Question Getting new "gaming" laptop...need help

Hello everyone:

I'm going to buy a new laptop (I know desktops are better for gaming, but I need it for my work) and would like to know your opinions on it (I'm a total noob when it comes to technical stuff). Here are the ones I'm considering:

-Lenovo IdeaPad y510p ($899 if I buy it in their online store)
    Processor: 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT755M GDDR5 2GB
    Memory: 8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
    Hard drive: 1TB 5400 RPM + 24GB SSD

-Alienware 14 ($1250)
    Processor: 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-4200M processor (3MB Cache, up to 3.1GHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 765M with 2GB GDDR5
    Memory: 8GB DDR3L at 1600MHz (2 x 4G)
    Hard drive: 500GB 5400RPM (8G SSD) Hybrid SATA 6Gb/s

-HP ENVY 15-j171nr Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) ($780)
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.4 GHz, up to 3.54 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (2 GB DDR3, up to 1.75 GB, switchable)
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
    Hard drive: 750 GB 5400 rpm SATA

These are the ones I've checked so far. I would like one that lets me play most of the games (Maybe Titanfall or Bioshock) at least in a reasonably fps; I know that the bigger laptops are able to do so but I cannot afford to give 2k dollars for it (if only the 2k ones are able to play games like Titanfall or Bioshock, then which of the cheaper ones are able to play WoW and diablo in very good settings). Which do you guys think is better or better for its price? Also if you have better candidates let me know, I'm open to all suggestions, as long as they aren't ridiculously expensive hehe.

Sorry for my English, it's not my first language. Thanks in advance

We need to know what country you're residing in so we can meet your budget.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

hello, I don't live in the states but I have family that I'll send the money so they buy it for me. For budget 1400 would be the most but would really like one for a little less

I am a fan of Lenovo computers. I owned one the previous generations of the Lenovo y500 line and it worked well. FInding exactly what your after is an important balance. For example do you need it for school work. How often will you be acutally moving it off of your desk? I realized I had moved mine a handful of times for the 4 years I owned it.
    If you need it to be a mobile device then I would say don't get anything bigger then a 14" screen as it will become a hasstle.
    I wouldn't recomend alienware to anyone. They are overpriced for what they are with a holding company that inherently puts machines together poorly. You can expect a worse overall experience with hardware and software over time.
    I do like the HP Envy line, it will probably give the least expensive results but if you go with a more expensive option you will notice the difference. For a gamaing machine the videocard is near the highest priority. A i5 vs. i7 processor will make little to no difference in your life so if it comes to breaking the back for the latter id say you can avoid it without shedding a tear.
    Lastly if money is no object and you want a very portable and powerful machine look at Razer gaming laptops. They offer I think three products as far as computers go. They are light, they are more powerful then huge towers, and you can bet they have a price to match.
    Hope this helps, good luck.

Just checked the razer ones, have to say they look amazing, but the new one is $2200 and the cheapest I found was $1800. beautiful systems but a little too expensive :S

edit: found another one that looks pretty cool: Origin EON13-S
    Processor: Intel Core i5 4310M Dual-Core 2.70GHz (3.40GHz TurboBoost)
    Graphics: Single 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M w/ Optimus Technology
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
    Hard drive: 320GB SATA 3.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 16MB Cache
    Last edited by campero; 2014-03-30 at 09:37 PM.

Sager is what you should be looking at. Best bang for the buck by a mile. This guy with the 870m and 120GB SSD is pretty much the best you can do for $1,400.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.p...el_name=NP8268
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics