Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stunning new PC trailer for Watch Dogs!

You realize that trailer is the same as the last ps4 one right(same scenes) and side by side it only looks slightly better?

Trolley hard or just forgot glasses.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dunno, it looks very good to me. better than most game i play currently, i don't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    Trolley hard or just forgot glasses.

I think you need to put on your glasses, that is ps4 footage with a lot of the same scenes and it looks 95% identical. The only things different are the bonus nvidia features which won't even run well on amd cards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

I think you need to put on your glasses, that is ps4 footage with a lot of the same scenes and it looks 95% identical. The only things different are the bonus nvidia features which won't even run well on amd cards.
    Who buys AMD cards for high end gaming anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    High end gaming would imply you are talking about a high end game. Watch Dogs is not, it's a cross gen game built for consoles. It's not even a next gen port, but a cross gen one.

My entire point is that this game won't be optimized or look that great on PCs, people somehow are still delusional and think it will look like the 2012 tech demo when even the PC trailers proves it's not even close to that level of graphical fidelity.

High end gaming would imply you are talking about a high end game. Watch Dogs is not, it's a cross gen game built for consoles. It's not even a next gen port, but a cross gen one.

My entire point is that this game won't be optimized or look that great on PCs, people somehow are still delusional and think it will look like the 2012 tech demo when even the PC trailers proves it's not even close to that level of graphical fidelity.
    Welcome to Wrongville, population: You

This coming from the "expert" who stated as fact in this thread that development started in 2012 (so the PC E3 gameplay footage in June 2012 was after 6 months work?), that the playable PC version at E3 2012 was just a tech demo and it wasn't even going to look like that on a GTX 780 (it was running on GTX 680), that PS4 is the lead platform and the other versions will be ported from it (has been stated many times by Ubisoft that the PC is the lead platform and the console versions will be ported from it as they can easily just scale down the visuals), and that the PS4 has content that the PC won't have (nope, that "exclusive content" comes with several versions of the game on PC, just not the base game).

I don't know if you're a troll, or just unknowingly interpreting the information incorrectly to fit your opinion, but what I do know is that your statements are factually incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    This coming from the "expert" who stated as fact in this thread that development started in 2012 (so the PC E3 gameplay footage in June 2012 was after 6 months work?), that the playable PC version at E3 2012 was just a tech demo and it wasn't even going to look like that on a GTX 780 (it was running on GTX 680), that PS4 is the lead platform and the other versions will be ported from it (has been stated many times by Ubisoft that the PC is the lead platform and the console versions will be ported from it as they can easily just scale down the visuals), and that the PS4 has content that the PC won't have (nope, that "exclusive content" comes with several versions of the game on PC, just not the base game).

I don't know if you're a troll, or just unknowingly interpreting the information incorrectly to fit your opinion, but what I do know is that your statements are factually incorrect.
    Do you want to make a wager on the game looking like the 2012 tech demo maxed on pc?

BTW your lack of knowledge is showing, it wasn't running on a gtx 680 it wasn't running on any graphics card. It was running on a 4x xeon cpu setup which costs well over 10 grand. It is an obvious tech demo that was never going to look like that, and notice how that PC trailer looks nothing even close to the 2012 demo?

My shit is factually incorrect? Better check yourself before you even reply with bs like this.

Oh and if you really believe the PS4 doesn't have exclusive content you should check your shit once again. The PS4 has 4 exclusive missions that make up about an hour of gameplay just as AC3/FC3/AC4 have as part of ubisoft's partnership with Sony. The other stupid preorder dlc is not the exclusive content and that ps4/ps3 exclusive content IS NOT preorder DLC it comes with every copy of the game regardless.

Check your own facts before you reply with dumb shit like this.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-04-11 at 07:37 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    at the end the day, does it really matter? I'm sure Watch Dogs will look fantastic, even if not as crisp as some E3 demo except maybe of very high end computer. But beside Tech614, people really care that much about extreme graphic performance.

The game seems really fun, the interaction with the city via hacking, using it in inventive way to give me an advantage on the battle field, that is something i look forward too, that i can clearly see the pilosity of the Aiden Pearce's right arm or a flawless reflection of the sun in a water pond, i don't care that much.

I elect to play on PC mainly because this game will require aiming and shooting and i prefer controlling such game with a mouse. Also, the price will be more attractive on PC.

We've talked about this here before that PS4 has a deal with Ubisoft to be the "official" console.
    There is a PS4 Watch Dogs bundle but there is also a NVIDIA Watch Dogs bundle as well.
    PC has exclusive content, PS4 has exclusive content, some of it is the same content, PS4 will get a free DLC exclusively mission.
    While PC has shown 4 exclusive look for your character while PS4 has one (that PC also has).
    In the end, PC get 5 exclusive look for your character, PS4 get one, but they do get that free DLC exclusively mission.

