Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'm not terribly worried just yet, but it was a little weird to make a premade destro, gem and enchant him up, be like "well, that's a nice bit of damage" then switch over Arcane Mage that's about 34 ilvls higher (507) and see her getting the same crits. Chaos Bolt should really be like a tractor trailer full of bricks being powered by a rocket booster.
    It should at least be more powerful than Pyroblast by far in PvP, seeing how Pyros can be crit-chained into each other with instant casts and have roughly the same baseline cast speed and (even more) damage. We can't instant CB, so it should hit like a truck if it goes through (which it doesn't very often).

Quite the opposite. A lot of Affliction were leaving their haste below 10,000 (forget the number) and just stacking Mastery.

Without breakpoints to worry about, so that every point of haste is useful, they should have been stacking it relentlessly if Haste is their stat of choice, yet clearly they've done nothing to facilitate that. I mean, I like the idea of using "the wrong stat" as I played a crit>mastery>haste Ele Shaman in T14 (my aoe/cleave and fulminations were amazing) but "doing it wrong" should never be the better option for all situations.

I'm not terribly worried just yet, but it was a little weird to make a premade destro, gem and enchant him up, be like "well, that's a nice bit of damage" then switch over Arcane Mage that's about 34 ilvls higher (507) and see her getting the same crits. Chaos Bolt should really be like a tractor trailer full of bricks being powered by a rocket booster.

hell yes is fakin awful god dammit wtfuck is blizzard thinking im expecting dmgs buff like 4 builds ago, CB needs to be the OH MY GOD THE WARLOCK IS CASTING FAKIN RUN AWAY, the OH DEAR LORD FOR GIVE US THAT WE HAVE SIN, its needs to be the OH GEZUS THE SKYS ARE TURING RED WE ARE DOOMED, right now is like:

DPS 1: -fuck bro i fucked up cuse i suck at being melee and train a kid in a wheel chair and now hes casting CB

HEALER:- np bro imma toss u 1 heal and all will be gud

DPS 1: - dont even bother brah imma be ok it will take like 10% of my HP u can keep running around and mogo all that u want while i keep trying that kid

DPS2: - IM GUD DUDE I SWEAR LOOK HOW IM NOT LETTING THIS KID PLAY OH MY GOD IM SO GUD AT BEING MELEE GEZ THAT 2 MOUNTHS BREAK OF WOW WATING FOR XPA MADE ME A BEAST AT PVP

DPS 1: YEAH I KNOW U ARE SO GUD LETS KEEP MONGOLING THIS KID DOWN

HEALER: you 2 stop talking shit that warlock manage to cast another cb full procs wtf

DPS 1: NP BRO TOSS ME A SHIELD it will hit like 5k WE GUD WE SHOULD BE GLAD

WTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

if i manage to cast a fakin cb w*o mobility w-o cc cuse the fukin mongo melees are inmune to cc;

warriors are inmune to fear, dks are inmune to cc for like 1 min or something, monks are monks and they will break your face at least they are like not viable, rogues will BoS the fuck out of u and stunlock u to death SOOOOOOOOOOOO if i manage to cast that shit right through all this bullshit train WHY IM REWARDED WITH 10% OF THEIR HP WWWWWWWWWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK man plz bring GC back the guy was awful but god knows that nothing is worse than holinka and celestalon

and just that make sure i make my post clear CB NEEDS TO HITS LIKE A TSUNAMY HITS ON JAPANA , ITS NEED TO MELT THE FACE OF THE KID IM HITTING, ITS NEED TO MAKE A HOLE IN THE ARENA WHEN IN CASTED CUSE IT HOLDS SO MUCH FREAKING DMGS.

im so mad atm i wanna beat the fuck out of celestalon for being that retarded for letting us go with a WETNOODLE CB on live oh my god he deserve and awful dead and cancer

and BTW who was the genius that didnt let destro have a fakin insta spell??????, we need something to juke spell reflect and groundings WTF do i need to srsly reflect a confla and grounding a confla? u shitting me bro? or do i need to be cced for the whole duration of it man im freaking upset right now
    Last edited by gez; 2014-09-11 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gez View Post
    hell yes is fakin awful god dammit wtfuck is blizzard thinking im expecting dmgs buff like 4 builds ago, CB needs to be the OH MY GOD THE WARLOCK IS CASTING FAKIN RUN AWAY, the OH DEAR LORD FOR GIVE US THAT WE HAVE SIN, its needs to be the OH GEZUS THE SKYS ARE TURING RED WE ARE DOOMED, right now is like:

