Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    unfortunately it's still broken in some ways (cards still get stuck on the board, cards appear on the very left side, etc)
    They fixed that a while ago actually, I haven't seen that in a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I'm pretty sure yu-gi-oh! was beating magic in players last year, but in the long run, yeah, I don't see anything beating Magic. Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh! have a LOT more players than Hearthstone probably ever will.
    Oh stop lol. Both of those games are awesome, but they have hit there respective peaks in a lot of ways. Hearth stone is like a month old and already growing extremly rapid day by day. And with streaming it and the transition too phones/tablets and the pure accessibility of the game in the technological era, it has the opportunity to be the purely biggest ever until something else comes along. Not to mention they haven't even put the shovel in the ground yet as to dig out the possibilities it brings with future cards and card packs, esports, and if they felt like it making the cards available IRL for those without computers etc around the world. The other big name card games have pretty much dug out their foundation. Like i said, all are great games tho.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    A tiny little card game with hardly any depth or balancing can attract more users than wow? >.<
    well it depends on how many accounts are actually active. I haven't played for 6 months but I still have an account for Hearthstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    A tiny little card game with hardly any depth or balancing can attract more users than wow? >.<
    Well is a good game to play in your free time, for example:

I don't play that much but as soon as it comes out in tablet, i will play it a lot XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eren Yaeger View Post
    Well I encountered an issue with Flametongue Totem just a few days ago where my minions would randomly be placed on the left side of the board instead of on the right of the Flametongue like I told the game too. Hasn't happened before or since in some time but these issues can still appear from time to time it seems.

I have to agree with what a few others said in here. I also tend to become bored with HS after a few weeks max. But I keep returning though. I play for like a few weeks, then take a 1-2 month break, and then I play it again for a few weeks, over and over. The iPad version is probably going to make me play it even more, as I dislike pretty much any iPad game but still want something to do during my breaks in the working weeks. But until that's going to happen, I'm still waiting impatiently for the iPad version to launch in the EU. Hurry up Blizzard!!!

P.S.: I've heard that HS plays pretty buggy on the newest iPad Air so far. I hope it isn't too bad otherwise it would be a turn-off for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    I have to agree with what a few others said in here. I also tend to become bored with HS after a few weeks max. But I keep returning though. I play for like a few weeks, then take a 1-2 month break, and then I play it again for a few weeks, over and over. The iPad version is probably going to make me play it even more, as I dislike pretty much any iPad game but still want something to do during my breaks in the working weeks. But until that's going to happen, I'm still waiting impatiently for the iPad version to launch in the EU. Hurry up Blizzard!!!

P.S.: I've heard that HS plays pretty buggy on the newest iPad Air so far. I hope it isn't too bad otherwise it would be a turn-off for me
    Indeed, not all games are supposed to be so that you remain glued to them relentlessly day after day after day.

Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    Oh stop lol. Both of those games are awesome, but they have hit there respective peaks in a lot of ways. Hearth stone is like a month old and already growing extremly rapid day by day. And with streaming it and the transition too phones/tablets and the pure accessibility of the game in the technological era, it has the opportunity to be the purely biggest ever until something else comes along. Not to mention they haven't even put the shovel in the ground yet as to dig out the possibilities it brings with future cards and card packs, esports, and if they felt like it making the cards available IRL for those without computers etc around the world. The other big name card games have pretty much dug out their foundation. Like i said, all are great games tho.
    HS is very much a success in its initial launch ... BUT they now cater too much for the hardcore, pvp guys.

This game could have been so much better if they had more adventure type game play (read PVE) at launch.

That's why I have an extreme love/hate feeling about it. The UI/graphics/engine are top notch, but Mr and Mrs Casual will try it and drop it as soon as they meet the no lifers or geek crowd as Metzen called all these Blizzard fans at BlizzCon once.

With every passing week/month the pvp rankings get harder and harder, which is normal in pvp games.

I think though that focussing it all on rankings, arena play as a pvp focused game it doesn't suit the market Blizzard tries to conquer well.

Heartstone should be the casual fast playing game for everyone. Due to its created monthly ladder system and Arena play you just cater to the typical Blizzard player section THEY ALREADY HAVE.

So much more would have been possible if Mrs Casual would come in and had a great great time playing it on the tablet against "dungeon bosses" or other PVE puzzles and challenges.

I think the retention rate will be less than 15% over a few months and each new expansion launch in pvp will thin out the player base even more.

It is GREAT it assembled 10.000.000 players in its launching weeks. It is not so great to limit yourself (again) to the geek crowd.

That is something for D3 or HOTS. Hearthstone should be addressed at a much wider crowd on all these casual platforms but the harsh pvp system will make it too niche.

btw: at above: I installed it through the Canadian IPad shop and on my iPad4 it works perfectly and smoothly. If you have trouble, a reboot of your system could help but people with older iPad2's could experience the limits of their devices.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-04-04 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    So, as I expected and predicted: Hearthstone already passed the 10.000.000 account mark.

No doubt this will double in that huge tablet market.

Already the most played CCG in history and just one month launched on ONE platform...

Go figure...

link:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...ml?id=13614572

I wonder what these guys will say now that called it a niche product in a "niche" market...

Both yu-gi-oh and magic have more than that. How do you figure this is "the most played ccg in history" ?

Haven't you learned not to make false statements, cause you will be corrected instantly?

