Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

This made me chuckle.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Ok I got a question for those who have been playing it on PC.

Dose the graphics at High/Max look as good as the trailers from 2012/2013.

Normally graphics dose not bug me but I watched Gamespots video and I am personally not impressed at all when it comes to Graphics. Also to me all the trailers have made it feel like you can go in any building but that also seems to not be true.

I am still interested in the game but after finally getting to see some gameplay on the platform I want to play it on "Ps4" My hype for it has died down a lot. Its even gotten to the point where I have though about canceling my pre-order and buying something else.

I still want to check it out but all the side missions I have seen look bla and the only mini games that look fun is the "Trips" or whatever they are called. Also Blackout and other abilitys being tired to a crafting system to me is kinda annoying. I wasn't expecting to spam it just maybe have it on CD or somthing.

I still mite get it since I do already have it paided off its just the hype has died down a lot for me.

Also WTF is up with the 100's of different pre-order or bonus versions across all platforms.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get it Jt, it won't depreciate in value much because it will be highly sought after second hand anyway. The hype dying down is probably a good thing, you go in expecting too much and it will be harder to deliver the goods. If I had a ps4 I'd buy it straight away, mainly because there aint much else I'd want :P

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Just get it Jt, it won't depreciate in value much because it will be highly sought after second hand anyway. The hype dying down is probably a good thing, you go in expecting too much and it will be harder to deliver the goods. If I had a ps4 I'd buy it straight away, mainly because there aint much else I'd want :P
    Good chance I will just because I don't have much to play on my Ps4. I wouldn't say I was super hyped I was just excited because of the concept of it. But the more I see the more it looks like GTA with "Hacking"

I'm sure ill still enjoy it. I'm not one to normally bitch about graphics but this dosen't look much better then GTAV at lease to me on ps4. But that is watching via a youtube video maybe in person it will look better.

Kinda why I wanted to know dose it look as good as the trailers/demos from 2012/2013 on pc.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-05-24 at 09:53 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    To be fair, they learned their lesson with that. AC4 was so damn smooth.
    Not really no. AC4 ran like complete horseshit for a very long time. I can now run AC4 with everything on high without dipping below 60 fps, when it launched I could barely get 15fps with everything on the lowest setting.

And then they say shit like this:
    It's always a question of compromise about the effect, how it looks, and the performance it takes from the system. On PC, usually you don't really care about the performance, because the idea is that if it's not [running] fast enough, you buy a bigger GPU. Once you get on console, you can't have this approach.
    http://www.videogamer.com/pc/assassi...c_version.html

Looks really nice on PC. I am a console gamer mainly but I do feel from what I seen that they could have pumped the graphics up just a bit more on Ps4. Then again I did watch a youtube of it so that mite not help any. Ill get it tuseday and judge it myself.

I kinda hope since the new consoles are more like PC's then before that patchs can come out that makes the games run and look better later on.

I know if I want PC graphics get a PC but I do feel it lacks a bit more then it should on new gen consoles. I'm not good at it and not trying to turn this into a Console Vs PC setup but are you able to post a screen shot of the Ps4/XboxOne version next to the PC version same screen and all and see how it looks?????

I just feel it lacks but maybe thats me and its better in person

My Pre-Order is paided off so ill still get it and good chance I enjoy it. I'm kinda worried the story is halfassed. To me Gameplay/Story ranks above graphics.

I'm not as hyped as I was but that could be a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marika View Post
    Not really no. AC4 ran like complete horseshit for a very long time. I can now run AC4 with everything on high without dipping below 60 fps, when it launched I could barely get 15fps with everything on the lowest setting.

Ya AC4 ran like shit on PC for awhile. Thats why I rebought it for Ps4. If it wasn't for the fact I got it half off on PC I wouldn't have rebought it at all.

My computer isn't the best in the world "Its really shitty to tell the truth" but I was getting at most 25fps on the most low settings with fps drops all over the place.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-05-24 at 12:10 PM.