DPS 1: -fuck bro i fucked up cuse i suck at being melee and train a kid in a wheel chair and now hes casting CB

HEALER:- np bro imma toss u 1 heal and all will be gud

DPS 1: - dont even bother brah imma be ok it will take like 10% of my HP u can keep running around and mogo all that u want while i keep trying that kid

DPS2: - IM GUD DUDE I SWEAR LOOK HOW IM NOT LETTING THIS KID PLAY OH MY GOD IM SO GUD AT BEING MELEE GEZ THAT 2 MOUNTHS BREAK OF WOW WATING FOR XPA MADE ME A BEAST AT PVP

DPS 1: YEAH I KNOW U ARE SO GUD LETS KEEP MONGOLING THIS KID DOWN

HEALER: you 2 stop talking shit that warlock manage to cast another cb full procs wtf

DPS 1: NP BRO TOSS ME A SHIELD it will hit like 5k WE GUD WE SHOULD BE GLAD

WTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

if i manage to cast a fakin cb w*o mobility w-o cc cuse the fukin mongo melees are inmune to cc;

warriors are inmune to fear, dks are inmune to cc for like 1 min or something, monks are monks and they will break your face at least they are like not viable, rogues will BoS the fuck out of u and stunlock u to death SOOOOOOOOOOOO if i manage to cast that shit right through all this bullshit train WHY IM REWARDED WITH 10% OF THEIR HP WWWWWWWWWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK man plz bring GC back the guy was awful but god knows that nothing is worse than holinka and celestalon

and just that make sure i make my post clear CB NEEDS TO HITS LIKE A TSUNAMY HITS ON JAPANA , ITS NEED TO MELT THE FACE OF THE KID IM HITTING, ITS NEED TO MAKE A HOLE IN THE ARENA WHEN IN CASTED CUSE IT HOLDS SO MUCH FREAKING DMGS.

im so mad atm i wanna beat the fuck out of celestalon for being that retarded for letting us go with a WETNOODLE CB on live oh my god he deserve and awful dead and cancer

and BTW who was the genius that didnt let destro have a fakin insta spell??????, we need something to juke spell reflect and groundings WTF do i need to srsly reflect a confla and grounding a confla? u shitting me bro? or do i need to be cced for the whole duration of it man im freaking upset right now
    For EMPHASIS! Now that's passion! Can't say as I disagree with you, Chaos Bolt has been a PVP black-eye since that day it got buffed and nerfed in one day. It's too good, it's not good enough... there's never a sweet spot (allegedly).

Quite the opposite. A lot of Affliction were leaving their haste below 10,000 (forget the number) and just stacking Mastery.

Without breakpoints to worry about, so that every point of haste is useful, they should have been stacking it relentlessly if Haste is their stat of choice, yet clearly they've done nothing to facilitate that. I mean, I like the idea of using "the wrong stat" as I played a crit>mastery>haste Ele Shaman in T14 (my aoe/cleave and fulminations were amazing) but "doing it wrong" should never be the better option for all situations.

Well you also have. 2.5 sec shadow bolt that hits for shit, so at least they are consistent with their stupidity. Cast time does not matter to them anymore.

Vision by Chadd "Celestalon" Nerfvig: Warlock in WoD

/cast Root @self;
    //I'm ready to DPS now!
    /cast Long Ass Spell;
    Log: "Long Ass Spell hits X for Noodles"
    //need to move
    /cast Fel Flame @totem
    Log: "That's a power we don't want you to have!"
    /cast DoT @totem
    Log: "Totem is immune"
    //run to totem
    /right click @totem;
    //waiting for the auto-attack animation
    Log: "Totem destroyed"
    /cast Root @self;
    //Ready to DPS again!
    Log: "You are sitting in a Bladestorm"
    /cast Long Ass Spell;
    Log: "X Interrupted your spell"
    /cast Long Ass Spell;
    Log: "Can't do that while silenced"
    Log: "X puts up Spell reflect"
    /cast CoE @self
    Log: "That is a power we don't want you to have!"
    /cast Fel Flame @self
    /cast DoT @self
    Log: "You have dotted yourself"
    Log: "X hits you like a truck"
    Log: "You have died"
    /cast Long Ass Spell;
    Log: "Can't do that while dead"
    /cry;

I love how we had been complaining during all of MoP about how long cast-time spells like Chaos Bolt don't work out because they're simply too frustrating for either the warlock or their opponent. Come next expansion we have 2 out of 3 of our level 100 talents that make us use long supposed one-shot casts even more (except they don't 1 shot because that's not fair for players).

