Page 3 of 174 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    "Combat
    Empowered Crimson Tempest - Crimson Tempest no longer deals any periodic damage, and instead deals 240% increased initial damage."

Am I the only one who thinks this should be an assassination ability? we have aoe dot damage with fok/poisons. Assassination lacks a hard hitting aoe.
    I believe the FoK, Evenom, and Crimson Tempest passives for Assassination will MORE than make up for it. Also, Crimson Tempest's damage will roll for Mut and Sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Disarm Trap has been removed.
    I
    I..
    I need a moment...
    Agreed. Very sad to see Disarm Trap go. It felt like a staple!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    We still have CPs on Rogue!

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...96688609734656

EDIT: Typo.
    Sorry, I believe my reading comprehension is failing me. Are they removing combo points from Rogues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    Sorry, I believe my reading comprehension is failing me. Are they removing combo points from Rogues?
    On live, combo points are tied to the target. On WoD alpha, combo points are tied to the rogue.

So given this
    "Facing requirements (character position) on some prominent abilities have been loosened or removed"

And the difference in wording here sub got screwed.

"Druid: Shred no longer requires the Druid to be behind the target.
    Rogue: Ambush no longer requires the Rogue to be behind the target.
    Rogue (Subtlety): Backstab can now be used on either side of the target, in addition to behind the target."

Quote Originally Posted by nihna View Post
    Wow, also just saw that. Now why would they do that? It wasn't even a button you had to push. They talked about changing the way hunter traps work, maybe hunter have now a greater reliance on traps and we would have ruined their day if we kept disarm trap.
    No it's the exact opposite, hunter traps are now supposed to deploy and arm instantly (but still have air travel time). So they are easier to land and much more reliable... why they would then choose to remove an iconic ability that essentially became weaker due to traps being buffed is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No it's the exact opposite, hunter traps are now supposed to deploy and arm instantly (but still have air travel time). So they are easier to land and much more reliable... why they would then choose to remove an iconic ability that essentially became weaker due to traps being buffed is beyond me.
    My theory is they compiled the notes and saw Rogues had hardly any changes compared to the other classes so removed disarm trap just to add another line of text to our changes to pad it out

My theory is they compiled the notes and saw Rogues had hardly any changes compared to the other classes so removed disarm trap just to add another line of text to our changes to pad it out
    I absolutely 100% agree. And it was what I was worried they were going to do the whole time.

Every time they brought up "pruning abilities" to stop from bars being bloated, I thought to myself "Please don't remove anything from rogues, we are fine." And of course, here we are. It's extra infuriating because disarm trap is so iconic, and they've spent the past four expansions handing out our other iconic abilities (stealth/vanish, sprint, stuns, disorients) to other classes to spice them up, and now think it's a good idea to start pruning what little uniqueness our class has left.

looks like I won't be playing my preferred spec. I won't play combat. JUST because of the enhanced adrenaline rush. It doesn't address the problem.

One other thing. The Rogue class changes mention that they are changing assassination so that you can play the spec with fist weapons or swords (no mention of axes?). However there is also a change that states "Sinister Strike now deals 188% weapon damage when used with a dagger (instead of 130%)."
    So this would mean that the reverse is also true and you can go combat daggers?

One other thing. The Rogue class changes mention that they are changing assassination so that you can play the spec with fist weapons or swords (no mention of axes?). However there is also a change that states "Sinister Strike now deals 188% weapon damage when used with a dagger (instead of 130%)."
    So this would mean that the reverse is also true and you can go combat daggers?
    Yeah, seems like they are trying to open up our weapon possibilities.

And second, we decided to loosen the weapon requirements on Assassination. It's important to note that we still intend for daggers to be the optimal choice for Assassination Rogues, but this change will help Rogues who want to try out Assassination but don't have two daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yeah, seems like they are trying to open up our weapon possibilities.
    Really happy about that. The waiting enhance shammys in my guild mean I will never get my mits on wf hc combat weapons and am stuck with daggers so I am delighted we aren't so weapon dependant spec wise now.
    I had hoped this would happen years ago when they added something like this to the legendary daggers to make them viable for combat.

Thus far the combo point change and the weapon change make me very happy. Still a bit under-awed at the aoe changes for Assassination (wtb cleave) but does feel they are moving in the right direction with rogues for the first time in many years.

Now that fist and swords can be used for mutilate, I wonder if they will relax some of the restrictions on transmog weapon types we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Only fist-weapons and swords though.
    Thankfully transmog will fix that in a hurry if it isn't opened up to axes and maces (which is odd if they don't, unless they don't want us competing with dumb enhance shammys).

This is the worst set of anything I've ever read from Blizzard.

Fun fact: I believe combat rogues have had all three dots available to them deleted.

- - - Updated - - -

I will add that some of the abilities are likely live glyphs being rolled into the effect- for instance, the AR GCD change.

Why can combat not make bleed? This is bad news.

Combat with only garrotte as a bleed and no armor pen feels like it will be gimped compared to other specs in the game.

How is Venom Zest going to work for combat if Instant poison replaces DP for them?

I hope Revealing Strike remains a low energy strike because if they increase its energy cost to be like Sinister Strike, Combat will be unplayable..yuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by autopsy View Post
    How is Venom Zest going to work for combat if Instant poison replaces DP for them?
    Was just about to ask this as well. Does that mean combat can never take this talent? if so seems a little silly to even have it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkilmer View Post
    Was just about to ask this as well. Does that mean combat can never take this talent? if so seems a little silly to even have it like that.
    How is Combat going to function with basically no in combat bleeds or armor pen? o.O

Yeah that talent choice is a no go for a Combat rogue too (Venom Zest). There must be something we are missing right? Right? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy View Post
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...96908538068992
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...99637083815936

I think that answers your question.

I'm generally liking where Rogues are heading mechanically.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I will add that some of the abilities are likely live glyphs being rolled into the effect- for instance, the AR GCD change.
    Nope. The old glyph is already baked in. That's the T15 4-set GCD reduction baseline for AR. Screw that noise.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2014-04-04 at 03:37 AM.