Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Black people and Asians

So in a lot of movies they make it look as if Asians and black people dont really get along. Why is that? There's alot of references like in the Rush Hour movies, or Chris Rock sketches and alot of comedians use it aswell. Is there some historical occurance that i missed that explains why these 2 groups aren't supposed to like eachother?

Chelly
    Ain't a lot of black people in Asia. Or Asians in Africa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    Ain't a lot of black people in Asia. Or Asians in Africa.
    There aren't many british in Holland either, doesnt mean i hate the british?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    My opinion and I may be quite radically wrong is that the geographical gap, general value of Africa (which is pretty poor worldwide), Asian exposure to Caucasian influences and vice versa. All have an impact of each groups measure of one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who grew up in California, Asians and black people get along just fine. The older generation is kind of racist against the thug-stereotype of black people, though. Interracial marriages are EXTREMELY common here, but some older asians/more traditional ones frown upon it if it's with a black person due to the aforementioned reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Adocul View Post
    My opinion and I may be quite radically wrong is that the geographical gap, general value of Africa (which is pretty poor worldwide), Asian exposure to Caucasian influences and vice versa. All have an impact of each groups measure of one another.
    What? I've never seen someone so oblivious to the amount of resources that come from Africa, before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    As someone who grew up in California, Asians and black people get along just fine. The older generation is kind of racist against the thug-stereotype of black people, though. Interracial marriages are EXTREMELY common here, but some older asians/more traditional ones frown upon it if it's with a black person due to the aforementioned reason.
    Go to The Bay Area and you'll see a lot of Black and (non-Hindu) Asian couples. It's the same thing in certain sections of Center City Philadelphia. The closer you get to Chinatown, Market Station, and the Art Gallery.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2014-03-30 at 11:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't know really.. India, Japan and China are incredibly racist countries, so are a lot of African countries. I guess that could create some stereotypes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chris rock.. I honestly can't take him serious in anything, so if he was making some kind of racist joke about asian groups I don't know if he's serious or trying for comedy.. which btw.. never found him funny, he's from the jim carrie school of comedy.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Rush hour movies and comedian sketches might not be the best basis for an analysis of race relations.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    afaik there's no historical reason for them to dislike each other. They just don't have a ton of a contact, except in certain areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    afaik there's no historical reason for them to dislike each other. They just don't have a ton of a contact, except in certain areas.
    Well, during the 1992 riots in Los Angeles, Korean shop owners went to war with the entire black ghetto... so, yeah... haha

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    What? How are you oblivious to the amount of resources that come from Africa?

- - - Updated - - -

Go to The Bay Area and you'll see a lot of Black and (non-Hindu) Asian couples.
    Because cherry-picking resources means that they value Africa highly, it's not even a high priority development area compared to South America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I've seen it happen in front of me, though a friend of mine (Asian) once told me about some woman (black) showing up at the bank where she worked and took a racist attitude toward my friend. Wtf..

I mean, not that all people are perfect or never allowed to be in a bitchy mood, but come on now...that woman would have prob raised cain if a white women had done that to her, but I guess being a darker tone excuses her racism as not being as bad? Or so she might think.

People collectively act stupid and ignorant and too stuck on an me/us vs them attitude. Always gotta find someone to be the odd one out. Humanity needs a time out.

10+ Year Old Account

Koreans experienced some racial tensions with black people in California after the 1992 riots. In 2014, though, it's almost non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Don't know really.. India, Japan and China are incredibly racist countries, so are a lot of African countries. I guess that could create some stereotypes.
    It has been my experience in the asian countries I visit that they're racist right up to the point where you start speak the local language, at which point they treat you just like any other person.

Put shortly, it's not racism so much as just annoyance towards people who don't even try to learn the local language. Kind of like how we get mad at people who can't learn to speak English here. In my birth country (asian), if you speak the language and have a basic clue about social norms, then they don't care what you look like. Even more so with newer generations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    It has been my experience in the asian countries I visit that they're racist right up to the point where you start speak the local language, at which point they treat you just like any other person.

Put shortly, it's not racism so much as just annoyance towards people who don't even try to learn the local language. Kind of like how we get mad at people who can't learn to speak English here. In my birth country (asian), if you speak the language and have a basic clue about social norms, then they don't care what you look like. Even more so with newer generations.
    I guess it depends where you go, a friend of mine lives in India (he's white), and has completely given up trying to date Indian girls because of the amount of threats (and once an actual beating) he gets for it. Heard a lot of "horror stories" from Japan as well..¨

Not saying they're all racist, just that it's a lot more accepted in society there.
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-03-31 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I guess it depends where you go, a friend of mine lives in India (he's white), and has completely given up trying to date Indian girls because of the amount of threats (and once an actual beating) he gets for it. Heard a lot of "horror stories" from Japan as well..
    To be fair, India is all sorts of fucked up. Most of the Japan horror stories I hear are about buying homes there. That and some public bath stories, but I figure those are more funny than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people take comedy seriously?

Besides the Korean vs Black people stereotype people are just joking.

Jamaica is full of people with Chinese and Black ancestry.

Quote Originally Posted by Adocul View Post
    Because cherry-picking resources means that they value Africa highly, it's not even a high priority development area compared to South America.
    It's valued heavily for its resources. So failed attempt at semantics on your part aside, "yes", the continent is valued.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2014-03-31 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    There aren't many british in Holland either, doesnt mean i hate the british?
    Because British people are a race, right? Totally comparable to what the OP is talking about.