To the point: Fact is that Ubisoft stated that this game was developed on PC, and as PC is main platform, it's ported over to console and the graphics on consoles have less power to run these PC special effects, that you can see here:

Now.. You try to say otherwise, that's okay but you have to stop now because you are spreading lies as you are going against what Ubisoft officially had said and has shown.. This is stupid. Let it go. Some of us are actually eager to enjoy this game and don't need to read about your theories for pages and pages.

Last edited by Master Po; 2014-04-11 at 07:52 AM.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...=799793&page=8

Seems you can read this thread and almost all the people agree with me.

Keep clinging to hope PC Master Race thinking your game will look like the 2012 tech demo, everyone else(including 90% of your PC gaming community) disagrees with you.

Amazing PC graphics, not. Just a cross gen game showing it is a cross gen game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    at the end the day, does it really matter? I'm sure Watch Dogs will look fantastic, even if not as crisp as some E3 demo except maybe of very high end computer. But beside Tech614, people really care that much about extreme graphic performance.

The game seems really fun, the interaction with the city via hacking, using it in inventive way to give me an advantage on the battle field, that is something i look forward too, that i can clearly see the pilosity of the Aiden Pearce's right arm or a flawless reflection of the sun in a water pond, i don't care that much.

I elect to play on PC mainly because this game will require aiming and shooting and i prefer controlling such game with a mouse. Also, the price will be more attractive on PC.
    I know, right! I pre-orderded the game already and I'm really looking forward to try these outfits out:

Deleted
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...=799793&page=8

Seems you can read this thread and almost all the people agree with me.

Keep clinging to hope PC Master Race thinking your game will look like the 2012 tech demo, everyone else(including 90% of your PC gaming community) disagrees with you.

Amazing PC graphics, not. Just a cross gen game showing it is a cross gen game.
    I'm sorry you bought AMD but please don't take it out on us.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry you bought AMD but please don't take it out on us.
    oh come on, don't be mean now ^^

i have a HD7970. it's not a titan but still a decent card even if it's an AMD.

BTW your lack of knowledge is showing, it wasn't running on a gtx 680 it wasn't running on any graphics card. It was running on a 4x xeon cpu setup which costs well over 10 grand. It is an obvious tech demo that was never going to look like that, and notice how that PC trailer looks nothing even close to the 2012 demo?
    First off, I don't recall mentioning the CPU, not only because it was never publicised (or even true - thanks Google!), but also because it's mostly irrelevant for gaming performance compared to the GPU. Second of all, you seem to have left out what GPU was actually used. Third, most sites reported it being run on a single GTX 680. Here's a link to one. Do you have links to any of your "facts"?

Oh and if you really believe the PS4 doesn't have exclusive content you should check your shit once again. The PS4 has 4 exclusive missions that make up about an hour of gameplay just as AC3/FC3/AC4 have as part of ubisoft's partnership with Sony. The other stupid preorder dlc is not the exclusive content and that ps4/ps3 exclusive content IS NOT preorder DLC it comes with every copy of the game regardless.

Check your own facts before you reply with dumb shit like this.
    lol Like I've said many times, that hour extra content is on PC as well, just not in the basic version of the game. Check the Digital Deluxe Edition if you like. This same thing happened with AC3 too. So the only supposed benefit of the PS4 version is you don't have to pay extra to get that hour extra content, but you're paying more for the game anyway as it's a console game, so the PC version is complete, is cheaper, and looks/runs better.

Anything else you'd like me to clear up?

Back on topic, some good news for the PC version in that Uplay will only be required for a one-off registration for the game and any DLC in future. Link
    Last edited by Mothhive; 2014-04-11 at 12:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people do. Their high end cards is directly competing with the gtx 780/780ti/titans that Nvidia have. They are not doing nearly as well on the cpu side of things in the i7 cpu's and above category though.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    A lot of people do. Their high end cards is directly competing with the gtx 780/780ti/titans that Nvidia have. They are not doing nearly as well on the cpu side of things in the i7 cpu's and above category though.
    AMD is better on price/performance. What i mean is intel CPU are superior but AMD are cheaper and decent. I personally use a AMD FX 8350 8core at 4GHz, i'm very satisfied so far, got it a lot cheaper than an intel 8 core of same power would be.

Top of the line you want Intel/nVidia combo
    Best bang for your buck you want AMD/AMD combo.

this is not set in stone obviously and depends on deal you might get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Yeah they directly compete, in power consumption and price. They fairly easily beat Nvidia counterparts in those regards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    AMD is better on price/performance. What i mean is intel CPU are superior but AMD are cheaper and decent. I personally use a AMD FX 8350 8core at 4GHz, i'm very satisfied so far, got it a lot cheaper than an intel 8 core of same power would be.

Top of the line you want Intel/nVidia combo
    Best bang for your buck you want AMD/AMD combo.

this is not set in stone obviously and depends on deal you might get.
    No it's not.