Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    "I did not like it and thus no one shoul have it"?
    ...What?
    You never had to do chest runs if you didn't want to.

Personally, I hate playing in groups, but Rifts aren't exactly efficient solo most of the time.
    What? No, the point is: this game is about killing monsters - not running through a map on Torment VI and dodging all mobs while clicking chests. I think you are playing the wrong game.

The game is about getting good gear. If someone likes to avoid monsters and opening all chests, it doesn't mean you have to do that too.
    Sigh.. why does everyone always want to remove choice..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    The game is about getting good gear. If someone likes to avoid monsters and opening all chests, it doesn't mean you have to do that too.
    what's the point of getting good gear if you aren't going to kill things in it? might as well just stack movement speed and EHP to make chest farming easier, don't even need a weapon equipped

If that's what people enjoy, let them? How does it affect you in any way? This isn't some BF tournament where the best gets a prize.

If that's what people enjoy, let them? How does it affect you in any way? This isn't some BF tournament where the best gets a prize.
    You sound mad that this free ride to legendary items was nerfed. Too bad, play the game how it was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    You sound mad that this free ride to legendary items was nerfed. Too bad, play the game how it was intended.
    /facepalm
    I'm not supposed to do bounties and rifts?

Deleted
    their enjoyment doesn't in the slightest, i couldn't care less. what i care about it the fact that it was the most effective way to get gear, and involved just running past everything. it would be like running a raid in wow by blinking past the bosses, there isn't much gameplay involved and for a lot of people, it's boring as fuck.

now the most effective way of getting gear is *gasp* playing the actual game! if core chest runs were 100% equal with running rifts, i would be ok with that, because you have a totally equal choice which would be fair on both parties, but this wasn't the case. chest runs were better, and i'd rather the gameplay was more rewarding than skipping content, so i'm happy with the change.

edit:
    /facepalm
    I'm not supposed to do bounties and rifts?
    what? the bounties are rifts were buffed... pretty certain you're meant to play them, since adventure mode was a pretty key feature of the expansion...
    Last edited by mmoc3b0581c8ae; 2014-04-04 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    blizzard : we want you to have fun, OUR idea of fun.

the game intended to play however the ppl playing it want.

not the players fault the leg drop chance is retardly low on anything other then exploit.

1 leg per hours is simply not good enough compared to 6 leg per hour from doing stuff like core run etc.

also to ppl that say they got many leg since the hotfix its mainly down to rng other then increased drop chance

0.1 or 0.125 barely matter

not to mention its only some of the problems diablo 3 is facing.

if you didnt have 1b gold from vanilla you will basicly get screwed, new players cant afford making gems or anything

you need lots of mats and you need lots of gold
    Last edited by Archimand; 2014-04-04 at 10:48 AM.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    blizzard : we want you to have fun, OUR idea of fun.

the game intended to play however the ppl playing it want.

not the players fault the leg drop chance is retardly low on anything other then exploit.

1 leg per hours is simply not good enough compared to 6 leg per hour from doing stuff like core run etc.

also to ppl that say they got many leg since the hotfix its mainly down to rng other then increased drop chance

0.1 or 0.125 barely matter

not to mention its only some of the problems diablo 3 is facing.

if you didnt have 1b gold from vanilla you will basicly get screwed, new players cant afford making gems or anything

you need lots of mats and you need lots of gold
    Gold is really easy to get though. A 5min rift(if you have a good group) nets you 70k just from the reward. If you also count the items you pickup and sell to the vendor gold is a none issue. Aswell as the countless items you gamble at Kadala which you can sell.

Quote Originally Posted by suitepee7 View Post
    their enjoyment doesn't in the slightest, i couldn't care less. what i care about it the fact that it was the most effective way to get gear, and involved just running past everything. it would be like running a raid in wow by blinking past the bosses, there isn't much gameplay involved and for a lot of people, it's boring as fuck.

now the most effective way of getting gear is *gasp* playing the actual game! if core chest runs were 100% equal with running rifts, i would be ok with that, because you have a totally equal choice which would be fair on both parties, but this wasn't the case. chest runs were better, and i'd rather the gameplay was more rewarding than skipping content, so i'm happy with the change.
    I'm sorry but Blizz decided that they were going to make every item that drops useless unless its a legendary item. They also decided to make playing the game at higher levels of difficulty pointless, and have made the decision to give no explanation as to how drop rates on legendary items are affected by torment level. Even with loot 2.0 there is extreme RNG when it comes to how legs are rolled, meaning that almost every leg you do get will be useless anyway.

