Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexinho View Post
    By that logic anyone bar women that had abortions should not have the right to talk about abortions.
    *facepalm*
    No, but you're getting a little closer.

People can debate about abortions.
    However people cannot tell a pregnant woman that either she cannot give birth to or cannot abort her particular pregnancy because it is her body.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Believe what you will. I would have the same opinions, were roles reversed.

- - - Updated - - -

As some pointed out before, a fetus is not a person. It can become one.

Naturally, the life of a person is above the life of a non-person. In rape victims, the trauma sustained might simply be too much.
    You cannot use that argument unless you are pro-choice without being a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Whether a woman gets an abortion or not, they're relevant to her personal liberties.
    I guess I am not allowed to criticise Obama, because I am not living in the USA?

- - - Updated - - -

So to be clear, abortion is not cold-blooded murder?
    Not by a legal definition, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what's the problem with killing a fetus?
    That you're ending a life to make yours easier.

Deleted
    I guess I am not allowed to criticise Obama, because I am not living in the USA?
    Uh, what? How is that relevant?

Same holds true for those who get an abortion because of rape.

Uh, what? How is that comparable?
    Same logic. '' You can only talk about things that affect or may affect you. ''

Deleted
    Same logic. '' You can only talk about things that affect or may affect you. ''
    Eh, nobody have said that. If you however would try to attack a woman for wanting to get an abortion, then that's a problem.

Then if it's OK to kill a fetus, which you already admitted isn't a person, to prevent increasing the suffering of an existing human being, then why does it matter if that suffering is brought about because of rape or because an unwanted pregnancy
    Because there's a big difference between someone that's already mentally scarred for life due to rape and someone that aborts because she's afraid she won't be able to carry on with her life.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, nobody have said that. If you however would try to attack a woman for wanting to get an abortion, then that's a problem.
    In your opinion. In mine, it's a perfectly normal thing to do.

Deleted
    Because there's a big difference between someone that's already mentally scarred for life due to rape and someone that aborts because she's afraid she won't be able to carry on with her life.
    How is there a difference? They're both doing it to "make their lives easier".

Yeah, no. That's not a perfectly normal thing to do. You really do hate women, no use denying it now.

How is there a difference?
    How is there not?

- - - Updated - - -

Which is what, precisely? In one case you're acting to prevent some harm. In the other case you're acting to prevent some harm. What is the meaningful distinction?
    The said '' some harm '' is not the same. Not even close.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    Women's rights does not mean you have the right to kill a person.

You should be responsible enough to ever A) use birth control or B) have him wear a condom.

You murdered a person cause of your selfishness.
    Get out of here with that BS. She made a choice the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow dude...You are a scary person if you really think like that. I'm sure glad I do not know you. I'd would call the cops on you every single chance I could.
    Last edited by Punks; 2014-03-30 at 10:42 PM.

Deleted
    Only in severity. Severity of the quality of life impacts is the only difference between the two.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

So you think it's perfectly fine to tell a woman what she can and can not do with her own body/ life?

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

Simply telling me you disagree with me is utterly worthless. Put some effort into clarifying your position and explaining in what way they are different.
    Because the first one is the mentally scarred victim of a rapist. Forcing her to give birth would only further mentally scar her and probably make her a lifeless vegetable for the rest of her life.

The other had consensual sex and aborts so she can go to college.

Deleted
    Even if that would be true (which it isn't since a fetus does not live): Why on earth would you want people to suffer for their whole life only because they once made a mistake? Especially if there's a legal escape from that life-long punishment?

10+ Year Old Account
    As some pointed out before, a fetus is not a person.
    Contradicted entirely by your earlier statement;
    As some pointed out before, a fetus is not a person.
    If it isn't a person, then it isn't murder, and there's no moral obligation to avoid killing it. I end the life of a cow so I can have a tasty steak. That isn't even to make my life easier, it's just because I'd rather eat a steak than a tofu salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Anguished View Post
    So you think it's perfectly fine to tell a woman what she can and can not do with her own body/ life?
    If it impacts others, yes.

Gaining benefits by causing others to suffer is not something I support.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

If it isn't a person, then it isn't murder, and there's no moral obligation to avoid killing it. I end the life of a cow so I can have a tasty steak. That isn't even to make my life easier, it's just because I'd rather eat a steak than a tofu salad.
    Cows aren't humans.

Fetuses are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, why is "had consensual sex" reason to punish women by forcing them to continue an unwanted pregnancy?

You're trying to restrict women's freedoms, for no justifiable reason whatsoever other than you don't like "sluts". Which is pretty much just outright misogyny.

Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    Even if that would be true (which it isn't since a fetus does not live)
    A fetus definitely lives.

Deleted
    Because the first one is the mentally scarred victim of a rapist. Forcing her to give birth would only further mentally scar her and probably make her a lifeless vegetable for the rest of her life.
    ...That's not how tha... Oh nevermind.

What's wrong with that? She's ensuring that her quality of life is not negatively impacted.

If it impacts others, yes.

Gaining benefits by causing others to suffer is not something I support..
    It the only 'other' it impacts is something that is living off the woman physically.

Oh, not to forget that you support it with regards to rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Again, why is "had consensual sex" reason to punish women by forcing them to continue an unwanted pregnancy?

You're trying to restrict women's freedoms, for no justifiable reason whatsoever other than you don't like "sluts". Which is pretty much just outright misogyny.
    Sorry for not thinking ending lives to make your life easier counts as freedom.