Deleted

New build opinion/advice

Hello I'm going close to replacing my 6 years old build in week or two and thought I'd ask you lot for opinion/advice. First little bit about my approach - while market seems to be switching to 1440p/4k, I'm moving up from 1280x1024 to 1920x1080. I intend to stay on this build for at least few years, and therefore I'm willing to take some overkill components (most notably cpu/ram below I guess) now if they may slow down pc aging at least a bit.

Budget: roughly 2000euro (~8200zł).
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    Games / Settings Desired: It's really all around. WoW, GW2, Battlefield 4, heavily modded Skyrim, Rome: Total War II. Mostly in preparation for future big releases (say Dragon Age: Inquisition or the Witcher 3) and generally gaming on as high details as possible.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): Not really. Might look into video recording and editing soonish though.
    Parts that can be reused: I have X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro (http://support.creative.com/Products...T=CategoryID:1) - is it worth saving?
    Do you need an OS? Yes, I do. I'm looking at 8.1 normal edition (not sure if there is any reason for getting pro edition). I don't mind tiles at all either, so it's probably set in stone.
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?: Yes, I do. Mouse, keyboard, headphones and monitor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k - 1225zł
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S - 285zł
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-Pro - 685zł
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB 1600mhz CL9 - 623zł
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - 595zł
    Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB - 412zł
    Video Card: Gigabyte GTX780 GHZ edition - 1923zł
    Case: Thermaltake Chaser A71 - 497zł
    Power Supply: Corsair RM 650w (80+ gold, fully modular) - 405zł
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB DVD - 64zł
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 64bit ENG OEM - 350zł
    Monitor: Asus MX239H - 899zł
    Mouse: Logitech G600 - 230zł
    Keyboard: Logitech G510 - 420zł
    Headphones: Creative Aurvana Live! - 200zł
    Total: 8313 zł
    (prices according to morele.net)

So my questions:
    -Would power supply be good enough (or should I move to 750w)?
    -Is sound card I mentioned above worth keeping?
    -i7 4770k vs i5 4670k. I know that atm i5 is better deal and gain from 4770k is negligible, especially given the price tag. However, wouldn't hyper threading at least partially mitigate lack of 8 cores in the future? Also, I have no experience overclocking whatsoever. Even if I did any, it'd be moderate at best.
    -Monitor. This one seems nice, although I'm not really up to date with tech. I'm using 11 years old Samsung SyncMaster 192t atm Resilient beast.

Thanks in advance for your help

Deleted
    1) Drop the Pro to an Z87-A, unless there's a specific feature you're looking for or the difference is negligible;
    2) Do you really need the Vengeance Pro? There are as strong sets for considerably less;
    3) You don't really need the SSHD - if you really wanted that, I'd look at getting a standard 2TB HDD and getting up to a 480GB SSD, price permitting.

Everything else is generally fine, but if yuo can make savings and get to the GTX780Ti, then there's no reason not to. In addition, you'll be able to use the Shadowplay feature from NVidia which will aloow you to directly stream games.

Deleted
    Thanks for input
    1) I've chosen z87-pro mostly because I've seen many recommendations for it, but I'm not really after any feature in particular. Thanks for pointing out that difference is small. Always 200zł less.
    2) Sticking with 16gb cheapest I can find would be Corsair Vengeance low profile 1600/cl10 for 480zł or Crucial Ballistix 1600/cl9 for 515zł. Would either of those be preferable?
    3) Since on 2tb difference is roughly 100zł between hdd and sshd I figured out it's a decent deal while providing some extra performance for programs outside ssd (unless there is some particular reason to avoid sshd). Not really considering bigger ssd though, as it doubles the price of disk.

As for shadowplay - wasn't it available for any card above gtx 650? Also, 780 to 780ti is rather steep jump in price (500-800zł) which I don't really think is justified by performance gain (especially with gigabyte 780 in my build mostly matching stock 780ti in benchmarks).

Deleted
    Those all make sense. I'd look at the Vengeance LP at that price, drop the Pro for the A, and get the 2TB HDD. IF you do decide to have a look as SSD size, then I'd look into the Crucial M500. And by all means, keep the GTX780, or wait a month or two fro the Maxwell cards to come out and have a look, then.