Once you are over 100+ hours /played into RoS, you run up against not only a gear wall, but also the realization that even with exceptionally good gear you will never be able to effectively farm the current implementation of T6. Gear should have higher possible roll ranged when dropped in a higher torment level, which would mean that you might actually replace a T1 leg with a T4 rare item, that there would actually be gear progression and the ability to move up the torment scale.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    So does that mean 1.43% chance on T1 per rift for a leg to drop? Or 1.43% per mob?
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

There was a bug:
    "Demonic Vessels were using the incorrect loot table, and now give less generous loot.*"

Second - point of the game is to grind monsters to get said loot, it's hack n slash game, not an avoid all stealth game.. With loot 2.0 and all the changes that's what Blizz wants to encourage - if the most efficient way of earning loot is by completely bypassing all monsters - it means they have design flaw that should be corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    So does that mean 1.43% chance on T1 per rift for a leg to drop? Or 1.43% per mob?
    it looks like it is a flat 25% increase to the chance of finding a legendary while in a rift, not any specific part of the rift though. so take whatever it was before, and add 25%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    it means they have design flaw that should be corrected.
    Well, at least Manglemaw Runs seemingly weren't nerfed and thus still are quite a good way of acquiring gear.

Quote Originally Posted by suitepee7 View Post
    it looks like it is a flat 25% increase to the chance of finding a legendary while in a rift, not any specific part of the rift though. so take whatever it was before, and add 25%.
    The key here is that noone knows what was the number before, So getting happy or excited about is rather hard. I actually did some t3 rifts to change the tempo from core farming and got a wooping 2 legendary in 5 full clears. After which i went back to core, now i wont have that option which sucks, imo. And i dont see the need to nerf a certain way some were playing the game, since it didnt effect other players.
    Last edited by Itakas; 2014-04-04 at 12:39 PM.

Looking forward to rift runs this evening! I've been running them and getting MAYBE one legendary per bounty + rift and it was making me a bit sad. Even when I have gotten legendaries, they have been pretty shitty thus far. Hopefully more drops will give more usable items! I'll be curious to see if they make any changes to torment levels. They already supposedly drop more loot and such, but they don't seem worth the extra effort. I COULD run T2 instead of T1, but it seems to take way longer for little extra reward.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's like they actually care about the gameplay and getting people involved in it. Josh M. and his crew are handling this game phenomenally. Great hotfix, looking forward to running more rifts because I enjoy them immensely already.
    BAD WOLF

I think people need to read this part more:
    This means if you're playing through a Rift in Normal-Master, you'll have a 25% bonus to Legendary drops. If you're playing through a Rift in Torment 1, you'll have a 43% bonus to Legendary drops (1.15 * 1.25 = 1.43). If you're playing through a Rift in Torment 2, you'll have a 65% bonus to Legendary drops (1.32* 1.25 = 1.65). And so on.
    so the increase in t1 legendary drops is 15%
    the increase in t2 legendary drops is 32%
    both of those numbers were unknown until this post. those are the increased drop rates for legendaries in t1 and t2.

and the new bonus is multiplicative instead of additive so the higher in torment you go the large the increase. factor in a full group of players and you should see quite a few legendaries. Now if that makes up for the increased difficulty over speed of killing who knows.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what, did they nerf cursed chests or which ones? I never did them, so I am not sure what exactly got nerfed.

And yeah, my time doing a few rifts last night was fairly successful.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    Knowing blizzard, it will be:
    base chance = x
    T1 rift chance = x * 1.15(torment) * 1.25(rift bonus) = x * 1.43

X is still unknown

For people too lazy to check first page:
    t1 = 1.15
    t2 = 1.32
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!