Quote Originally Posted by Powpuff View Post
    Okey, I just have to stop you there. Evolution is not a positive force working towards a beneficial goal for a species. Saying "nature" doesn't want that, is just absurd.
    saying random stuff doesn't make them true, provide arguments or examples to back up your statements or don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    saying random stuff doesn't make them true, provide arguments or examples to back up your statements or don't bother.
    Says the person anthromorphizing natural selection? What a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Says the person anthromorphizing natural selection? What a joke.
    i'm sorry, but that's your mistake for taking my words literally.

i'm sorry, but that's your mistake for taking my words literally.
    You can't be bothered to use actual terminology, you anthromorphize 'nature', and then you demand proof of other people telling you that what you are saying indicates you don't understand how natural selection or evolution work.

But yes, it's my mistake for actually reading what you wrote, I apologize.
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

You can't be bothered to use actual terminology, you anthromorphize 'nature', and then you demand proof of other people telling you that what you are saying indicates you don't understand how natural selection or evolution work.

But yes, it's my mistake for actually reading what you wrote, I apologize.
    i don't use proper terminology because English isn't my native language, not even second, it's third, so i tried to explain my thoughts as simple as possible, while in the other hand you didn't make any sentence regarding this subject, and decided to criticize the word i used to communicate while it was perfectly clear what i meant.

i don't use proper terminology because English isn't my native language, not even second, it's third, so i tried to explain my thoughts as simple as possible, while in the other hand you didn't make any sentence regarding this subject, and decided to criticize the word i used to communicate while it was perfectly clear what i meant.
    Except it isn't. You keep claiming nature has a 'plan' and 'wants polar bears to survive', which is just untrue and denotes an pretty clear misunderstanding of evolution.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey, now Condi Rice is getting the 'Brendan Eich' treatment: http://www.wired.com/2014/04/dropbox-rice-controversy/

Over on Hacker News, a leading barometer for what’s on the minds of tech geeks, the day’s most popular link connects to DropDropbox, a new site calling on users to boycott the company unless it removes Rice.

The campaign’s apparently anonymous creators are calling for her removal in part because of her support for the Bush administration’s warrantless wiretapping program, including claims that Rice herself authorized eavesdropping on UN Security Council members. “Why on earth would we want someone like her involved with Dropbox, an organization we are trusting with our most important business and personal data?” the site asks.