frequent item drops across any non-torment difficulty.

That's not true, you cannot get class set items below Torment 1 and Torment difficulties have higher droprates on legendaries. Torment 1 really is not hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aim for the highest difficulty you can faceroll, and aim to eventually reach that point with Torment 1 since it is the lowest difficulty to give access to 100% of drops (it's not really that hard of a stretch) so that you can maximise:
    - legendary acquisition
    - xp for paragons
    - gold acquisition
    - chance at legendary crafting mats
    - gem acquisition (imperials can drop rather than marquise)
    - etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Stats are just luck, i got same item in normal and t2, same stat ranges.
    Set bonuses don't work if you mix legacy items with Loot2.0 items.

There are however legendaries and set items that only drop on t1 or higher.
    See here for a full list

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please say that to my 416-500 main stat cindercoat?
    RANDOM is RANDOM.
    What's so hard about that for people to understand?
    BTW just out of curiosity, where did your Cindercoat drop, that is to say what difficulty/level range?
    I also specifically stated "MAX" rolls, not "static" rolls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post

Facerolling torment is possible with just rares. Use your head and rerolls smartly and you will get great stat setups to get over 700k-1m dps and well over 6, 7, 8 mil toughness, and those stats are enough to VERY comfortably tear through T1.

There's absolutely no reason to gimp yourself and do normal for a few (worse, since smaller selection) legendaries more per hour at the cost of no xp, gold or cool drops like set items.

Just fyi according to most streamers the "BiS" sets, meaning the new torment class sets, seem to drop solely from Torment rifts. So that's just some extra incentive.

Just fyi according to most streamers the "BiS" sets, meaning the new torment class sets, seem to drop solely from Torment rifts. So that's just some extra incentive.
    Pretty sure I've seen one of them drops outside rifts, in a T2 bounty, but not entirely sure.

Deleted
    So much wrong information in this thread. I really wonder, who spreads stuff like that?

There are a few Torment only items, including the "new" class sets and some legendaries. The rest is exactly the same on all difficulties, only the drop rates vary. The thing about Torment rifts is also not true.

The most efficient items right now for almost all popular builds have elemental modifiers, which you can get on yellows. As another poster stated, you get 312314124 of those and only so much legendaries, so chances are that your legendary will straight-out suck for what you need in comparison to other items you already have. Biggest exception would be weapons, yet you should find a decent one very soon on any difficulty.

There are game changing effects of course and class set boni (4) and (6) are normally pretty good or even borderline insane, but the expansion just hit and all you really need to get started and beyond is the gear from Normal+.

That being said, I didn't farm Normal for more than one day. Enchanting is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post

Also legs seem to have the chance to roll more affix on primaries than averange yellow or i'm wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tyrant King View Post
    So much wrong information in this thread. I really wonder, who spreads stuff like that?

There are a few Torment only items, including the "new" class sets and some legendaries. The rest is exactly the same on all difficulties, only the drop rates vary. The thing about Torment rifts is also not true.

The most efficient items right now for almost all popular builds have elemental modifiers, which you can get on yellows. As another poster stated, you get 312314124 of those and only so much legendaries, so chances are that your legendary will straight-out suck for what you need in comparison to other items you already have. Biggest exception would be weapons, yet you should find a decent one very soon on any difficulty.

There are game changing effects of course and class set boni (4) and (6) are normally pretty good or even borderline insane, but the expansion just hit and all you really need to get started and beyond is the gear from Normal+.

That being said, I didn't farm Normal for more than one day. Enchanting is ridiculous.
    The rift thing is a rumour, as I clearly stated. A lot of streamers found that they seemed to be dropping in rifts so far, this is not confirmed or official, just an observation so far, which is pretty early ofc. They definitely only drop on Torment, however.

Yes, you can get elemental modifiers on rare gear as well, however the legendaries usually sport 5-10% higher boni if correctly rolled, depending on the item and the elemental bonus. Everything is random, always, however legendaries have the chance of always being far better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Also legs seem to have the chance to roll more affix on primaries than averange yellow or i'm wrong?
    If you mean that they can roll higher main stats, then yes you are correct. Emphasis on "CAN". If you mean that they can have more affixes than comparable rares (ie 7 vs 6), that's wrong, unless you count unique secondary effects, those are not factored in afaik.

I got lucky with most legendaries that dropped for my characters so far, they always had around 10-15% higher stat rolls than my best rares.

The next question is is it worth it to run t6 over t1 ( maybe t2). The difficulty seems to ramp up much faster than the gains from gear. I don't see the point if t6 even with higher chances for legs if it takes 10 x as long

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    The next question is is it worth it to run t6 over t1 ( maybe t2). The difficulty seems to ramp up much faster than the gains from gear. I don't see the point if t6 even with higher chances for legs if it takes 10 x as long
    Like myself and many others have said - run the difficulty that you can run efficiently. 10x T1 runs at the speed of 1 T6 run are obviously much, much more efficient. Once your gear is good enough to get nearly the same speed on the next difficulty, proceed. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyce223 View Post
    The Class legendary sets (See Inna's, Natalya's etc...) and some other specific legendaries are torment only. Also there is a higher legendary drop rate in Torment.

That's not the DH set, that's Blackthornes, a non class specific set.
    Actually.....the class only sets aren't torment only yet. My clan mate found a Bul-Kathos sword while farming normal the other day.

This is actually going to occur in a later patch...though a hotfix DID increase legendary drop rates in Torment "significantly"
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just tossing in that I play in the third difficulty, what is that master? expert..idk anymore. But I've had set pieces drop, so either there are some sets that drop in all modes or sets are not limited to T1 only. I got one of the monk fist weapons and now I will spend the next few years trying to complete it. I don't expect it to happen lol.
    BAD WOLF