UI font suggestions?

What are your favorite fonts for clear, easy to read chat and unit frames? I am having trouble finding something that can be viewed at about 10 px with just shadow - no background panel. I've tried a lot of fonts beyond the default (e.g. Helvitica, ExpresswayFree, Accidental Presidency, etc.) but can't get something that reads just right on my 1680x1050 monitor.

I am not a fan of pixel fonts but maybe I just have not found the right one. I find them very hard to read in combat.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Arial, Helvitica, Segoe Light to name a few.

That said, at extremely low font sizes, there's nothing you can do about these fonts being unreadable since they rely on multiple pixels for blending to appear small and clear.

That said, 10px Arial reads fine on mine. That said I'd never use shadows on very small fonts, you're just asking for a mess.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-04-03 at 12:55 PM.

I mostly use the Bazooka font. I'm not sure how clear it is using your specifications, but I always find Bazooka fitting for unit frames and AddOns such as MSBT for example as it gives this 'action-comic' touch to the game. If you know what I mean

I use calibri (normal, bold, italic) supplied by tekeklies or whatever the addon is called. It replaces all the standard fonts, and is readable at small point sizes. Slightly broader than Arial Narrow, which shows up in a couple of places to squeeze more text into a small space, but the two are similar enough in styling that they fit together reasonably smoothly.