Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    It's coming out in November at the earliest. Don't get your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I can't be bothered finding the original, but firelands WAS intended to be on release, and was announced as such. It says similar (although without source) on wowwiki

http://www.wowwiki.com/Firelands
    Wowpedia's got an actual source, in the form of the at-launch raid and dungeon list from BlizzCon:
    http://wowpedia.org/FileungeonListCata.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    You realize "Fall" is more of a generalization in the gaming industry. Many fall releases happen in August.
    But September is the last FISCAL month for the quarter. This is why they released MoP in the last week of September to... so they can guarantee maximize subs for the fiscal report. BC/Wrath/Cata releases didn't have to do this because they never had to contend with falling numbers and a bad reputation... until Cataclysm came out and people did a collective "What the hell is this?" :P

I've said this since the begining... it will be a fiscal quarter based month for that very reason. Of course, I was earlier expecting June... not September. I didn't think Blizz was THAT insane... :P

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Every one knows of Blizzard's love of foreshadowing events of future patches and events in various questlines, and also their giving out of hints to the dates of certain patches or expansions.
    They have literally never once done that, and how could they considering they don't know the exact dates until a few weeks before release?

But it doesn't stop people going over every line they type making up crazy theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They have literally never once done that
    Two months before the main Alliance fleet arrives, as given in the Alliance starting zone.

Sure enough, they showed up two months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    that would mean less than 5 months for beta and we all know beta will take minimum of 6 months
    'We' don't know anything. Best option is to wait and watch.

Hang on 9/3 = 3...

HL3 confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Two months before the main Alliance fleet arrives, as given in the Alliance starting zone.

Sure enough, they showed up two months later.
    That content was all designed at the same time, they just staggered the delivery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    It's entirely possible that the 12.7% quote was just a random number the quest writers pulled out of the air randomly, and the connection with the actual Cata release date was just a coincidence. It's highly unlikely they would have a set decided on release date 3 months before beta even started, just like it's highly unlikely they have one yet now.
    The likelihood of that Gnomeregan article referencing 12.7 and cataclysmic in the same sentence being a coincidence with Cata's release date is, oh, about 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000127.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Klabernia View Post
    maybe u are another kid with no knowledge ... fall begins 21st of september
    not where I live --it begins on 1st september

Hahahahaha, it is really amazing how people go out of their ways to "find" something.

Fall release is fall release and fall starts 21st of september.
    I don't think they will release it before that and to be honest, i don't think september will see wod at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    not where I live --it begins on 1st september
    Where do you live If I may ask.

Updated the OP. Going to quote what I wrote because I'm being lazy:

With the start of the Alpha, I think we can fully update this to be expected. Whether or not it is pre-expansion event or launch depends on how quick the alpha changes into beta.

If beta begins late April or early May, then the pre-expansion patch on 9/9 is a sure fire deal. If it's earlier than that, then the expansion will launch on 9/9.

Remember, MoP's beta lasted longer due to the Annual Pass having a guaranteed beta access to everyone who bought it, and the introduction of a new race and class also increased the amount of beta time, among other things.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go on record and agree with the OP that this is well within the realm of possibility. My money is on 9/9/2014.

With the Gnomergan incident it could have been their target date all along.
    It is entirely reasonable that 9/9 is WoD's target date. If they get it, it works. If not, then no one's feelings get hurt because they didn't make it official.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    My God.

You stated that it was 23 weeks and 3 days away or 5 months, 1 week, and 3 days away. That's 3 three times. You also stated that the exact date will be 2014/9/9, if you add the two 9's together thats makes 18, HALF of 18 is 9 and three divided by 9 is 3. Half-Life 3 confirmed by blizz.
    Thread.

Made me spit coffee all over the place god damn it.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

9/9 is my birthday. If WODs went live on that day....what a super birthday present to me. =D
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Bumping.

With the announcement of the release date only next week, 9/9 is becoming a bigger possiblity for the pre-expansion patch.

Let's see the beta build this week, if it seems fairly polished then maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    that would mean less than 5 months for beta and we all know beta will take minimum of 6 months
    No - Beta has in the past been shorter than 6 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Bumping.

With the announcement of the release date only next week, 9/9 is becoming a bigger possiblity for the pre-expansion patch.
    6.0 will need to hit the PTR by August 9th for that to be accurate, however, since Blizzard tends to test these pre-expansion patches for at least a month on the PTR.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers