Poll: Do you approve of the Censor of Eternal Agony?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Yes it is. It is players fighting other players, which definitely counts as PvP. Just because you get your feelings hurt doesn't mean you get to redefine PvP.
    That's anecdotal evidence at best. Sorry, but I see otherwise on my server all the time.
    SS-TM was never even or fair. Nor was STV, again just because you get your feelings hurt doesn't mean that PvP isn't PvP
    Don't have your cooldowns? Too bad. Aren't able to fight back? Too bad. Don't have PvP gear? PvE gear works just fine. Engaged with an elite? Too bad. It's still PvP.
    Ok, so it's technically PvP. Why is it desired gameplay? Just saying it's PvP doesn't mean it's a good thing. This problem isn't that WPvP is sometimes unfair, it's that it always is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, only because of the endless amount of crying it has caused.

I think it's kind of moronic. Anytime I've wanted to murder my own faction, it's definitely NOT been on Timeless Isle.

That said, it lets people who think ganking/griefing is PVP get their fix in a place where they're fairly easy to get away from, so, have at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will approve of the item when it's no longer PvE-players dominating the scene.

No problem at all, I'd say
    If you're in PVP Server, get ready to be ganked anywhere dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    *WOW-Killer, a mythological MMO which would pull 7 million players away from WOW. As of yet no MMO has been worthy of this title. Some feel it will be heralded by a star in the East and 3 wise nerds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Ok, so it's technically PvP. Why is it desired gameplay? Just saying it's PvP doesn't mean it's a good thing. This problem isn't that WPvP is sometimes unfair, it's that it always is.
    No, it just the only reason PvP servers exist. If you hate unfair PvP, or you don't feel like you're good enough to outplay somebody who attacks you with a wetnoodle elite attacking you, might I suggest a PvE server? You're essentially claiming that the one defining aspect of PvP servers is bad or wrong.

I think it's great. I've never used it (and probably won't), but I like killing censers almost more than I like killing Alliance. And I REALLY like killing Alliance.

Deleted
    People wanted world pvp and they got it.

Censor users should be hostile to other censor users, only make them friendly if they're grouped together. Dont give the item a CD, don't make it drop you to 10% HP either. The way it currently works almost enforced you to prey on low geared people and stay away from places where alot of people farm. If I wanna play basketball I'd rather play against other adults, not a bunch of toddlers. It's the same in WoW, most geared people actually have censor enabled these days. When I go to Isle all I can occasionally kill is a low geared person who is either alliance, or a Horde who'll start QQing. People who use censor are obviously people who wanna PvP, why they made all censor users friendly to eachother is really beyond me.

Between the Censor complaints and the recent random BG queue issues, this community has taught me that there is apparently a monumental difference between killing someone with a blue icon next to his name and killing someone with a red icon next to his name.

For their own sakes I hope these people never take an interest in Rated BGs. They might have an aneurism.

Seems like a neat idea. It can level the playing field a little bit on side-biased servers. For instance, ours is like 70% alliance, so finding a bunch of horde to kill would be harder than using the censer and killing my own dudes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

A group trying to 5 man a world boss?

FREE COINS

Scummy item.

I rolled on a PVP server. Sometimes someone kills you and it doesn't matter if its horde or ally.
    If you don't like being ganked on a PVP server, transfer your toon.

You can't be killed like this on a PVE server unless flagged. If you don't like it, either don't get flagged or don't go island. Its a big world.

J.

10+ Year Old Account
    It needs a better implementation, such as the ability to create separate factions. Instead of Horde, Alliance and Censer, it could be Horde, Alliance, Censer, Guild 1, Guild 2, Party 1, etc.

More player-made factions would be the icing on the cake. I like the idea behind Censer, but I think it was just poorly implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    The only people who complain about this item are the ones that join a server where their faction dominates because they want an easy time in a pvp server and still feel like they're "hardcore" but what this item does is take away that easy mode they so love since they can be attacked by either side.
    No, most of the people complaining aren't interested in PVP at all, or at least not world pvp. They moved to the realm because they knew people there or that it had a very high population, which many PVP servers for horde EU has at least. More people makes for a better mmorpg experience, but not with PVP in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by speehs View Post
    I think it's great. I've never used it (and probably won't), but I like killing censers almost more than I like killing Alliance. And I REALLY like killing Alliance.
    I never pvp, but whenever I see a censure-player, I attack him if I feel that I can win. I never attack alliance though. They are so few in numbers and are just trying to get by, awww, I feel sorry for them.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Says the person that plays horde on a massively horde heavy server.
    Reroll alliance on your realm and let's see how quickly you change your mind...
    And its nice that you can bat your eyes and have a bunch of people that will run out and protect you, some of us don't have people willing to drop everything and come kill people that are ganking or griefing us.
    Well, why would anyone do that? I don't care about fair. I only care about killing alliance. And it might be a horde thing, but outside of city raids, Horde always seemed to come throw down when shit is happening than the Alliance. My serving sample is low, only had brief periods when I was playing on Alliance toons.

I don't attack people in World PVP because it's cheap. Whether this is 'Warcraft' or not, I'd rather get on with my day than run around bothering people just to get my jollies. PVP server or PVE server, I don't care. If someone had told me at some point that Blizzard would introduce a same-faction-PVP option for people to take advantage of before this even existed, I'd have said it's the dumbest thing ever. Whether it addresses 'faction imbalance' or not.

Want faction balance? Make Timeless Isle a CRZ between two imbalanced servers and allow multiple instances of the same area. It's not impossible to achieve considering Ashran is just that. The same way they didn't foresee swoop n ganks when flying released, they didn't expect this to be an issue for people. It's just bad judgment.

People trying to justify it don't know good PVP. It's generally consensual and involves large numbers of opposite factions attacking each other. Not some moron who gets happy off seeing how upset people get when he attacks them whilst they're trying to play the game they enjoy in their own way without adversely impacting someone else.