Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    One thing I'm hoping they do is redo 2hand/DW to make them more even like 2h/DW frost DKs and SMF/TG warriors(least in my opinion, might be different at heroic level)

edit: Wonder if this'll even the gap

Your successful auto attacks and their multistrikes have an 8% chance (5% when dual - wielding) to trigger Tiger Strikes, increasing your multistrike chance by 50% for 50

http://wowhead.com/news#classes7-monk
    Nope. Blue posts clearly stated they want WW monks dual wield and 2H to play identically. They want frost DK dual wield and 2H to play differently.

Ofc, that's assuming readiness lowers the CDs of the same abilities as it does now. Which it may not.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Ofc, that's assuming readiness lowers the CDs of the same abilities as it does now. Which it may not.
    Fists of Fury and Energizing Brew are the only non-talented DPS abilities that aren't strictly rotational like RSK is. There are literally no other DPS-affecting cooldowns that Readiness could lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Fists of Fury and Energizing Brew are the only non-talented DPS abilities that aren't strictly rotational like RSK is. There are literally no other DPS-affecting cooldowns that Readiness could lower.
    Roaring Tiger: 1.5 Min CD: Grants 10 TEB Stacks, affected by Readiness. Please.

While TEB is not an issue mid combat, but the starting bit needs it, especially if unlucky with the Chi Brew procs.
    It would solve our on Demand Burst.
    And I'd love we get tuned up a bit, and slower TEB generation/reliance, it's "maintenance" right now.
    Last edited by Manu9; 2014-04-16 at 12:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Nope. Blue posts clearly stated they want WW monks dual wield and 2H to play identically. They want frost DK dual wield and 2H to play differently.
    Hehe, was talking about how close 2hand and DW frost DKs play DPS wise(being super close to each other dps wise)

Around 20% with Chi Brew. AoC's problem isn't EB, it's FoF, and with FoF being used on CD in 6.0 Readiness effects will actually be useful. AoC will likely be BiS for the whole month between 6.0 and WoD launch.
    So Harooms+AoC for BiS?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Roaring Tiger: 1.5 Min CD: Grants 10 TEB Stacks, affected by Readiness. Please.

While TEB is not an issue mid combat, but the starting bit needs it, especially if unlucky with the Chi Brew procs.
    It would solve our on Demand Burst.
    And I'd love we get tuned up a bit, and slower TEB generation/reliance, it's "maintenance" right now.
    I'd practically have perma TEB with that. I already have issues at times with capping again immediately after a 10 stack, let alone with that thrown into the mix.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    So Harooms+AoC for BiS?
    Yes, those would continue to be BiS. They are BiS now but practicality pushes TED above AoC. With the changes to FoF, AoC is the head and shoulders favorite.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Yes, those would continue to be BiS. They are BiS now but practicality pushes TED above AoC. With the changes to FoF, AoC is the head and shoulders favorite.
    Of course this is all assuming the multistrike numbers and Readiness numbers still end up being the same value after the gear conversion. Even if balanced though, at end-tier levels of haste mastery is not very good, so TED will likely be the worst of the three because it won't even be able to be reforged.

That reminds me, does anyone know if our currently reforged gear is just going to stay reforged, or would it merely revert back to what it was?

Quote Originally Posted by darklani View Post
    That reminds me, does anyone know if our currently reforged gear is just going to stay reforged, or would it merely revert back to what it was?
    Not sure if that has been answered yet, decent question tho. My advice pick up any gear with haste/X on it that u normally wouldnt get 2 of IE Spoils bracers/Stonetoe boots, they could roll crit, same with crit/X. Dont let it rot it could be very useful.
    Last edited by Zenlogic; 2014-04-16 at 11:55 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Latest Alpha has:

Stance of the Fierce Tiger Increases your movement speed by 10%, increases damage done by 10% and increases the amount of Chi generated by your Jab and Expel Harm abilities by 1. Increases the energy cost of Jab by 10. Reduces the global cooldown of all of your spells and abilities by 0.5 sec. Stance. Instant.
    My poor sweet chi. Is this to compensate for all the readiness they are bringing in?
    Ayr - WW Monk
    US Aerie Peak(A) - Convert to Raid

I would guess they want to slow down ww's rotation with the jab cost and Ascension nerfs.

Jab up to 50 energy - slows down rotation a little, makes it actually possible to consume the amount of energy Bloodlust/Heroism provides, creating a higher haste cap.

Comob Breaker proc chance down to 8% - Also higher haste cap.

Ascension down to 10% energy - AGAIN easing the haste cap thing

Looks like they realized they were going to have another 5.0 situation on their hands where WW is haste capped the second Bloodlust/Heroism goes off. There was also the potential to get GCD capped with enough Readiness to make EB and FoF used often enough that you'd literally be unable to use any haste. Overall good stuff, remember balance comes later, there are no "nerfs" or "buffs", only changes to the way the spec works.

I dislike those changes, makes us a bit slower.

Eh, in today's terms it means the target haste would be around 14k because you have to factor in FoF being used on cooldown means a lot more spare energy floating around. It won't feel slower because it's just counteracting the fact that increased FoF usage would have us overflowing with energy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like they realized they were going to have another 5.0 situation on their hands where WW is haste capped the second Bloodlust/Heroism goes off. There was also the potential to get GCD capped with enough Readiness to make EB and FoF used often enough that you'd literally be unable to use any haste. Overall good stuff, remember balance comes later, there are no "nerfs" or "buffs", only changes to the way the spec works.
    I would like to remind everyone that currently Blizzard is this is the tuning the feel of the rotation, and as Total said, they won't start working on damage tuning to near the end of Beta.

Personally I am not thrilled with the changes but I understand the reasoning. I just feel that WW Monks are intended to be a fast action spec and this just slows us down to all the other classes.

I actually like the change. At the end of the day the numbers will be balanced & this will greatly improve heroism issues.

Have to find a way to make the other stats more appealing than haste seems to be.

I'm not particularly fond of the idea - unless it is simply a half seen tooltip where jab is 30 energy for BM, but 40 for WW. Part of the appeal of the spec is that it flows very smoothly. This just feels a lot like nerfing all monks because a lot of the top tier monks like to run wtih excessive amounts of haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    FoF gets faster with haste, so the more haste the faster your FoF cast speed so the less energy you'll regen over that time.
    If I'm not mistaken you always regen 40 energy during FoF. Haste lowers FoF's channel time but also increases your regen, resulting in the same 40 energy

I haven't spoken yet in this thread, but I'm very excited overall with all the changes! I was leaning towards rerolling but now I'm not too sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedore View Post
    If I'm not mistaken you always regen 40 energy during FoF. Haste lowers FoF's channel time but also increases your regen, resulting in the same 40 energy
    Yes and no. In normal conditions, if you are not taking Ascension, then yes that statement is correct. For example at 20% haste, that lowers your FoF down to 3.33 Seconds. But you are regenerating 12 energy per second. 12 * 3.33 = 40 energy. Now if you factor in Ascension; and I'll go with the 10% haste increase instead of the 15% on live, you are regenerating 13.2 energy per second at 20% haste. 13.2 * 3.33 = 44 energy. It's not a whole lot difference but something to keep in mind.