Do I really need to upgrade my computer, specs inside.

Hi everybody, I built my computer 1 1/2 year ago and we all know how fast technology goes every year. Everything get better ever year. I wanted your opinion to see if I really need to upgrade my computer, if not, why? if yes, which parts and why. What i have is:

CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified
    ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5 Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
    Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics
    ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
    Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
    Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler
    Corsair mid tower 200r and window 7.

Overall, what scale would you rate my computer 1 to 10. I only play world of warcraft on my computer. I'm hoping with new expansion set, I'm still able to play on max setting with my video card (Radeon HD 7870 2Gb)

Hope to hear your feedback soon. Thanks!

Only thing that would help is a newer GPU, the 3570k is still a damn good CPU(and the GPU is still pretty good as well). You could wait for the beta to come out and people to start benchmarking to see if a upgrade is necessary or not. Otherwise, your computer still looks solid.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

That's great, any idea if my video card can run at max setting easily with new WOW expansion coming out this fall?

Quote Originally Posted by brentrich View Post
    That's great, any idea if my video card can run at max setting easily with new WOW expansion coming out this fall?
    No idea whatsoever

Until people get into the beta and start running benches, we don't really know how it will perform. Then again, it would also be a beta, so it might get better or worse as things go.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no reason to believe that your GPU will have any problems with WoD. A card half it's power will max out WoW's gpu needs as it is, and I doubt WoD will double that requirement, or a very large fanbase (read: millions) will be quite displeased.

As for the CPU, I doubt it will make much difference. Maybe a little, and yes, thats a damn good CPU (It's what I have, and I have no plans to upgrade til 2015). If it isn't overclocked however, you should be doing that.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab