So, besides using ToK and fortiying brew? pvp questions

How do you survive outside of burst with those two defensives down? Needing tips to perfect my monk in arenas and bgs so im trying to learn not to be dependent on things.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragaflask View Post
    How do you survive outside of burst with those two defensives down? Needing tips to perfect my monk in arenas and bgs so im trying to learn not to be dependent on things.
    If the attacks are not melees you can use Zen Med, if its spells you can use Diffuse Magic. Dampen harm isn't normally useful as no single attack does more than 20% of your life.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Keeping your Chi spell of choice on cooldown at all times will also help with some healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    If the attacks are not melees you can use Zen Med, if its spells you can use Diffuse Magic. Dampen harm isn't normally useful as no single attack does more than 20% of your life.
    I mostly use healing elixers, chi wave or diffuse, depending on how heavy the opposite side on magic damage. If the opposite team is smart they usually silence my zen :-(

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Keeping your Chi spell of choice on cooldown at all times will also help with some healing.
    chi wave all day long :-)

Don't forget to Transcendence out of nasty situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Enpoli View Post
    Don't forget to Transcendence out of nasty situations.
    Oh yea! I love running the flag in WSG and once i hit the flag room i can run around by myself solo by setting up transcendence strategic. Makes for a lot of craziness.

Outside of those spells you can use:
    - Transcendence
    - Disarm
    - Disable + los/kite + healing sphere's
    - Paralysis + FSK to escape and heal up
    - Use TeB stacks defensively to Chi wave + Expel Harm

Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    Outside of those spells you can use:
    - Transcendence
    - Disarm
    - Disable + los/kite + healing sphere's
    - Paralysis + FSK to escape and heal up
    - Use TeB stacks defensively to Chi wave + Expel Harm
    Thank you i will work on using a combination of everything :-)

Depending on your glyphs you can use FoF to gain 100% parry against melee cleaves. Make sure you have a transcendence set up at all times to port to if you need to. Outside of that, just make sure you play defensive through their cd phases. Kite, disarm, paralysis, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Arathirius View Post
    Depending on your glyphs you can use FoF to gain 100% parry against melee cleaves. Make sure you have a transcendence set up at all times to port to if you need to. Outside of that, just make sure you play defensive through their cd phases. Kite, disarm, paralysis, etc
    thank you, i do realize now that playing smarter as a monk is more rewarding than constantly trying to mongo stuff

You can also use your stuns for defence leg sweep fsk is a pretty good way to get out of trouble fast. Oh and paralysis is a life saver use this on those pesky dks before you try to run.....