Thread: What to dispell

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What to dispell

first off, Im a new Holy Pally (switched from Ret this season) in a 1700 exp RBG group.

In a recent RBG @ Silvershard Mines we faced a team the had 2 SPriests and an afflic lock and it seems they were always near where i was healing. We won the RBG, but i only had about 8 dispels compared to our other healers that had like 27-30 dispels. i dont like to dispell the priest DoTs or the afflict lock DoTs cause of the horror effect from priest or the silence from locks so i just heal through the damage,

Was i wrong? should i dispel them and eat the horror or silence?

You can dispell VT and UA only when all the conditions are met:

- You and your team are at a level of HP that will not put them in danger of dying for the duration of the silence/fear.
    - You are close to LoS or outside max range of anyone that could turn the burst on you.
    - You are not currently being focused.

In a random bg though, just be away from the focus fire and you're probably safe to dispel.

I wouldn't ever dispel ua, it does like 100k damage so just not worth it since the dot will do that much damage anyway. Leave dispelling to priests

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    I wouldn't ever dispel ua, it does like 100k damage so just not worth it since the dot will do that much damage anyway. Leave dispelling to priests
    If you have multiple healers in the RBG group and are coördinated well, there's absolutely no reason not to dispel UA. Most of the time the damage will get healed back up by random HoTs/smart heals anyways.

Mash that dispel button like its you just don't care.

Instead of doing other things like fear, they will have to spend more time reapplying dots. If they are being focused too, they will put out significantly less pressure.

Just save dispels for CC's and roots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk how many times i have to tell my healers to dispel surv hunter black arrow - mess's with their pressure soooo much.

Thanks for all the input

on side note i always make sure to dispel unholy dk stuff, rogue stuff, fears, and hunter stuff. it fucks up their damage sooooo bad, esp dks

10+ Year Old Account
    I would focus on dispelling enemy CC, as well as their main dps abilities such as Deep Freeze/Black Arrow/Soul Reaper etc.

A lot of the times it just depends on who you play with, and vs who you play. Generally focus on major dispellable offensive CDs, and enemy CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feddian View Post
    I would focus on dispelling enemy CC, as well as their main dps abilities such as Deep Freeze/Black Arrow/Soul Reaper etc.

A lot of the times it just depends on who you play with, and vs who you play. Generally focus on major dispellable offensive CDs, and enemy CC.
    I love tranq shotting away at a resto druid while my partners kick his face in =D

15+ Year Old Account
    It is more about what not to dispel rather than what to dispell. Some people say it is only useful to dispel ccs but I don't beleive that. If a team is going full 100% on your tank and you dispell that guy that has over 10 dots on him is will make a huge difference on him, making all those guys redot and if you keep doing it they will not get that far.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Depends on the situation i must say!

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    dont dispel UA. the silence and 50k+ crit sucks.

i dispel VT all day er day
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Well for one, you are a holy pally so you get no benefit from dispelling. Glyphed Rshams, monks and priests heal targets while dispelling them so they dispel spam in any situation, so if your teammate is one of them its no surprise they dispel alot. However your dispel also gets diseases which is really nice if they have an UH dk spreading dots everywhere. That said, as an hpally, save dispel for big boy stuff like deep, and mostly dispel people in cc like the other healers.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2014-04-04 at 05:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Well for one, you are a holy pally so you get no benefit from dispelling. Glyphed Rshams, monks and priests heal targets while dispelling them so they dispel spam in any situation, so if your teammate is one of them its no surprise they dispel alot. However your dispel also gets diseases which is really nice if they have an UH dk spreading dots everywhere. That said, as an hpally, save dispel for big boy stuff like deep, and mostly dispel people in cc like the other healers.
    You get the benefit of dispelling..by dispelling! not from the heal...hat is no reason to not dispel. The small heal is nothing compared to dispelling all of the enemies dots. Like I always tell people, as a healer it is much more important to try to stop damage from happening instead of trying to heal that damage. Peel a warrior of your heal friends, dispel those few dots. It will save you mana and people in the long run.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    You get the benefit of dispelling..by dispelling! not from the heal...hat is no reason to not dispel. The small heal is nothing compared to dispelling all of the enemies dots. Like I always tell people, as a healer it is much more important to try to stop damage from happening instead of trying to heal that damage. Peel a warrior of your heal friends, dispel those few dots. It will save you mana and people in the long run.
    Well yea you know what I mean. No additional benefit like other healers get. Dispelling most classes dots doesnt do much and dispel isn't cheap. 1 Holy shock will heal more than the dots will do and cost 1/2 the mana. Only important stuff like devouring plague, root for a healer in a solar beam, deep, or any cc you want to have your dispel available so just dispelling randomly isn't the best imo. An rsham can get away with a cheap dispel (since they have so much regen) that heals for 15kish also. Thats just my opinion, but I dont really rbg much so I could easily be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

When I am playing my rdruid this is the way I do dispels.

Is my dispel off CD and I am not in danger of dying? Dispel a healer.

That is how to win. I find that unless you are watching the field like a hawk or have your bars setup to show CC it is not like arena where you mostly hold your dispel for CC. In RBG you should be dispelling on CD and looking to dispel healers first, then dps that might be in trouble second. So say an average game lasts 10 minutes and you die 3 times. You should have roughly 50-60 dispels a game.

Id understand if a teammate had like 10 debuffs on him to dispel but what if targets only have the priest Dots or Lock dots on them? should i dispel that or no?

If there is nothing else around you that is a better target, yes. Like it was pointed out earlier most of those classes that rely on dots will take the time to put them back up. That stops them from doing something else and slows them down.

For example, let's say you are defending your FC with one other healer when you think you are going to get a return, but it does not happen and you are stuck there for the time being. A lock, and elemental, and a rogue roll up to try and kill or CC you. You shut down a lot of ele damage by dispelling their one dot, the lock is there to fear one healer and dps something else and the rogue is there to bomb and lock something down. If you wait to dispel the big stuff you will effectively be wasting your dispel. The first global the shaman is going to do is flameshock. You dispel that and he does no damage for at least 6 seconds. The lock won't try to fear you until he has dots up on his target so he gets the most out of his fear. Dispel right away and he either reapplies or soul swaps less dots around. In any case, if you hold your dispel for the fear or hex, you are going to get stunned to cover it and it will be wasted.

Dispel when it is on CD because almost every class will either have to do less damage, or reapply those debuffs and that is just more time for you to heal.