Quote Originally Posted by Xanattos View Post
    Destro does lack severely in the mobility front but if you plan accordingly AND get the rng God to smile upon you the movement can be dealt with.
    How does RNG help Destro?

Deleted
    Hai, first post here and i have one question: How big is the difference between demonology synergy and supremacy since supremacy should now be ahead service thanks to the demonic fury buff it got?

I suppose synergy is better but by how much if so?
    Last edited by mmoc20b0a89b82; 2014-09-29 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    How does RNG help Destro?
    Helps me if I don't targeted by x or if I'm in a sweet spot at the right time and have less movement than if I were standing somewhere else. Just like it would benefit any spec but since destro has had its mobility taken to such a minor degree I found it more useful. Additionally if you are able to forego movement due to any of the aforementioned reasons a charge of conflag would definitely be up during movement. I found that when I was very lucky I could use conflag once and drop rain of fire and that would greatly reduce downtime. Is it ideal, no, but again the rng helps a great deal.
    Do you disagree?

No, not at all. That makes sense to me.

I thought I had missed some other change.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanattos View Post
    Destro and demo can both still be a good deal of fun.

Destro does lack severely in the mobility front but if you plan accordingly AND get the rng God to smile upon you the movement can be dealt with. All in all I still find it enjoyable just less than in SoO obviously (I didn't play destro in any other tier in mop).

Affliction, hmmm, if I really preferred affliction and that was my go to spec when I was questioning anything I think I may focus more on garrisons and let battles because to me it was god awful to play.

Demo had a few issues with mobility but depending on planning and luck can easily be managed. I personally prefer demon bolt but can see other talents coming in handy. Demo will be my go to spec unless it's so severely underperforming that it is below the tanks like it was a few weeks back lol. (I know tuning is still being fixed just my lol)
    I truly cant see how I hate using the term "vanilla player" but the lock was the very 1st class I played 9 years ago and stuck with it.
    I coped (just about with the MOP changes) but the WOD changes have just made destruct locks so boring its unreal. they gave the reasoning of button bloat yet we lost loads in MOP and other classes still have loads of spells/Abilities that IMO is the reason WOD isn't making sense its like various Devs aren't keeping up with what each class is doing. Its actually quite an achievement they managed to turn one of the most fun and unique classes into a Generic spell caster. With shadow priests more like warlocks now.

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    I truly cant see how I hate using the term "vanilla player" but the lock was the very 1st class I played 9 years ago and stuck with it.
    I coped (just about with the MOP changes) but the WOD changes have just made destruct locks so boring its unreal. they gave the reasoning of button bloat yet we lost loads in MOP and other classes still have loads of spells/Abilities that IMO is the reason WOD isn't making sense its like various Devs aren't keeping up with what each class is doing. Its actually quite an achievement they managed to turn one of the most fun and unique classes into a Generic spell caster. With shadow priests more like warlocks now.
    I see your point and understand your opinion. I started a few weeks into vanilla as a priest and changed to a lock a few months into it. I was a complete nubkin through all of vanilla and didn't get into playing regularly until Kara.

So still no GoServ: Doomguard or Infernal.

6 weeks 'till release and we still have NYI talents....

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So still no GoServ: Doomguard or Infernal.

6 weeks 'till release and we still have NYI talents....
    What you talkin bout, Servitude only affects doom guard and infernal

I thought someone mentioned that the functions were in the game they just haven't added it to the lil flip out menu yet. Not that I know why anyone cares, as we would NEVER use servitude in the first place.

Servitude damage is way low AND it doesn't interact with goserv. That is just flat out lazy on their part!!! I have been waiting patiently for that change for weeks now. Must say that I'm highly disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    What you talkin bout, Servitude only affects doom guard and infernal

I thought someone mentioned that the functions were in the game they just haven't added it to the lil flip out menu yet. Not that I know why anyone cares, as we would NEVER use servitude in the first place.
    He means Grimoire of Service, which is supposed to have Doomguard and Infernal versions of the cooldown, these do not exist in the game in any manner that can be activated.

Suggesting that any variation on Servitude, with Service or Supremacy, would 'NEVER' be used is ignoring the fact that the talent is neither fully implemented, nor properly tuned. If they were actually in the game in a form that was actually testable, then such a conclusion may be quite different.

The lil rolled eyes face with the bolded serv was to show that the abbreviation has 2 meanings now and that I clearly knew what he was talking about...

The rest again, I thought I saw someone say the function worked but I never bothered to check so.

and again, the talent that even makes this concern relevant is never used unless they give it a silly silly dmg increase which I don't see them doing anytime soon all things considered.

So this is not really a pressing concern.

The lil rolled eyes face with the bolded serv was to show that the abbreviation has 2 meanings now and that I clearly knew what he was talking about...

