GTA 5 flash drive?

I'm trying to figure out the best flash drive for under 20 bucks that I can buy to install GTA 5 to. I realize there are certain stats but I was hoping to get linked to a good suggestion by the people here who have experience with this stuff.

My questions are:

A) Which disc do I install to the 360 and which to the USB?
    B) What is the best USB drive choice for under 20 dollars?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortera View Post
    I'm trying to figure out the best flash drive for under 20 bucks that I can buy to install GTA 5 to. I realize there are certain stats but I was hoping to get linked to a good suggestion by the people here who have experience with this stuff.

My questions are:

A) Which disc do I install to the 360 and which to the USB?
    B) What is the best USB drive choice for under 20 dollars?

This kind of stuff isn't allowed on these forums.

I'm not sure what OP is trying to accomplish. Is this like an emulator thing?

I just read the rules. Which one did I violate exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post

No... You can buy a USB drive to install the GTA 5 discs to rather than your harddrive and it improves performance. There is a guide on how to do this by Major Nelson from Microsoft. It's not illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is for the 360 version you require a 16GB flash drive formated to Fat32 it will only work with that size and format. Only install the install disc not the play disc as
    GTA V uses some wierd streaming tech that reads from the play disc at the sametime as the installed data. If you install both disc's you will have performance issues.
    The installed data runs faster off your usb drive rather then the shitty 360 hd.
    Last edited by Shiatan; 2014-03-31 at 10:11 PM.

Can you offer me a preferred model of usb? I hear there are different speeds and some might not work as well as others even if advertised to be the required speed.

It is for 360.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    This kind of stuff isn't allowed on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post

He isn't emulating. The 360 supports Flash Drives as portable storage for installing game discs (which is required to play this game).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

lol at guys thinking he is talking about pirating.

GTAV is designed to stream from 2 sources at once, either an HDD and disc or an HDD and an external drive. An external drive is going to give you better and faster performance then the disc.

Just never install both discs to the same drive, or you will have pop in out the ass. The PS3 digital version runs like ass because of this.

Just the wizardry they had to get around when making a game such as it on 512 mb of vram.

Can anyone offer any insight about the drive I just linked?

Quote Originally Posted by Fortera View Post
    Can anyone offer any insight about the drive I just linked?
    Should work, I have my halo 4 on a really crappy Walmart brand one, Didn't have any issues, you just can't use the USB for anything else, or change anything on it or it will delete everything..

Sucks you can only spend 20$ I got a huge hard drive for 360 super cheap online now that the one is out.