Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aginorr View Post
    That is the case yes and looks like I'm gonna stick with air cooling from the recommendations on here. http://www.thermalright.com/html/pro...0.html?panel=0 a friend of mine got one of these free with his motherboard and doesn't need it so has offered it to me, thoughts on how far I can push the cpu with this? From reading a few reviews it doesn't look like I could push past 4 ghz with it.
    You can push past 4GHz with stock cooler if you have a good chip. It's all about the temperature and voltage limit you set for yourself and the quality of the silicon in your processor. You shouldn't view it as "I need to get this overclock" but rather how much can you overclock within your set limits and the cpu on hand. This said it's impossible to answer your question definitely. You'll have to just try and see. I don't think the cooler is going to affect you that much though.

That much really? doesnt seem like very much? Maybe thats why my rig sometimes has heat issues when streaming.....
    Less is more. However it doesn't make that big of a difference (not as much as people usually make it out to be).

Quote Originally Posted by Undies View Post
    That much really? doesnt seem like very much? Maybe thats why my rig sometimes has heat issues when streaming.....
    I'd say a TINY bit more is ok. Like an uncooked pea sized blob. Try and make it rounded too so there's less chance of an air bubble forming when it spreads out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.