And even more, why haven't you learned that this game's success is not related to other games and will not, due to its nature, attract the same crowd? This is not magic, nor any other CCG. This is hearthstone. Speak about it properly, will you?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    Both yu-gi-oh and magic have more than that. How do you figure this is "the most played ccg in history" ?

Haven't you learned not to make false statements, cause you will be corrected instantly?

And even more, why haven't you learned that this game's success is not related to other games and will not, due to its nature, attract the same crowd? This is not magic, nor any other CCG. This is hearthstone. Speak about it properly, will you?

Where are the sources to people claiming magic and yu-gi-oh have more then 9-10 million players each? Not saying it isn't true, but without real true and defined sources in your post aren't you just making false statements as well? And also, how is he not speaking about it properly? o.0
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

I assume most of the players are those that just wanted the hearthsteed mount, and the excitement will die down pretty rapidly.

From what I know, there is no way to actually tell how many people play YGO or Magic. I know YGO has official tournament rankings and IDs registered to individuals, however, the competitive scene is so small compared to the whole. I've no idea if Magic has anything similar.
    Last edited by Eon Drache; 2014-04-05 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post

Can't find HS on the Appstore.

EDIT: I see that the release is still fairly limited. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I assume most of the players are those that just wanted the hearthsteed mount, and the excitement will die down pretty rapidly.

From what I know, there is no way to actually tell how many people play YGO or Magic. I know YGO has official tournament rankings and IDs registered to individuals, however, the competitive scene is so small compared to the whole. I've no idea if Magic has anything similar.
    The games are big, but it's not like that matters a whole lot for you when you most likely won't meet most of the other players, spread across the world. With online games everybody is more or less connected.

It doesn't matter anyway, the "biggest CCG" was obviously meant as the biggest virtual CCG.

That's part of the reason it is bigger than WoW currently. It's so easy to sit down and play, and it's not like there's a million things going on at once. Its accessibility and simplicity is what makes it good, kind of like WoW when compared to other MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    That's part of the reason it is bigger than WoW currently. It's so easy to sit down and play, and it's not like there's a million things going on at once. Its accessibility and simplicity is what makes it good, kind of like WoW when compared to other MMOs.
    Wouldn't really call WoW simple in comparison to other MMOs anymore. Almost all of the would-be competitors that's released after WoW haven't been terribly complicated (with good reason, as they don't need people getting turned off before they even get started).

But at the time, yes.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-04-05 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    10 million heartstone accounts vs 100 million wow account

it is 10 Million plus Registered accounts not players
    http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/..._million_plus/

Where are the sources to people claiming magic and yu-gi-oh have more then 9-10 million players each? Not saying it isn't true, but without real true and defined sources in your post aren't you just making false statements as well? And also, how is he not speaking about it properly? o.0
    http://www.examiner.com/article/hasb...athering-movie
    http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/27842.html
    http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...%20Remarks.pdf
    http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/21471.html
    http://faculty.bschool.washington.ed...oast%201.4.pdf
    http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/video-ga...ms-f8C11044163
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...nd_Prix_events

I was trying to find a graph with the growth of tournament attendance since January 2012 but can't find it atm. Suffice it to say things are steadily going up in all formats. Resellers are having more sales, more new players are joining the game, more tournaments worldwide are happening, etc.

From the links above, we see there were 12 million active players in 2011, with a 39% growth in 2012 and a 28% growth in 2013, so we can estimate current number of players to be around 21 million players.

For yu-gi-oh, I'd better consult with a friend of mine who isn't available now. When I do, I'll get back to you.

EDIT: He is not speaking about hearthstone properly because "being the biggest CCG in history" is not one of hearthstone's strengths. He should defend the game with it's real highlights, meaning price, accessibility, ease of learning, and a very different set of mechanics aimed entirelly at a digital game instead of a paper game. This game should not be compared with others, except to prove the point that it is quite distinct!
    Last edited by Snorkle; 2014-04-05 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    How are they counting players? Do I count because I own the game and have played? I shouldn't because I haven't opened it in over a month. Rather play D3 and HotS.

They don't say 10 million players, they say 10 million registered accounts. So yes, you count

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    So, as I expected and predicted: Hearthstone already passed the 10.000.000 account mark.

No doubt this will double in that huge tablet market.

Already the most played CCG in history and just one month launched on ONE platform...

Go figure...

link:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...ml?id=13614572

I wonder what these guys will say now that called it a niche product in a "niche" market...

you swallowed an sales pamphlet or something?

10million accounts...thats 10million that people have played it, minus all those who made multiple accounts, and everyone who just played for the hearthsteed...

also, most played CCG in history? um evidence please....
    and in one month launch? its been launched for ages, thats what open beta is nowadays, an official "launch" is just when devs feel they no longer have to make excuses for things that are bad/wrong.

stop swallowing the hype. its a decent game, but please, get some perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eren Yaeger View Post
    its still happening, it happens to me, and if you watch TB's vids, to him aswell. Also, end turn button is broken at times, cards get stuck on board, minions appear off board.....yeah for a live game, its pretty damm sloppy, esp one as simple as this one is.

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    They don't say 10 million players, they say 10 million registered accounts. So yes, you count
    Which is why 10 million accounts is a meaningless number. I'd say 10-25% of those are just from people who wanted the HS mount and logged in for 3 wins and will never play again. Now that D3 is out and I have it and other games I probably won't play HS much anymore if at all.

Signature Created by Jassinta

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Of course. And this is why;

It's free. It's not very time consuming. It's casual as fuck. It's very cozy.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann