Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Or, you know, because people are rioting over a fucking game.

I'm guessing this happened because she was behind the cop line. Only an idiot (one who deserves some knocking out) would walk behind a riot cop line.
    She's a good 20-30 feet away from the "riot" line, as were a number of other people. Minding her own business. With friends. Holding bags. On the phone. On the way to her car. Yeah, a Goldberg spear was definitely not excessive in this situation.

And if it's that fucking serious, why did he go Lawrence Taylor on the female not even paying attention to the situation, when there were at least 3 other perfectly viable targets?
    Last edited by King Shark; 2014-04-02 at 02:33 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    But for something like that, a cop would get crucified.
    I wouldn't be so sure. The RCMP and city polices seem to be getting increasingly Americanized.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

What the fuck was that for?! She wasn't even doing anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is...someone "convientiently" didn't bother to post what went on before the cop did that. No one has any idea. What if she was threatening? What if she was throwing shit? What if she had been told time after time to get back...go away? So to just automatically bash the cop is wrong. As for the commentators...omfg..."She could have....broken her back"......reaching much? I just get really sick of seeing posters from other countries posting shit like this...yes shit. Ya know...worry about what happens in your corner and quit bitching about what happens here.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. The RCMP and city polices seem to be getting increasingly Americanized.
    When fatal officer involved shootings start happening without immediate inquiries then I'll start worrying.

She clearly had this coming. Always listen to the police! They are here to protect us!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    She clearly had this coming. Always listen to the police! They are here to protect us!
    Yeah. I bet she does the weed and downloads mp3s.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida

This is pretty much what the cop did not go for a rioter, not go for any of the guys nearby, he went for the weakest target he could find ^-^
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

15+ Year Old Account
    That escalated quickly.

On a side note, this video has annoying as shit after effects, which blur out 90% of the situation and is cut immediately after the girl goes down.

Also, it mentions that she is crying, and therefore cannot be "knocked out".

Apparently she was so engrossed in her phone she didn't notice the massive cluster fuck of people and police in the area, so she must have been pretty phased out.

I'm not condoning what the policeman did, however the title is inaccurate and the video is deliberately selective about what it shows.
    Last edited by Hottage; 2014-04-02 at 02:42 PM.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I did not say he was standing his ground. And you act like he shot her in the face.

I also did not necessarily justify what he did. All I did was give the reason why I think he did it, and why he could have felt like his friends and co-workers were in danger.
    You did actually justified what he did by saying "I'm guessing this happened because she was behind the cop line. Only an idiot (one who deserves some knocking out) would walk behind a riot cop line."

Sooo... make up your mind ty

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyways. The situation was contained. There was no active riot. The cop could have been like "Hey fuck you, stay behind the line." Instead He decided to go rogue and do it from behind.
    In Canada, if he pepper sprayed her...he might have gotten away with it.

But for something like that, a cop would get crucified.

I support the cops. I love the cops. I love that I can call on them if I feel threatened by a situation. But bad policing shouldn't be swept under the rug. It should be exposed, and beaten out with a duster.
    People like you make me sick. You sit there criticizing the job of our police and you arent even a citizen of our country.

The girl knew better than to waltz past the riot line / into the area where the cops were trying to contain the people. Cops go to sporting events all the time to keep the peace and this is just one good example of a cop doing their job when threats abound. The girl should have paid better attention than having her nose deep in her fucking cell phone surfing facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    People like you make me sick. You sit there criticizing the job of our police and you arent even a citizen of our country.

The girl knew better than to waltz past the riot line / into the area where the cops were trying to contain the people. Cops go to sporting events all the time to keep the peace and this is just one good example of a cop doing their job when threats abound. The girl should have paid better attention than having her nose deep in her fucking cell phone surfing facebook.

And people like you make me sick! defending the police state that you voted for.
    Cops are bullies, pigs and cowards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaandOmega View Post
    And people like you make me sick! defending the police state that you voted for.
    Cops are bullies, pigs and cowards.
    And they do the job that people like you won't do: protect the citizens where they live of rapists, murders, and thugs. They put their life on the line to keep you all cozy and warm in your house so you can play WoW all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another video that tells half of an event in order to stir an irrational emotional response from the public?

Sounds like a great video for a Police Brutality thread! Fuck da Police!

so what's the point of daily threads like this

not like any of you are going to get off your asses and do anything about it

this is less effective than slacktivism

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resies View Post
    so what's the point of daily threads like this

not like any of you are going to get off your asses and do anything about it

this is less effective than slacktivism
    You're complaining about complaining.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You see almost nothing. The people behind the massive wall of police just suffered from not knowing where they are. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time and somebody comes up behind them. That is what happens.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, so the actions of one person represent everyone of that profession?

Careful guys, there was a plumber in my area who murdered someone. Naturally, I've concluded that all plumbers are murderers. Don't let any murderous plumbers in your house. They can't be trusted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    Ah, so the actions of one person represent everyone of that profession?

Careful guys, there was a plumber in my area who murdered someone. Naturally, I've concluded that all plumbers are murderers. Don't let any murderous plumbers in your house. They can't be trusted.
    Maybe, just maybe the women getting knocked down by the police office was, in fact a murderous plumber?

THERE WAS NO FUCKING RIOT

Oh my god. There's people assembling. Let's knock some women out.
    Source on non existent riot status ?