Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beiki View Post
    With the loss of inner fire priests will be unable to do pvp or so much as take any melee hits in pve. Also there's the loss of a huge chunk of spellpower so we're significantly weaker already.
    It's unreasonable to think we won't be balanced around this change. Cutting void shift is pretty depressing tho, one of my favorite spells =(

As a Disc priest my thoughts of the entire patch notes is pretty much.

Deleted
    I'm kind of sad they're removing void shift. Literally nothing gives me a better feeling during raids than landing a totally sick void shift. Even if it does happen rarely, it's well worth having for the moments you can use it.

Not much else to comment on until we see some numbers. Hoping the new mastery won't pigeon hole you as 'a single target spriest' or a 'multidot spriest'. I don't want to be collecting 2 sets of gear or being useless on the fight types I don't have gear for. We could actually do with having a chakra ability as shadow (kind of ironic since Holy would be much better off without it).

Quote Originally Posted by Beiki View Post
    With the loss of inner fire priests will be unable to do pvp or so much as take any melee hits in pve. Also there's the loss of a huge chunk of spellpower so we're significantly weaker already. No one used Inner Will so I couldn't care less about that though. Also, you introduce Void Shift in MoP, something to make priests feel even remotely unique and then you get rid of it. I'd try to say something witty but I'm too pissed off right now.
    They didn't even show balance numbers yet, no point in complaining about the loss of inner fire. Also other classes have lost a MoP ability also which were actually good, Warrior banners and druid symbiosis.

Void shift was a shit spell anyways.

I hope the new mastery doesn't make it past beta. It will be dumb to have to go for crit/haste gear and another set for mastery for single target.
    Last edited by supersnap; 2014-04-04 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    As a Disc priest my thoughts of the entire patch notes is pretty much.

/snip
    It's like they decided this is how Disc is going to be, and then completely change their mind.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    It's like they decided this is how Disc is going to be, and then completely change their mind.
    They are basically making atonement useless, removing our mana back bubbles, nerfing bubbles overall and giving us holy nova. Seriously, what the fuck... I don't understand what the point of disc priests is gonna be in WoD. It sure isn't gonna be healing.

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    Void shift was a shit spell anyways.
    It was fun to have and not gamebreaking. No need to remove it imho.

Guys they removed few level 87 abilities. Void Shift, Symbiosis and such. Can you say "HAHAHA FUCKING FAIL ASS DESIGN!"? Like really... it's almost as if everything they did this last expansion was some shitty little experiment.

I'm hyped for the new mastery and Clarity of Power though, pew pew. Mastery, Haste, Crit... it's all gonna be delicious!
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

They should of just fixed Void Shift. It's not like it was breaking the game. Most priest can't even land it correctly. I do have some problems with it in PvP, needs to be instant transfer. Few times I've gotten my partner low HP and he got nothing : /

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    They should of just fixed Void Shift. It's not like it was breaking the game. Most priest can't even land it correctly. I do have some problems with it in PvP, needs to be instant transfer. Few times I've gotten my partner low HP and he got nothing : /
    It's even more fun when your friend is at <10% hp and monk uses Touch of Death on him the same instant you use Void Shift.
    You go to 25% and your firend goes to full hp -> Monk does 500k damage with Touch of Death to your friend -> Dead friend and you at 25% hp.

Void Shift is a poor mans Lay on Hands with a tendency to backfire and blow off your face. However they could've at least tried to make VS more useful before axing it.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

I saw the T90 talents being affected by DR and the atonement nerf coming so neither of those really bothered me, I'm quite bummed about losing void shift though as I've grown to really like the spell and its saved tanks etc a fair few times. I'd hoped chakra would be done away with as I really don't like stance-like mechanics for healers but the cooldown reduction through the level 90-99 point things will be decent enough.

Really not sure what they're thinking with the shadow mastery change though - I don't really play shadow much these days but it seems like you'd want two seperate sets of gear depending on the fight? Mastery for single target and haste/crit for multi-target encounters, kind of feels a bit weird to me and will make gearing a nightmare for spriests.

Innervate has been removed. Mana costs for Druids have been adjusted accordingly.

Divine Plea has been removed. Mana costs for Paladins have been adjusted accordingly.

Rapture has been removed.

I don't understand. Why didn't disc priests get their mana costs "adjusted accordingly"? I haven't found disc to be OP when it comes to mana management.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarre View Post
    It's even more fun when your friend is at <10% hp and monk uses Touch of Death on him the same instant you use Void Shift.
    You go to 25% and your firend goes to full hp -> Monk does 500k damage with Touch of Death to your friend -> Dead friend and you at 25% hp.
    I was under the impression that Touch of Death could not be used on player targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleze View Post
    I was under the impression that Touch of Death could not be used on player targets.
    Monk pvp 4-set enables the ability to be used on player targets below 10% hp.

With a pvp set bonus it could, Its a very low % the target needs to be sitting at before it works though.

Deleted
    I'm a bit miffed at the hymn thing.

First they came for Divine Hymn and nobody spoke up, because it sucked.
    Then they came for Hymn of Hope, and nobody spoke up, because it sucked, and was a stupid spell we had to provide additional mana to arcane mages, prot paladins and elemental shamans.
    Then they came for Rapture, and nobody spoke up, because nobody actually monitored it properly anyway.

Then (MoP)WoD began and (Disc)Priests had 0 regen or throughput and couldn't function and QQd until they got buffed into (Spirit Shell)OP heaven.

Ahh. And so the cycle continues.

edit: Ty for clearing up the Touch of Death thing. Didn't realise

Then they came for Rapture, and nobody spoke up, because nobody actually monitored it properly anyway.
    Who doesn't monitor rapture? I gain 100k+ mana every fight through that + my meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    "Shadow Priests had one large problem toward the end of Mists of Pandaria: single-target damage. Their AoE and multi-DoT damage was some of the best around, so they still ended up competitive on most fights."

Prepare for another expansion full of shadowy crappiness guys.
    Every encounter we're only guaranteed that a boss will exist, not every encounter will have multiple targets. I don't understand why shadow priests have to be gimped for the sake that they do a very niche thing well. Sure most tiers have at least one or maybe two multi-target encounters, but I don't understand why they're okay with priests bringing pretty terrible single-target dps. Factor in that priests are losing a bit of utility what will the point of bringing a shadow priest to aa raid be if they lost a lot of their utility and off-healing that made them so great and can't pull adequate dps on most encounters.

Also pretty disappointed in the removal of rapture, I thought it added a lot to the gameplay of disc, but then again Blizz seems intent on making disc irrelevant again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Who doesn't monitor rapture? I gain 100k+ mana every fight through that + my meta.
    As do I. However over half of the disc priest's I've spoken to asked wtf I was on about when I mentioned rapture, and I had to actually link it to them from my spellbook.

Furthermore, in current damage setting environments and the way we heal, rapture tends to just happen anyway, especially with lucidity shield spam. I spent a while obsessing over keeping an eye on it, but I realised I was doing exactly the same job of it while hardly paying attention waiting for the big face on my auras telling me it was available
    Last edited by mmoc292e38101c; 2014-04-04 at 07:29 AM.