I never understood why (as of MoP) we got a 0.75* modifier for Chaos Bolt versus PvP targets (although I never played Destruction for PvP) while Huntards had Chimera Shots that hits for way more and instant + available every 10s.
    - "I throw away all the rules of acceptable conduct during battle; near the ruptures I throw away all the accepted ideas of how the natural world is supposed to behave. Targeting isn’t even a consideration - I will be engaging my enemy at arm’s length."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I actually like the idea of Demon Bolt and Charred Remains to a certain extent but Perm DG/Inf is just silly and Cataclysm is a talent that they were going to add in as a base ability for the last 2 xpacs and they always cut it. Why cut it in one xpac (which means they likely didn't like the design of the ability) and then add it in on one of the most vital talent tiers in the game?

While I agree with you on Perma-DG/Inf (at least at the cost of a DPS cooldown) I gotta say that the Cataclysm we were supposed to get in Pandaria was an entirely different beast to Draenor's Cataclysm. WoD's Cataclysm is a DPS short-term CD and auto-applies DoTs. Pandaria's Cataclysm was an anti-melee spell with a knockback that cost Embers (Destro only IIRC) that didn't *make sense* because smart melee would just sit outside and let any ranged nuke you down while you channeled the useless spell.

'Course, I'd say it was Xel pushing that spell forward without care for how it actually works applied into the game that was the only reason we heard of it, but that's another story entirely. Needless to say, The reason they cut it in MoP and reintroduced in WoD is that it's an entirely different spell with the same name.

Yeah MoP's Cataclysm was different in that it was designed to get melee off of you but as already mentioned ranged would just nuke you down

http://youtu.be/urEyWh8qj84
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    While I agree with you on Perma-DG/Inf (at least at the cost of a DPS cooldown) I gotta say that the Cataclysm we were supposed to get in Pandaria was an entirely different beast to Draenor's Cataclysm. WoD's Cataclysm is a DPS short-term CD and auto-applies DoTs. Pandaria's Cataclysm was an anti-melee spell with a knockback that cost Embers (Destro only IIRC) that didn't *make sense* because smart melee would just sit outside and let any ranged nuke you down while you channeled the useless spell.

'Course, I'd say it was Xel pushing that spell forward without care for how it actually works applied into the game that was the only reason we heard of it, but that's another story entirely. Needless to say, The reason they cut it in MoP and reintroduced in WoD is that it's an entirely different spell with the same name.
    The general concept was the same though. In regards to PvE it was an aoe ability that Immolated all your targets. If anything the previous version would likely be better for us on beta currently considering our "PvP issues" that we are experiencing but I doubt that a 2+ second reticle cast is the way to fix warlocks ability to peel things off themselves.

Thought there was a new build rolling out yesterday. Was the only change made for us, the duration of the Demon Bolt buff? Had my hopes up on a big roll out of bufs to spells the nerfed recently lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Thought there was a new build rolling out yesterday. Was the only change made for us, the duration of the Demon Bolt buff? Had my hopes up on a big roll out of bufs to spells the nerfed recently lol.
    I don't understand why people keep anticipating buffs. They nerfed us, we're middle of the pack, that's it. This is how we go into live.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I don't understand why people keep anticipating buffs. They nerfed us, we're middle of the pack, that's it. This is how we go into live.
    If by middle of the pack you mean just barely beating tanks, then sure, that's how we'll go live.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    You sir should never post here again, just saying. The reason I asked was due to a twitter post from celes saying that they found the bug with ToC and that demo would be brought back up. Was hoping to see some of them in the build that I thought was going in uesterday. I could be wrong though. Learn to read more.
    Last edited by xuros; 2014-09-11 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6kle View Post
    Vision by Chadd "Celestalon" Nerfvig: Warlock in WoD

