Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So what's everyone's opinion on chi explosion versus hurricane strikes? Wouldnt that combination of crackling jade lightning and chi explosion make us somewhat ranged?
    Last edited by Ragaflask; 2014-04-04 at 01:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to imagine playing with Chi Explosion and...I don't like it lol. I don't like that it replaces BOK or that its combo break refunds 2 chi (vs the free BOK)...seems like BOK would feel better to play with. I'm more drawn to the other two talents. I do like Chi Explosion for MW, though.

I agree with Bavol on Chi Explosion. I think Chi Serenity will be the go-to talent for most fights. Having that burst DPS cooldown to line up with trinket procs and TEB will be clutch.

I've also seen how often Killing Spree gets rogues killed, Hurricane Kicks will probably do the same thing to us.

Deleted
    The difference is that rogues have feint, we don't...

I knew there was a reason I switched my main from lock to monk. Excited for WoD!

Im sure they will have time to balance both out, personallI feel that it will give a choice on how people want to play their spec if they are done right instead of having just one go to cookie cutter spec.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I very much enjoy the minimal changes they are making to Monks. With a new class there is always the fear that they will overhaul it. They don't seem to be changing the class, they're barely changing the rotation, if it all, which shows confidence in their design.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I very much enjoy the minimal changes they are making to Monks. With a new class there is always the fear that they will overhaul it. They don't seem to be changing the class, they're barely changing the rotation, if it all, which shows confidence in their design.
    I agree totally, personally i rather just stick with the monk class through buffs and nerfs alike because i enjoy the class as a whole. I believe fully, despite nerfs that come to a class, if people enjoy the class enough they find ways around the drawbacks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hell yes!

How I feel at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Honestly no one uses Ascension for the chi portion anyways. They could straight up remove it at this point and it wouldn't matter to anyone.
    That was my favorite part of ascension.

I still don't feel comfortable having only 4 chi with brew even though I've been using it for months.

Glad they're making 5 baseline.

All good changes.

Personally I'd love to see sparring changed from rng 15% parry to 15% passive all-time damage reduction, but oh well.

Good changes but at the end of the day the problem with WW monks wasn't dps it was utility....we'll have to see how the raid cooldown nerfs pan out I suppose.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Good changes but at the end of the day the problem with WW monks wasn't dps it was utility....we'll have to see how the raid cooldown nerfs pan out I suppose.
    I must be in the minority then because I haven't noticed a problem with utility. I consider being able to kite as BrM w/o the need of gear or knowledge of how to tank as utility. I consider being able to be on Seigecrafter belts as utility. So it may be less the utility of the spec and more the utility of the people playing it, I could dig my heels in and say I only want to DPS, then I don't have much utility, but that's a choice IMO.

They are removing some of the utility that others have to balance the playing field. WW utility is a niche thing, not an every fight thing.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Fists of Fury doing 20% more damage and not splitting damage. What else could you ask for? WW is basically golden.

Also Elusive Brawler is for BrM, not WW.
    And the "OP" part of FoF has been fixed as well, so it won't re-stun every single time. What I'm wondering though is how difficult will it be to have stay on your target when the stun has worn off.

For example: Leg Sweep into RSK into BK/Chi Wave into Jab into FoF = 2 sec restun with a 4-5 sec duration. Means they'll be able to avoid the last 2 seconds of FoF ticking.

Kinda bummed out about literally every root in the game DRing though. SFB DRing with Disable seems kinda annoying, and considering the amount of small roots out there it basically means you should never use it.

With 20m only, there gets a point where you get enough defensive raid CDs that they become redundant.

Happens already in 25m. Where you can fit in Monks and other dps without raid CDs easily because you have such an abundance of them.

Where WW really excels is personal survivability and mobility. In a large raid format IMO that's all you need when there are already so many CDs available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scryms View Post
    Celestalon tweeted about this. Most (if not all) of dps class raid cooldowns will probably be removed, but this didn't make it to last night's patch notes. I would be way happier if noone has raid CDs rather than having one myself. Healthier gameplay overall.
    He was referring to offensive Raid CDs not named bloodlust.

Tricks from rogues, storm lash and crit banner.

Defensive CDs are still there, albeit removed from tanks.

- - - Updated - - -

While not removed, the smart healing change should nerf Shaman dps ancestral guidance's potency.

Demo banner I think stays the same.

Spriests lost hymn of hope (forget if that's mana or healing one, i don't priest)

All the other raid CDs have their same power and weaknesses.

Warlock utility got heavily nerfed, health potions are now equal to healthstones and large nerf to their portal.

Keep these in mind when discussing WW utility. (Above I'm pretty sure I got all right, but don't guarantee it)

We will see what they say in their cooldown update.

I don't think I will ever be ok with rogues keeping smoke bomb while we still have nothing.

Deleted
    He was referring to offensive Raid CDs not named bloodlust.
    Ret Paladins lost Devotion Aura, DPS shamans lost HTT. That's what we know for now, could be more, could be only this. I still have the feeling that they will tone down raids CD a bit for DPS classes.

Pretty excited for these changes overall though. Definately a good boost to our already good damage I think
    Last edited by Nanonite98; 2014-04-04 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scryms View Post
    Ret Paladins lost Devotion Aura, DPS shamans lost HTT. That's what we know for now, could be more, could be only this. I still have the feeling that they will tone down raids CD a bit for DPS classes.
    This is incorrect.. Ret Pallys didn't lose DA, Prot Pally did. Every other melee DPS has some form of raid utility/CD except for WW. WW has personal survivability/cheese, but so does rogue and ret pally.

So, I look forward to them actually backing up that they're removing DPS raid CDs, havent yet.
    Last edited by Adornus; 2014-04-04 at 05:10 PM.

This is incorrect.. Ret Pallys didn't lose DA, Prot Pally did. Every other melee DPS has some form of raid utility/CD except for WW. WW has personal survivability/cheese, but so does rogue and ret pally.
    He said in a later tweet that most of the defensive CDs didn't make the patch notes and will be addressed later. Likely those are actually gone from melee DPS if they're gone from tanks, for the most part (eg - rallying cry still referenced for DPS warriors in the patch notes)