Ya AC4 ran like shit on PC for awhile. Thats why I rebought it for Ps4. If it wasn't for the fact I got it half off on PC I wouldn't have rebought it at all.

My computer isn't the best in the world "Its really shitty to tell the truth" but I was getting at most 25fps on the most low settings with fps drops all over the place.
    Really? I never played AC4 past the few days when it was released and the performance was disastrous indeed, was it really fixed for PC? I didn't really follow fixes since. Any patches out or something?

A local newspaper here in Chicago did a profile on Watchdogs.

Very amusing how the game renders the city and it's landmarks. As well as adding things completely idiotic like mountainous backdrops in Chicagoland neighborhoods.

I am sure the gameplay will be at least competent but will still chuckle at the stupidity of the game designers wasting time on rendering an American city if it is as fictional as reported.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Really? I never played AC4 past the few days when it was released and the performance was disastrous indeed, was it really fixed for PC? I didn't really follow fixes since. Any patches out or something?
    Mostly driver optimizations for Nvidia cards, but yeah it runs waaaaaay better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Very amusing how the game renders the city and it's landmarks. As well as adding things completely idiotic like mountainous backdrops in Chicagoland neighborhoods.

I am sure the gameplay will be at least competent but will still chuckle at the stupidity of the game designers wasting time on rendering an American city if it is as fictional as reported.
    Would you rather them have invisible walls you can't cross?

Would you rather them put an ocean there so you can't cross it?

Open world games need to have some barrier that you can't cross, SHOCKER. Where you bitching about the fact that Jersey City in GTAIV was an island too? How about the fact LA was 3/4ths surrounded by water in GTAV?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

if i recall GTA5 is an an island, right? it is supposed to be in LA but because open world game should have limitation, they decided LA is an island.
    So that ubisoft decided on mountain rather than ocean to limit there open world does not shock me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Would you rather them have invisible walls you can't cross?
    Yes, or a more thematic limitation than mountians in the hybrid Chicagoland suburbs/Humbolt Park/Lake View.

Where you bitching about the fact that Jersey City in GTAIV was an island too? How about the fact LA was 3/4ths surrounded by water in GTAV?
    Don't be dramatic. No one is "bitching". I find it amusing.

And yes, I thought it was pretty worthless and silly in GTA as well. Though if I recall correctly GTA has historically cleverly danced around actual American cities. They are based off US cities, like Miami or Oakland. But the games never state, "This is Miami", which does give GTA the license to design the locales as they wish.

Naming a city Miami or Chicago and representing those cities inaccurately is not very valuable to game design. It's kind of a waste of time. You could have just made it up; Vice City or Midtown. There is nothing the designer gets out of an inaccurate presentation besides fantasy.

Mostly driver optimizations for Nvidia cards, but yeah it runs waaaaaay better now.
    Oh... Any clue about AMD? :S

GTA is it's own "universe" that has cities only inspired on real-world ones. They aren't trying to re-create them so the point is moot.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    GTA is it's own "universe" that has cities only inspired on real-world ones. They aren't trying to re-create them so the point is moot.
    I hope you like the taste of your foot, because it's about to be in your mouth.

http://www.vulture.com/2008/05/rocks...an_houser.html

Seems Rockstar disagrees with you. The main reasons they redid LC and LS this gen was to do them right and actually re create NY/LA.

In that interview Rockstar state they are trying to go for the "essence" of a locale. They even say somewhere between a cartoon and movie feel.

Also, GTA4 takes place in Liberty City- based off of New York City.

Being based on a real locale is a totally different set of circumstance from trying to represent a locale as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people playing a pirate version on the PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Are people playing a pirate version on the PC?
    Pretty much every version has leaked now. Started with the Xbox One version a few days ago.

It ran without a hitch for me. Sure, not at complete Max, but then again my computer is starting to show some age.