/cast Root @self;
    //I'm ready to DPS now!
    /cast Long Ass Spell;
    Log: "Long Ass Spell hits X for Noodles"
    //need to move
    /cast Fel Flame @totem
    Log: "That's a power we don't want you to have!"
    /cast DoT @totem
    Log: "Totem is immune"
    //run to totem
    /right click @totem;
    //waiting for the auto-attack animation
    Log: "Totem destroyed"
    /cast Root @self;
    //Ready to DPS again!
    /cast Long Ass Spell;
    Log: "X Interrupted your spell"
    /cast Long Ass Spell;
    Log: "Can't do that while silenced"
    Log: "X puts up Spell reflect"
    /cast CoE @self
    /cast Fel Flame @self
    /cast DoT @self
    Log: "You have dotted yourself"
    Log: "X hits you like a truck"
    Log: "You have died"
    /cast Long Ass Spell;
    /cry;
    Lol, very nice post.
    I love it!!
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    You sir should never post here again, just saying. The reason I asked was due to a twitter post from celes saying that they found the bug with ToC and that demo would be brought back up. Was hoping to see some of them in the build that I thought was going in uesterday. I could be wrong though. Learn to read more.
    why in gods name this kid celestalon is so obsessed to make demo the only fukin competitive spec for locks in T17 are u shitting me? lets make 1 spec barely viable and leave alone the other 2 to fight tanks all the way out? are u shitting me dude ARE U FREAKING SERIUS? get aids celestalon and die in silence PLZ

and for that kid who is talking about us not being buffed, gtfo GTFO, get aids with celestalon die with him and stop posting no here holy shit man, not even aids both of u deserve ebola wtf man this is the worse fukin state that i had seem locks put into im srsly thinking about quiting my lock that i had played sin this game was open

BTW, i wanna beat the face out of some one every time theres a warrior using spell reflect and the only shit that i got to juke it is confla, fuck it, ooooooooh and that grounding oh my god so nice to cast and inmolate right into it YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEA mechanics

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2014-09-11 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gez View Post
    why in gods name this kid celestalon is so obsessed to make demo the only fukin competitive spec for locks in T17 are u shitting me? lets make 1 spec barely viable and leave alone the other 2 to fight tanks all the way out? are u shitting me dude ARE U FREAKING SERIUS? get aids celestalon and die in silence PLZ
    I am honestly not even sure how to respond to this. Rather than just spamming misspelled words, caps locks, and insults at a developer who isn't even the lead developer for his division of the game give some constructive feedback. The problem with Destruction currently is that it is too reliant on niche fights, such as Beastlord, where it can get value out of things such as AoE Chaos Bolt. Demonolgy is still in the "heavy tuning" process which includes constant nerfs which is supposedly due to a bug so I will let that pass for now. I can't say much for Affliction as of my guilds 3 warlocks I haven't been the one testing Aff at all (I have done Demo/Destro/Moonkin for testing) so I can't appropriately give an opinion on that.

You coming in here and just making posts in full caps does no good. We are trying to have a civilized (more or less) conversation about what is wrong and what is right with warlocks and our thoughts about the class in WoD. Making a "fuck you kill yourself ____" post does literally nothing to further that conversation.
    Last edited by Novx; 2014-09-11 at 06:55 PM.

Aff ST is strong. AoE doesn't exist. Multi target ramp up is incredibly slow because of the Soul Swap penalty. They should increase Nightfall 5%-10% so we can actually use the ability. If not that then bring back Drain Soul sniping just to make things interesting. It's the least engaging spec experience I've ever tried.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    If by middle of the pack you mean just barely beating tanks, then sure, that's how we'll go live.
    I cant agree with you here Brusalk. Affliction is performing very well. Destruction might not be great single target but the AoE CB is very strong. Just tonight on Brackenspore I was doing around 30k with all the multidotting. I didn't test Blast Furnace but on the streams I saw plenty of locks in the top 5 dps as demo.

So don't worry dude I think we will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    Aff ST is strong. AoE doesn't exist. Multi target ramp up is incredibly slow because of the Soul Swap penalty. They should increase Nightfall 5%-10% so we can actually use the ability. If not that then bring back Drain Soul sniping just to make things interesting. It's the least engaging spec experience I've ever tried.
    For some reason reading your post about Affliction having no AoE made me think back to the days of Hyjal raids during TBC. Seed of Corruption, Seed of COrruption, Seed of Corruption spam and killing the charts with it.