This link summarizes class changes in the latest beta build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by collinsurvive View Post
    Wait, you're concerned with movement speed when you're not even currently using the movement speed boot enchant?
    Is this a joke? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    http://strawpoll.me/2380111

Holinkas poll, make him play aff so he can feel our pain.
    DKs are winning, need more locks!
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    DKs are winning, need more locks!
    Done! need 30 more votes!

bugs as follow:
    health -10% has not been restored;
    demo mastery bug leads demo -20% all damage.

lock perhaps have been abandoned.

well is he going to play it on Beta or Live?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogarr View Post
    Testet Oregorer mythic a bit.

Some facts

WL's were top dmg, that was nice to see. (25-32k dps)
    First entrys in skada where: Petattack, Impattack, ToC, far after that: Doomguard, Doom, Corruption etcpp.
    Cataclysm was only 4% of the total dmg. hits for like 50k-100k on average, with Buffs up more. Best use AD talent and ignore the Glyph so you have more DS up in Meta.

Demo feels quite nice to play, miss the stancedance a bit and pets are way to OP. They could almost solo one of the oreboxes in P2 with dots as little extra. But all in all, nice. Maybe servitude gives even more dmg, cuz cataclysm was nerfed so hard singletarget, but we focused more on the fight, that tweaking dmg.

With ToC beeing that strong mobility isn't a Problem at all. Seems way to OP in comparison to Affl / Destro in other fights.
    I dont know why but I am happy that finally our pets are doing some decent damage
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by a C e View Post

well is he going to play it on Beta or Live?
    Beta, the point is to get people to que up for dungeons and pvp since people don't do that much on the beta. At least not in the scales I imagine they'd like.

We're winning but barely guys! keep it up!

I'm really growing frustrated with the blues' response to the warlock concerns. It seems that only the most confrontational posts get addressed, and then they are critical of the tone of the OP. It seems to me that warlocks have some significant and founded concerns about the WoD playstyle and it feels like the devs just keep telling themselves that everything is fine.

Affliction, for example is in a terrible place. Shard generation is painfully slow and so much of your time is spent channeling that it almost feels like going AFK. Without dot snapshotting, the spec is a shadow of its former glory.

Get out the vote to get someone to see that warlocks need some attention. I don't want to have to wait until the next big patch after WoD launches before someone actually starts fixing all the problems.

I hear what you are saying but then I see streams of high end players and it looks just fine! Warlock plays just like it plays now minus a poor mechanic aka snapshooting and a really not fun one called malific grasp...

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I hear what you are saying but then I see streams of high end players and it looks just fine! Warlock plays just like it plays now minus a poor mechanic aka snapshooting and a really not fun one called malific grasp...
    Malefic Grasp still in game. It only has a different name now.

Speaking of which, I haven't looked on it closer yet. Does Drain Soul execute range activates midcast now or do we have to recast it again after the target is in execute range?

Say we DS a target that is at 21% and after 1 tick the target does down to 20%. The next tick would be double damage because of execute range, or we need to recast it?

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Malefic Grasp still in game. It only has a different name now.

Speaking of which, I haven't looked on it closer yet. Does Drain Soul execute range activates midcast now or do we have to recast it again after the target is in execute range?

Say we DS a target that is at 21% and after 1 tick the target does down to 20%. The next tick would be double damage because of execute range, or we need to recast it?
    It seems to take a recast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    First, high-end players are doing competitive damage with it. That's great, but irrelevant, since numbers are going to be tuned. My following of top-end warlocks seems to indicate they too have some problems with the current state of things.

Affliction has changed more than you think. Here are a couple of the biggest contributors:
    - Casting MG on mobs when they die now only results in one shard, not a full set.
    - Soulburn: Soul Swap now costs a shard.

In an ideal world, this would mean you could swap dots onto a set of new adds (one shard each) and then you could MG them when each of them dies and get your shards back. However, if they are all dying at approximately the same time, you end up with a shard deficit. Also, if there are more than four adds, you can't dot them all.

A lot more of the damage has been rolled into MG casting and away from dots. This reduces warlock multi-target damage for higher single-target damage. The problem is that it leaves warlocks vulnerable to interrupts and spell locks since so much of their rotation is channeled in long casts. In these situations, they can't even fall back on Fel Flame, since it has been removed.

The reasoning behind the earlier affliction warlock design is that old affliction had terrible burst damage because it took so long before the dots could be applied. SB:SS allowed all the dots to go up at once (though Agony still had to stack up to do good damage). Being able to use haunt provided viable burst damage, and the drain soul shard refund allowed it to be sustainable. In warlords, warlocks cannot sustain add burst anymore.

Clearly the way affliction warlocks could exploit fights before shows a need for some change, but removing dot snapshotting alleviated the biggest problem. I think they should make draining souls when a mob dies give 2 shards instead of one, as it would be easier to sustain without causing imbalance.

Again, my criticism ins't about the damage warlocks are doing. I'm sure the damage will be competitive. Tuning is going to happen, and those discussions happen on the theorycraft threads. I just want the class to be fun to play and most of the WoD changes for warlocks (across all specs) have been causing problems in gameplay. That is what needs to be addressed. The problem with MG isn't the damage that it does - it's in the fact that the gameplay isn't engaging. You put up some dots, then your rotation is one button, pushed every three seconds. Dot snapshotting was an integral part of playing an affliction warlock; it made the spec a challenge and it paid off if you mastered it. Now playing affliction gives the feeling that something is missing. People describe it as dot, channel, and go afk. There needs to be some sort of mechanic to fill the void - some sort of proc or something to react to.

Lore ‏@CM_Lore 1h
    You have until 6pm PDT today to vote: http://strawpoll.me/2379831 What should I play tomorrow?
    vote for Destro so he can see how little fun it is now!

Unfortunately the hybrids aren't subject to the Ross Perot effect in this round.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2014-08-20 at 07:15 PM.

I don't think we have a chance in the Celestalon poll, and we may lose the Holinka one aswell

i'd love one of them to suffer Destruction in a dungeon run or pvp

Unlikely for Warlocks to win this one with as disgruntled as the Hunter community is >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Seems we will also lose this one
    http://strawpoll.me/2380111/r
    close enough, but I guess there are just more DK players out there

What are they angry about, Chimaera and Sniper Training?