Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

best gamepad for PC

i want to get good gamepad for dark souls on pc. what is it ? ps3 or xbox 360 controller ? or maybe something else ?

360 controller is generally rated one of the best. Most games will auto detect it and remap the controls it to while displaying the controller buttons on the screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xbox 360 controller is the best by far. It's plug-and-play, comfortable, has all the buttons you'll ever need and it's sturdy.

10+ Year Old Account
    how much does it cost in europe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    how much does it cost in europe ?
    Amazon has it for ~£23

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Xbo...360+controller
    But then again, I am a Snowman on Fire!
    Yizelin the Insane

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend the Logitech F310. It's a fair amount cheaper than an xbox 360 controller and it's plug and play to be detected as a 360 controller, plus if you download the software you'll get a lot of control over remapping buttons and profiles and stuff.

I hate the xbox 360 gamepad, esp. its D-Pad. I use the Wii U pro controller with the Mayflash wii u controller adapter for PC (sold on amazon), which makes the PC recognize it as an xbox360 gamepad (Dinput also possible). Works flawlessly.

I think if you can live the sucky D-pad of the xbox 360 gamepad, go for that.

If you want symmetrical sticks like on playstation then get logitech f710. It will be detected and installed as xbox 360 gamepad. You can also flip a switch to set it as D-input for old games that doesnt natively support xbox 360 gamepad, then it will install as a good old rumblepad.

10+ Year Old Account
    i bought xbox 360 controller for PC. suits me best. costed 140zl, thats about 35 euro

I prefer the playstation controller over xbox anyday but to use on pc i ended up buying the xbox official pc one.

Xbox or ps3 controller, just use what you prefer, ps3 controller isn't as plug and play but works just as good after the requiered setting up.

Deleted
    Xbox 360 controller for sure, Plug & Play, most games have keymaps for it and the triggers and sticks are way better than any other pad I've ever tested. Dpad is damn awful, but otherwise it's too good to pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wii U Controller Pro is the best gamepad I'ved used for my PC to date. Requires a bluetooth adapter though.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    PS4 controller with x360ce, Xbox 360. Haven't tried Wii U Pro controller but it seems people like it.

PS4 works with natively and no extra driver. BTH you can pair easily. It is mapped the same as a Logitech controller button wise except for the analog R2 / L2.

xBox 360 controller +1

Just buy wired one - no batteries required and you won't have to buy that BT(?) reciever.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Logitech f710 is what I use. You can also use it for games that don't have controller support as it has a custom mode for it. Completely customizable works for any game enough said.

How's the D-pad on the PS4 controller compared to its older Dual Shock 3? I'm thinking about getting one mainly for Street Fighter and some adventure games.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    How's the D-pad on the PS4 controller compared to its older Dual Shock 3? I'm thinking about getting one mainly for Street Fighter and some adventure games.
    Not much changed imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    PS4 controller with x360ce, Xbox 360. Haven't tried Wii U Pro controller but it seems people like it.

PS4 works with natively and no extra driver. BTH you can pair easily. It is mapped the same as a Logitech controller button wise except for the analog R2 / L2.
    PS4 controller does work just as well and I like it just as much as the Wii U controller pro however, the PS4 pad doesn't get a 50+ hour charge. :P
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I picked up a MadCatz (third-party) Xbox 360 wired controller about five years ago, and it has worked flawlessly.

I think I paid about £10 for it, too.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7