Question Grand Theft Auto IV, V

So the other day I scored a deal on GTA IV, and so far I've played it more than I've played GTA V. Sure V is a more polished game, but I find IV more enjoyable. I love playing online with friends in multiplayer, and so far I prefer IV's multiplayer. I don't know whether it's the city landscape that gets me, or the immersion. Which one out of the two do you think is a better game, regardless of when they were released?

I haven't played any GTA V yet since I don't own a console. I have played some GTA IV, but I didn't enjoy it very much when compared to San Andreas (or any other previous version I played). I disliked how the cars handled, how the main character moved/reacted slower to control input, how they stripped some features, how they expanded on the friend/girlfriend system and how gray the environment was (all compared to San Andreas). I prefer GTA games to be action orientated, rather than realism/immersion. From videos I've seen GTA V has easy car handling and is a bit over the top. So my pick would go to GTA V, regardless of wether or not I've played it.

haven't played IV and iv'e played an extensive amount of V. from what I know about IV is it is much more serious then V is. and sorry unless IV has a Trevor cameo I'll stick with V, plus living a stones throw away from LA I can say I feel much more at home in LS.

personally I think 4 is easily the better game because in my mind 5 doesn't exist until they release it on PC or at least give an estimated release date

4 is a better crime drama.

5 is a better video game.

Both are excellent but V improves on every single aspect of IV with the exception of the story. Not to say V's story is bad or anything, it just didn't have the impact on me that IV did. V has the better characters but the pacing is all over the place and the 3 character system doesn't do the story any favors.

Nothing will ever beat San Andreas' story. Give me an HD GTA:SA, I'll pay double what I payed for my used GTA:V. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Nothing will ever beat San Andreas' story. Give me an HD GTA:SA, I'll pay double what I payed for my used GTA:V. xD
    San Andreas Story? lmao, it was good until you left Los Santos, okay in San Fierro and the second you got to the desert it completely flew the coop. Don't get me wrong it was a fun game but anyone praising it for it's story which was just a jumbled mess of random shit to extend the game needs to re-evaluate their judge of stories.

Vice City and GTAIV are the only stories I would consider great in the GTA series. 3 and 5 are ok, 1 and 2 are non existent and San Andreas simply tried way too hard to make the game long and came out with a retarded story as a by product.

10+ Year Old Account
    GTA V was a complete disaster. they released the game half finished, then over a few weeks implemented tons of nerfs to everything to make it so people were forced to pay for shark cards, or spend hours on end farming missions to play the game free roam with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    GTA V was a complete disaster. they released the game half finished, then over a few weeks implemented tons of nerfs to everything to make it so people were forced to pay for shark cards, or spend hours on end farming missions to play the game free roam with friends.
    GTAV and GTA Online are separate entities.

There was nothing half finished about GTAV. The game is stellar, GTA Online is a disaster but everyone should of saw that coming in the first place.

Anyone who buys a GTA game for the multiplayer experience is doing it wrong. Rockstar gave you a polished 25 hour story. Claiming that GTAV was unfinished is laughable.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    haven't played GTA5 but i did prefer vice city and san andreas over GTA4.

GTA IV has much superior driving mechanics.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of story, I liked IV way more than V. In terms of SP gameplay, I liked V more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Can you explain that? GTA iv went for a bit more realism which was fun, did v go back to more arcade like handling?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay/fun, I'd vote V, all day long, but the story on V was horrendous, and it seemed the main theme was "Argument cutscene" "go for a long drive", rinse and repeat, it got to the point where yo ucould predict the next argument cutscene, followed by having to go for a long drive lol

IV however, I never completed, I got almost to the end, then my Xbox harddrive corrupted, and I lost it all Q_Q and I couldn't bring myself to play again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I don't agree with that myself, V is far more enjoyable on the driving, and handling is a lot better too, which added with the fact you can once again mod cars..It's a no contest.
    Ofcourse, the above is all my opinion, so results may vary:P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never played a GTA game on console...so IV is still > V for me, as V does not exist :P
    You're a towel.