The rest again, I thought I saw someone say the function worked but I never bothered to check so.

and again, the talent that even makes this concern relevant is never used unless they give it a silly silly dmg increase which I don't see them doing anytime soon all things considered.

It's not a pressing concern that a max level talent is in no way usable or actually implemented properly a month and a half before release?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's not a pressing concern that a max level talent is in no way usable or actually implemented properly a month and a half before release?
    Were you not around for MoP launch?

You could not spec a 90 talent at all and it would have had 0 effect on your overall performance.

10+ Year Old Account

And the poster clearly used 'GoServ' as their abbreviation, there was absolutely nothing to get confused over.

It is kinda pressing too, given proper tuning might allow it's functionality to be beneficial under specific circumstances in given encounters, meaning there may be a useful niche for it, but we don't know, since half the talent doesn't exist, and what does exist is so poorly tuned that it's impossible to even begin to guess with. Comparing them to the 90 talents which as poor as they were, were actually tuned well against each other, is an important distinction that's disingenuous to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    And the poster clearly used 'GoServ' as their abbreviation, there was absolutely nothing to get confused over.

It is kinda pressing too, given proper tuning might allow it's functionality to be beneficial under specific circumstances in given encounters, meaning there may be a useful niche for it, but we don't know, since half the talent doesn't exist, and what does exist is so poorly tuned that it's impossible to even begin to guess with. Comparing them to the 90 talents which as poor as they were, were actually tuned well against each other, is an important distinction that's disingenuous to ignore.
    Sometimes I think Bacon only posts to argue with people or start arguments. Having any untestable talents in a build marked (release) is absolutely asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    Sometimes I think Bacon only posts to argue with people or start arguments. Having any untestable talents in a build marked (release) is absolutely asinine.
    Yeah Demonic Servitude not only still lacks interaction with Service but at the same time isn't even worth picking. It does less damage than an Imp ffs. It's the first cosmetic only talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Were you not around for MoP launch?

You could not spec a 90 talent at all and it would have had 0 effect on your overall performance.
    How the hell does that make this less of a problem now?

plantoide the oracle:

demonbolt will oneshoot people in pvp and get nerfed within the first two months, they will buff other dmg abilities and cataclysm will become the bis talent for pve

chaos bolt is useless and destro warlock is dead outside of maybe ashran aoe spamm (pvp wise)

rogues and dks will dominate the ladders till 6.2

Servitude will stay as it is and no one will ever take it until 6.2 when it gets reworked.

6.2 brings felflame back.

Expecting Demonbolt's damage to be spread out as a DoT before the end of the first tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

What? So why were you confused?

It is kinda pressing too, given proper tuning might allow it's functionality to be beneficial under specific circumstances in given encounters, meaning there may be a useful niche for it, but we don't know, since half the talent doesn't exist, and what does exist is so poorly tuned that it's impossible to even begin to guess with.
    Infernal would have to compete with charred remains, soulburn haunt, cataclysm and regular pets ST in order to ever be used.

Doom guard would have to compete with all of chaotic resources.

Do you honestly expect them to make that talent compete with shit like demonbolt, cataclysm, aoe chaosbolts? As a purely passive talent nonetheless.

Nonono, I imagine that talent will remain as useless as archies or mannos or even KJC for as long as they left each respective one useless.

Comparing them to the 90 talents which as poor as they were, were actually tuned well against each other, is an important distinction that's disingenuous to ignore.
    If by tuned well against each other you mean all 3 were worthless then yes. Otherwise no, they were not tuned well against each other... which is why all 3 were overhauled.

Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    Having any untestable talents in a build marked (release) is absolutely asinine.
    I'm being objective, servitude is not a damage increase over any other pet.

Do I need to tell you what's going to happen when you summon a 2nd servitude pet using service that doesn't do more damage than the other pets?

I feel its more asinine that they created a talent that is a dps loss and didn't think it needed to be increased for this long. Not to mention they were heavily contemplating and seem to have settled on that talent having no interaction with gosac which is even more mind numbingly asinine to me than them not implementing a function for a single talent yet.

But since I know this is how the company works, it would be insane of me to think this is going to change in the current climate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    How the hell does that make this less of a problem now?
    Because they tune around such things... we were plenty competitive while untalented with the 90 tier.

Right now we have 2 extremely potent talents on that tier which is more than what most classes get.

I'd be dumbfounded if they ever made a passive pet talent like servitude be competitive with things like demon bolt and cataclysm. It'd be the most amazing time to be a super lazy person not unlike myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Expecting Demonbolt's damage to be spread out as a DoT before the end of the first tier.
    Or a stealth ninja -50% dmg in pvp modifier that they never bother to mention until players notice xD